List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always wonder why they aren’t picked up then, 25 yo is a long time for no looks.
I asked Hine the same thing about Mihocek at Club42 once. He replied that sometimes players simply aren’t ready earlier.

Fair enough.

Listened to a snippet of Tom Mitchell on the Unlaced Podcast.

One classy move he pulled off was gathering the reserves boys, telling them he'd been in their position before (although Sydney hadn't won), and showing them that they haven't missed out, their time is yet to come.

That's why we traded him in. Culture. You cannot measure little things like that and what it does for development. We found an unwanted but hungry player, traded him into the lineup and then let him work his magic.

Mitchell might be a veteran but we recruited him for a reason.

Saw this, super impressive by Tom in the moment, Great leadership, Love what he's brought to the table

Neither did Frampton or Leigh Brown. Both Collingwood premiership players.

Leigh Brown was a former top 10 draftee with 170-180 senior games under his belt. Pretty sure we were pretty confident in what we were getting. Biggest difference was the role we envisioned him playing.

Hard to believe I used to think he was a ball hog flog (very wrong there). Good reminder that we only see a fraction of players.
He routinely got 40-50 disposals against us when he was at Hawthorn.
The difference is that he has a more clearly defined role that suits his attributes now, and doesn't have to rack up huge numbers.
He was one of our best in the GF, and our young mids will learn a lot from him.
Along with Pendles, Titch provides a great role model for our young guys.

Hard to believe I used to think he was a ball hog flog (very wrong there). Good reminder that we only see a fraction of players.
Titch said in his post GF podcast that he knew coming to us he didn't have to get 35-40 a game he just wanted to play to his strengths of contested footy and let Nick, Pendles, Jordy etc do the rest. He bought in beautifully and got rewarded

Last edited:
If Billy can learn to multi-task as a shutdown forward he’d be handy. His problem on GF day was he was so focused on stopping Andrews he forgot to look at the ball! There’s potential there. Could be a handy weapon if he can shut down the opposition’s primary rebounder and go for the ball when it’s to his advantage. Our leading goal kicker for the last how many ever seasons started as a defender too.

There needs to be continuity though, you can’t have him play different roles every week. Not many in the AFL are talented enough to do that well, let alone Billy.

Titich said in his post GF podcast that he knew coming to us he didn't have to get 35-40 a game he just wanted to play to his strengths of contested footy and let Nick, Pendles, Jordy etc do the rest. He bought in beautifully and got rewarded
I think that reduced stress and pressure to accumulate that he felt at the Hawks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that confirms Adams knew all along he was leaving. I have no issue with that but at least be honest and tell the club.
I read it as he didn't really entertain thoughts of leaving till close to the GF, around the time he was injured, with some suggestion that he wasn't entirely happy playing bursts forward throughout the year. Didn't really read that he was plotting to move 'all along'.

Last edited:
that confirms Adams knew all along he was leaving. I have no issue with that but at least be honest and tell the club.
I'm not sure you know what "confirms" means - His manager was able to see the writing on the wall and did some groundwork for Tay, and there's absolutely no evidence that this was being done in the shadows, with the club in the dark about it.

I'm not sure you know what "confirms" means - His manager was able to see the writing on the wall and did some groundwork for Tay, and there's absolutely no evidence that this was being done in the shadows, with the club in the dark about it.

if they didn't tell the club wouldn't that be evidence?

I’m not actually sure there was writing on the wall. He’d be in our best 23 this year had he remained but not as a midfielder. I’m not too shattered he left personally but he had some good plays throughout the year.

Why would his manager keep asking if he was happy here ? if it was obvious we were winning most weeks he was in the team it does not make sense to me without an ulterior motive. He expects people to believe he had no intention of leaving until the GF was over.

I do not think he comes out of that interview with any credibility at all, he just seems to have a sense of entitlement to me we know he played his heart out for the team but it is a team game and he did no more than others have done over his journey at Collingwood.

I must say I have lost some respect for him since that interview.

Why would his manager keep asking if he was happy here ? if it was obvious we were winning most weeks he was in the team it does not make sense to me without an ulterior motive. He expects people to believe he had no intention of leaving until the GF was over.

I do not think he comes out of that interview with any credibility at all, he just seems to have a sense of entitlement to me we know he played his heart out for the team but it is a team game and he did no more than others have done over his journey at Collingwood.

I must say I have lost some respect for him since that interview.

Kind of Glad he is gone with the Attitude he had in the Finals

I read it as he didn't really entertain thoughts of leaving till close to the GF, around the time he was injured, with some suggestion that he wasn't entirely happy playing bursts forward throughout the year. Didn't really read that he was plotting to move 'all along'.
I don’t have any issue with it at all.

Sounds like we weren’t gonna offer him anything serious, so his manager looked around for better security, while Adams concentrated on footy. It couldn’t have been handled much more respectfully imo.

Did I miss something? What was this attitude during the finals of which we are apparently well rid?

He wanted out of the Club because we would not play him even with Injured

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back