List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For everyone not too happy with the Billings interest, did you have the same feelings for Mitchell, McStay, Markov and Frampton when we showed interest. I trust Fly, Leppa and Co to get the best out of any player currently out of favour at another current club. It's amazing what a great club culture can do to a player.
It's a reasonable point but out of those players, only Mitchell was on significant coin and Hawthorn agreed to chip in financially.

Billings has a healthy amount owed to him and there's no suggestion St Kilda will contribute.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

McCluggage please.

LIONS HOPE TO START HUGH TALKS​

BRISBANE is hopeful of kicking off talks with star midfielder Hugh McCluggage after the Trade Period concludes, as the club's vice-captain prepares to enter his free agency season in 2024.

McCluggage is one of the competition's biggest 'pre-agents' this year, given he is about to hit his free agency campaign when his contract expires in 2024, but is settled at the Lions and enjoyed another standout season as the club made it through to the Grand Final.

Brisbane has been hoping to tie McCluggage down to a long-term deal before he enters his contract year, with his manager Dave Trotter from Hemisphere Management Group declaring that talks will start soon.
"Hugh is really happy up there," Trotter told Gettable on Continental Tyres AFL Trade Radio last week.

"I'm sure we'll start talks. When that happens, I don't know. But I spoke to [Brisbane list manager] Dom Ambrogio the other day. We'll get through the Trade Period.

"Hugh's away at the moment so when he gets back, we'll probably do it on the golf course. That's where he likes to have most of his meetings, so we'll start it there." – Riley Beveridge

agree and disagree
Yes we lost a Best 22 player that IMHO is replacable within our list with a younger player .
Schultz is good but is not worth what Fremantle is asking for.
On abc sport they were talking to a Perth corespondant who has Shultz worth between 15 and 20
Personally that's all I would give
It still leaves us with a weaker list. Not something we should be allowing for a minor pick discrepancy in a trade.

Any replacements for Adams within our list are young and very unlikely to perform at the level of Adams or Schultz. We also then have one less best 22 capable player overall. Both of those aren't acceptable for a team in the window.

Would be an absolute madness to give them our future first for quite a few reasons.

Our next year's first rounder is very very likely to be better, Schultz is a solid good player but he's not a game changer and not a desperate list need, 19 or whatever it might end up as is actually a fair price, and even if the current negotiations fall through chances are he'll come to us next year at no draft pick cost.

The only scenario I'd entertain it if we get Freo's second rounder back in return along with swapping of some minor picks.
Stand your ground Wrighty.

Would be an absolute madness to give them our future first for quite a few reasons.

Our next year's first rounder is very very likely to be better, Schultz is a solid good player but he's not a game changer and not a desperate list need, 19 or whatever it might end up as is actually a fair price, and even if the current negotiations fall through chances are he'll come to us next year at no draft pick cost.

The only scenario I'd entertain it if we get Freo's second rounder back in return along with swapping of some minor picks.
Stand your ground Wrighty.
I'd rather Wrighty turn around and trade this year's pick 19 for a F1st and offer pick 33 for Schultz, just to p* them off, Freo are being dh's.
If we miss out next year, it's not the end of the world. We still won a GF without him.
Nick will be beefier too, how good!
We need next year's picks to replace the retirees.
We can give Ginni some of McCreery's blood to give him that added aggression and Bobby's blood for extra speed.
See, no need for coke 😆

The market has changed enormously since then. Go back to the early 90s and delisted guys went top 10 in the draft.
Not disputing the decision, it worked out well for us. Similarly Sydney are taking a ping at a premiership, why haven’t they paid a first round pick for Adams ?

We also threw a first rounder at the Brisbane ruckman over the same period that turned out to be a spud.

I don’t know if one situation of the top of my head where we have been over compensated…can recount multiple where we have screwed ourselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Geelong would work for Gunston, Fremantle as well, there are some clubs out there that could use him if Hawthorn don't want him."

- Brad Johnson on the clubs that could use Jack Gunston

Not disputing the decision, it worked out well for us. Similarly Sydney are taking a ping at a premiership, why haven’t they paid a first round pick for Adams ?

We also threw a first rounder at the Brisbane ruckman over the same period that turned out to be a spud.

I don’t know if one situation of the top of my head where we have been over compensated…can recount multiple where we have screwed ourselves.
Trading and drafting is an attempt to predict the future and various asset types have been revalued over time. Looking back at individual trades from the past and saying that should be the value for current trades is really silly.

We need our 2024 first pick for 2024.

An oppo club trying to demand that another club effectively go into debt, to spend something they haven't earned yet, is outrageous. It's one thing for a club to offer it, but for the seller to require it like that's reasonable is very offensive to me. Especially since we're offering the equivalent pick.

They're effectively saying, "we reckon you're gonna be sh1t next year, and we want it to hurt even more when you do because you'll regret giving us this pick that we're insisting you give us."

How about go eff yourselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back