List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Taranto goes to Richmond and on the off chance we set our eyes on Tanner Bruhn or elsewhere a couple of left field options

Quinton Narkle is 24 and a FA and probably has not played his best footy yet, would also be dangerous resting forward. He is the same draft as Callum Brown, I would take Narkle over either Brown in a heartbeat.

Jack Ross is definite bargain basement option as well, 21 and 187cm.
It's impossible to be a 24 year old free agent. One of those things is wrong. Unless delisted free agent.

Anticipation Popcorn GIF
I love popcorn

Letā€™s assume that Taranto, Hopper, Bruhn, Hill & Ollie request trades.

Taranto & Hill to us.
Bruhn, Hopper & Ollie to Cats.

Whatā€™s the best deal for everyone involved?

would we be okay losing Ollie if it meant we got Taranto & Hill?

Taranto & Hill to us.

Would rather keep Ollie and get Bruhn and Hill.

I am not the biggest Taranto fan going around, it must be said.

Taranto & Hill to us.

Nope, Henry is a must keep. This kid could be anything in a couple of years.

Ultimate flat track bully. Most of his goals against bottom teams.

Heā€™s been fine, but Iā€™m happy with our smalls
46.25, 15 touches and 2 tackles a gameā€¦that to many is fairly comprehensive. Imagine if we could have played Elliot on ball a bit more.

Agree though, easier for small forwards in performing teamsā€¦Stephenson a prime example.

Taranto & Hill to us.

Yeah Fck that to the moon. Ollie is going to be a star.

Would rather keep Ollie and get Bruhn and Hill.

I am not the biggest Taranto fan going around, it must be said.
Not for the $650-700K he is reportedly looking for. It was reported that GWS have increased their offer to him (years). I watched Bruhn play for the Falcons in TAC cup. Had a very good year. I like him but he reminds me of our midfield smallish in height (Around Adams height) and lacking bulk/ strength

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where does he play? In a year or two he can take Howe's position.

Hill is hardly competition. Or McStay. Really, it's Ash Johnson that plays the same role.

So he plays back instead. Anyway, we should sign him. He's a talent.
At the moment, I'd say he'll play finals if any of Elliott, Johnson, Mihocek, Cameron or Cox gets injured.

But next year, McStay and a fit Kreuger may slip ahead for most of those roles. I can understand his concern.

Last edited:
Opinions are what this forum is built on, and I have no issue with people expressing them. I only take issue when they disguise their opinions as facts.
It's funny how we read things differently. I read 100% gone as an opinion based on what he'd heard, which he then explained.

TBH, I liked the info he gave, because it was clear to me that his conclusion was an opinion based on his view of the current situation and sentiment. And from the info, i came to the opposite opinion and thought him staying was 100%. As he'd been offered a crap contract, board mustn't have put a line through him. Thus, as he wanted to stay, they'd meet in the middle and JDG would come to terms with it and we'd all be happy. Good times. Go Pies.

Ultimate flat track bully. Most of his goals against bottom teams.

Heā€™s been fine, but Iā€™m happy with our smalls
Of course there against bottom teams. Cats on top of all teams genius. Stengle is a jet in the position he plays , starvation corner . Pity he wasnā€™t interested in us when he was available

Of course there against bottom teams. Cats on top of all teams genius. Stengle is a jet in the position he plays , starvation corner . Pity he wasnā€™t interested in us when he was available
He wouldā€™ve stifled Ginnieā€™s development anyway, Iā€™m happy with our small forwards.

It's funny how we read things differently. I read 100% gone as an opinion based on what he'd heard, which he then explained.

TBH, I liked the info he gave, because it was clear to me that his conclusion was an opinion based on his view of the current situation and sentiment. And from the info, i came to the opposite opinion and thought him staying was 100%. As he'd been offered a crap contract, board mustn't have put a line through him. Thus, as he wanted to stay, they'd meet in the middle and JDG would come to terms with it and we'd all be happy. Good times. Go Pies.

IMG_1077.gif

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Here I was thinking it was because the club werenā€™t offering him a new contract šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

I hope some at least learned a lesson in critical thinking out of that ā€œinfoā€.
Yeah donā€™t think I ever said it was definitive that he was gone. Merely provided some insight to posters who were angry at BEEG ā€™s mail, and seemed to think it unfathomable that he not be offered the same, large contract.
Had heard from a few sources that some female members of the board were heavily against him - and were pushing to prioritise the protection / resurrection of the CFC brand and wider culture of the club - after NYC, and felt vindicated / dug their heels in after Bali not long after. Whether you agree with this opinion or not is a different story, but it was an issue for club officials. Donā€™t know this part as a fact, but also seemed logical that GW would be pissed at being let down after endorsing such a big contract offer, with jordy voluntarily edging himself towards the too hard basket, when player attitudes and professionalism is paramount.

Seems he has worked v hard to change perceptions since - in his actions and words - whilst being open to a shorter term and behavioural clauses to satisfy / placard said board members / opinions. And as BEEG said, things can change. With opinions softened and compromises reached after the dust settling somewhat. Doesnā€™t make the initial mail wrong, as thatā€™s where things were at.

Think he can also thank McRae for being a big advocate, along with the current success of the team. If McRae doesnā€™t back him in, heā€™s gone, or If we finish bottom 4 and McRae isnā€™t the prodigal son that he has become, his endorsement maybe carries slightly less weight in year 1, with list management open to bigger changes to rebuild / reset. Instead McRaeā€™s blueprint for success is being fully supported, and theyā€™re looking to keep the formula of a winning team together, and build on it rather than dilute it. With the footballing credentialed voices of pendles, Licuria and coaching staff et al no doubt also working to convince other club officials that the talent and impact of a player like jordy - in his prime no less - is better to hang on to, rather than let go.

Last edited:
How about we just let people express what they feel like at the time and have the God given right to form different opinions without been attacked for it on a footy forum that isnā€™t life and death

Some ppl have contacts or know ppl in footy believe it or not and like to share what they hear whether itā€™s right or wrong because this is what this joint is about

Time to chill and go with the flow or just go !

Thanks for sharing

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
By the same token thereā€™s absolutely nothing wrong with calling out BS. Thatā€™s all Apex has done! Anyone with a modicum of common sense could tell BEEGā€™s info was BS because he was claiming to know both sidesā€¦ Just as people are free to post what they feel people are free to believe what they will and some must just be more gullible than others šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Yeah donā€™t think I ever said it was definitive that he was gone. Merely provided some insight to posters who were angry at @BEEGā€™s mail, and seemed to think it unfathomable that he not be offered another contract.
Had heard from a few sources that some female members of the board were heavily against him - and were pushing to prioritise the protection / resurrection of the CFC brand and wider culture of the club - after NYC, and somewhat vindicated / dug their heels in after Bali not long after. Donā€™t know for a fact, but also seemed logical that GW would also be pissed at being let down after endorsing the big contract offer, and that jordy was voluntarily moving himself into the too hard basket, when player attitudes and professionalism is paramount.

Seems he has worked v hard to change perceptions since - in his actions and words - whilst being open to a shorter term and behavioural clauses to satisfy / placard said board members. And as BEEG said, things can change. With opinions softened and compromises reached after the dust settling somewhat. Doesnā€™t make the initial mail wrong, as thatā€™s where things were at.

Think he can also thank McRae for being a big advocate, along with the current success of the team. If we finish bottom 4 and McRae isnā€™t the prodigal son that he has become, his opinion maybe carries slightly less weight in year 1, with bigger changes maybe deemed necessary to rebuild. Instead McRaeā€™s blueprint for success is being fully supported, and theyā€™re looking to keep the formula of a winning team together now, and build on it. With the voices of pendles, Licuria and coaching staff et al able to convince club officials that the talent and impact of a player like jordy is much better to hang on to, rather than let go.
I canā€™t really respond to all this other than to suggest I regretted the tag as soon as I did it (hence the ninja edit). My main issue was that youā€™d defended BEEGā€™s info when he was posting as absolute fact on both sides. Like I said at the time no one gets that info. If it werenā€™t such a roadblock for ourselves Iā€™d actually find it hilarious if JDG ultimately left.

Taranto & Hill to us.

What do Geelong give up?

Imagine if we finished on top of the ladder by two games and percentage and linked with players like that. Other fans would be in uproar. Geelong seem to get a free ride.

Where does he play? In a year or two he can take Howe's position.

Hill is hardly competition. Or McStay. Really, it's Ash Johnson that plays the same role.

So he plays back instead. Anyway, we should sign him. He's a talent.

Agree that we should sign Henry. The difference between Ned Guy and Wright is that Wright cave in. Wright has a price range and will stick to that.

If we assume that McStay ends up playing forwardā€¦ā€¦.who are we recruiting to play down back? We cannot only have Dean and Kelly (two improvement players) as depth?

What do Geelong give up?

Imagine if we finished on top of the ladder by two games and percentage and linked with players like that. Other fans would be in uproar. Geelong seem to get a free ride.
Itā€™s the self fulfilling prophecy. Think Chris Scott learned this from his Brisbane playing days. Build a genuine top of the table team, and youā€™re immediately a destination club, with players willing to accept unders or market value max. If the player chooses you categorically, clubs are then forced to deal with you. And you prob care less about any draft picks or fringe players you have to give up (answer to your first question) as the list doesnā€™t need much reinvestment in youth or B graders, instead replenishing itself with sprinklings of proven players coming in via a revolving door

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back