List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course there against bottom teams. Cats on top of all teams genius. Stengle is a jet in the position he plays , starvation corner . Pity he wasn’t interested in us when he was available
You realise Geelong’s position on the ladder has absolutely no impact on how many goals Stengle kicks vs bottom 6 sides vs middle 6, right?

It’s really not that hard to comprehend, “genius” :)

The go home factor is the biggest load of s**t. Players follow two factors with a move like that:

1. The money and
2. Their parter

If Geelong, Melbourne or Collingwood offered that same deal to Rankine he’d have chosen one of them. The only reason he chose Adelaide was because it was a minnow club that offered him the contract in Victoria.

Not always.

Whilst it’s probably not the case for Rankine ATM (unless he is forward planning), but I can definitely understand the desire of players who either have or are looking to start a family, to be a closer to a family support network.

It’s a bloody tough slog early on, and having lived both circumstances, being close to family to lean on makes it a shit tonne easier.

It takes a village.

Of course there against bottom teams. Cats on top of all teams genius. Stengle is a jet in the position he plays , starvation corner . Pity he wasn’t interested in us when he was available

He was available to us… In the mid season draft.

Not that I’m complaining. We got Ash Johnson.

Rendall reckons we were keen as mustard on him leading up to the MSD draft. But in the end decided to err on the side of caution and give him another half a season to prove he could stay on the straight and narrow.

Unfortunately it allowed Geelong (and Betts) time to get in his ear.

Ultimate flat track bully. Most of his goals against bottom teams.

He’s been fine, but I’m happy with our smalls

I’ve watched him live half a dozen times down at Kardinia Park.

He is an absolute jet. His ability to impact a game is right up there with the best small forwards in the game IMO.

Agree that we should sign Henry. The difference between Ned Guy and Wright is that Wright cave in. Wright has a price range and will stick to that.

If we assume that McStay ends up playing forward…….who are we recruiting to play down back? We cannot only have Dean and Kelly (two improvement players) as depth?
Nathan Krueger can play down back. That’s where he cut his teeth.

Wow, finally up to date.
Made me remember why I joined BF.
Was to read the views of others and get some news on our Club.
Thanks for sharing and participating.
A pity about the petty point scoring though.

He was available to us… In the mid season draft.

Not that I’m complaining. We got Ash Johnson.

Rendall reckons we were keen as mustard on him leading up to the MSD draft. But in the end decided to err on the side of caution and give him another half a season to prove he could stay on the straight and narrow.

Unfortunately it allowed Geelong (and Betts) time to get in his ear.

So Rendell refutes that he wasn’t available in the MSD? Or talking out of his hat?

Wow, finally up to date.
Made me remember why I joined BF.
Was to read the views of others and get some news on our Club.
Thanks for sharing and participating.
A pity about the petty point scoring though.

I joined BF to read expert reviews of other posts. Thanks for sharing.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's funny how we read things differently. I read 100% gone as an opinion based on what he'd heard, which he then explained.

TBH, I liked the info he gave, because it was clear to me that his conclusion was an opinion based on his view of the current situation and sentiment. And from the info, i came to the opposite opinion and thought him staying was 100%. As he'd been offered a crap contract, board mustn't have put a line through him. Thus, as he wanted to stay, they'd meet in the middle and JDG would come to terms with it and we'd all be happy. Good times. Go Pies.
If you go the 100% and it doesn't get up then 100% your credibility is in tatters.

If you go the 100% and it doesn't get up then 100% your credibility is in tatters.
Credibility regarding judgement yes. Credibility regarding info - not really. Like I was saying, I'm not sure how Beeg interpreted him as being gone with a situation where the footy department hadn't had him cancelled by the board and had offered him a low ball contract and he wanted to stay, but not at that contract. To me, that situation just involves a bit of a shift from one or both sides and the deal is done - regardless of the sentiment that either party is feeling at the time.

Personally, I like reading BEEG's snapshots of events at the club, and his info has credibility in my eyes, even if his judgement and interpretation of the info was wrong on this one.

I think all of us appreciate any sort of information, but naturally if you got 100% one way, then a few weeks later go 100% another way, naturally people will point it out but I don’t think it’s with any vindictive nature. It’s why the journos always roll with a “I believe”

But for me that doesn’t even matter if we’re talking about that info in particular, the devil is in the contract length. I think we can all agree the tea leaves when BEEG posted was how unhappy he is and every second day he was leaving. Now all the talk in the media was he was staying and we haven’t had a single article in weeks about his departure, and this is a few days clear of the main suitor finishing up and if he was leaving it would be at its highest, so clearly something changed and I’d been expecting him to stay.

A 2 year deal is very interesting though, you’d think the original offer with triggers must be back on the table, or De Goey’s manager is as incompetent as a family member with no managerial experience sounds like it would be

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a stuff up not making a bigger play for Stengle. Was always going to play at a decent level.
I wanted Stengle in the MSD as it was such a hole on the list , a pure small forward goalkicker. All we had to do was put T Brown on the long term injury list to get the extra pick. Thankfully we got lucky with Ginnivan getting through to pick 13 in the Rookie Draft. if I had the choice of the 2 now , I would choose Ginnivan.

It’s the self fulfilling prophecy. Think Chris Scott learned this from his Brisbane playing days. Build a top of the table team, and you’re immediately a destination club. If the player chooses you categorically, clubs are then forced to deal with you. And you prob care less about any draft picks or fringe players you have to give up (answer to your first question) as the list doesn’t need much reinvestment in youth, instead replenishing itself with sprinklings of proven players coming in via a revolving door

They have a bit of an advantage in many ways over the other Victorian clubs in that they are the only regional club and have the attractiveness of the Surf Coast. There's plenty of country footballs and even those who have grown up in Metro Melbourne who don't want to live in the inner city. As the only Victorian regional club they can appeal to those players.

They have lifestyle appeal and they seem to keep a good track of kids out of their area and if an opportunity comes up to entice them home they go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back