List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riccardi looks to slow to me
I think hed be better as a steven may type wrsetling full back

Frampton was unproven at afl level and playing well in the 2’s, just like Riccardi. And he’s not half sized 😂
Riccardi played 15 AFL games last season and kicked 15 goals. Not setting the world on fire, but arguably more to work with than Frampton had last season.

Riccardi has played 4 games this season. To me it suggests that he's around the mark and shouldn't be dismissed out of hand. I can't recall whether he has had any significant injuries either, but he seems like someone who could play a role.

Riccardi played 15 AFL games last season and kicked 15 goals. Not setting the world on fire, but arguably more to work with than Frampton had last season.

Riccardi has played 4 games this season. To me it suggests that he's around the mark and shouldn't be dismissed out of hand. I can't recall whether he has had any significant injuries either, but he seems like someone who could play a role.
Kicked 4.2, 4.2, and 3 goals the last 3 VFL games A lot better than any KPP we have developing. Still young. I see him in defence tbh. But he’s an upgrade on what we have, which is basically nothing.

I’ll be watching him against us this wkend with interest

At 198cm and 100kg, how is he a half sized forward?
Is that correct?
I seem to recall he was in the 193cm - 195cm range?

Jake Riccardi | AFL = 198cm, 100kg
Jake Riccardi - Wikipedia = 195cm, 92kg
Jake Riccardi = 194cm, 96kg
Jake Riccardi of the GWS Giants Player Profile and AFL Stats = 195cm, 97kg
Jake Riccardi = 195cm, 97kg
Two-game Giant Jake Riccardi has the AFL world abuzz. Why he was snubbed twice has puzzled many = 195cm, ??kg
VFL/AFL Players from St Bernards Old Collegians - Draftguru = 195cm, 92kg

I think the giants may have added a few cm's.

Hi all, I like Riccardi from the Giants. Do you think he would suit our game style?
Oh hi Jake!

Good to see you join up today.

I think you are better going through your manager as we at Big Footy don't get paid enough to make these decisions.

Hi all, I like Riccardi from the Giants. Do you think he would suit our game style?

I like Riccardi but I think that role is now filled by McStay, Cox, Kreuger. Riccardi would remain depth. Perhaps if Cox retires. I'm of the view we either go top talent for KPF or nothing. Otherwise think he's a solid shout.

I like Riccardi but I think that role is now filled by McStay, Cox, Kreuger. Riccardi would remain depth. Perhaps if Cox retires. I'm of the view we either go top talent for KPF or nothing. Otherwise think he's a solid shout.
The issue we have is our two depth KPP in dean and kreuger are both non existent. I guess only the club knows but we need to find some KPP depth that can actually play. I hope both can get over their issues but at some point you have to plan elsewhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that correct?

Two-game Giant Jake Riccardi has the AFL world abuzz. Why he was snubbed twice has puzzled many = 195cm, ??kg

He's 23, so possibly grew a little over the off-season. Or maybe the AFL's measurement was made early in the morning?

Regardless, I wouldn't classify 195cm as 'half-size'.

Kicked 4.2, 4.2, and 3 goals the last 3 VFL games A lot better than any KPP we have developing. Still young. I see him in defence tbh. But he’s an upgrade on what we have, which is basically nothing.

I’ll be watching him against us this wkend with interest
He is more a third tall at best. He would have to be a big presence as a KF for us and he doesn't have that in him. We would be better off with someone like Elliot Himmelberg who is 200cm and would at least take a better defender

If he came to us it would likely be to play down back. He is a very good intercepting mark.

The issue we have is our two depth KPP in dean and kreuger are both non existent. I guess only the club knows but we need to find some KPP depth that can actually play. I hope both can get over their issues but at some point you have to plan elsewhere.

I'd get coverage for defence but feel we have a lot of so-so options forward.

Carlton's issue is that their list is unbalanced - not enough runners - and they haven't addressed that. It's not that they are over-paying at the top end - they could have addressed the list gap with cheapies.

They have. It’s how they got unbalanced. Look where they are.

Is that correct?

Just looking at the last 4 AFL Season Guides (which should show his "official" measurements), covering his time in the AFL:
2020: 195/96
2021: 195/93
2022: 195/97
2023: 198/100

He's now 23, and it does seem a bit hard to believe he'd have grown 3 cm since last year.

Just looking at the last 4 AFL Season Guides (which should show his "official" measurements), covering his time in the AFL:
2020: 195/96
2021: 195/93
2022: 195/97
2023: 198/100

He's now 23, and it does seem a bit hard to believe he'd have grown 3 cm since last year.

forgot to take his shoes off in 2023.

Don’t mind the idea of RiccardI as cheap KPB depth, with an eye to him developing into a solid best 22 in time.

Up forward we’ve got enough NQR key forwards in McSray, Krueger, Johnson and at a stretch Cox. Forward we need proven class key Forward.

Down back if Murph has to retire from concussion for example (touch wood), or Howe retires soon, then the cupboard is pretty bare. Would be great to free Moore up as an interceptor/playmaker and have others worried about defending oppo key forwards.

Also the flexibility to play him forward or back is useful for list management, means we hypothetically need to list one less depth tall as he can swing either end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back