List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha I like the optimism! Ask Sydney how that went to Jordan Dawson last year who had a lot more credits in the bank! Dare say we’d be taking 24 and moving on with our lives.

All speculation at this point anyway but it’s a bit of fun!

Trading a pick 18 (?) which most consider to be a “hit” for a pick 24 which is an unknown with a high bust rate… that’s not my idea of “fun”, friend…

Missing out on Taranto and paying Grundy to play for the side on top of the ladder. They may have got the coaching staff in order but list management is still shambolic.

It would be the last cut we need to make to be finally completely free and in the clear

Honestly, if Grundy does manage to end up at Geelong (latest rumour), I wouldn't be unhappy with Esava coming back the other way to us

Missing out on Taranto and paying Grundy to play for the side on top of the ladder. They may have got the coaching staff in order but list management is still shambolic.

Because the newspaper said so, right?

We've done a lot bloody right this season but not many of us are going to cop paying our best ruck to go play with our toughest opponent.

If they want him, then they can pay for all of him.

* Geelong and their magical bottomless salary cap.
I said this a while ago.

If Grundy wants to go, find a club that takes his entire contract or we get on with business round 1 2023

Give the guy a break, getting over cancer and that stat doesn't show the real story, Bobby Hill has averaged 2.1 goals over his 4 seasons and 41 games

Who on our list is averaging 2 goals per game? only Ash Johnson and only based on 6 games, when Bobby matures he'll be a gun that murders teams

Hill has never had better than 0.9 goals average in any season so unclear how he’s gotten to 2.1. At 0.9 he’d be =7th on our list and offering little else.

Hill has never had better than 0.9 goals average in any season so unclear how he’s gotten to 2.1. At 0.9 he’d be =7th on our list and offering little else.

I'm happy to give Bobby Hill the benefit of the doubt if we're not giving up too much or paying him too much

Whys everyone so obsessed with Taranto? Has anyone actually watched him/GWS play?

Sure he has his good games, I've watched him a fair bit especially last year as he was in my fantasy team - his disposal by foot is pretty ordinary, sure our team sheet looks nicer but we wouldn't be much better off.

Instead of Taranto, why aren't we making a play for Dunkley?

I think we have a few with that potential already on the list.
I don't. We had no injuries to our flankers this year, yet Bianco and Poulter were on the edge or in Bianco's case, in the team quite often. And I'm not that hopeful about either of them long term. Then it's also the area most likely to get hit in the near future when Sidey and WHE pull stumps and one or both Daicos's move into the centre square after Pendles retires . Maybe Harrison and Murley, but I wouldn't suggest they're players who would yet impact who we should try to recruit. Added to this, it's a crucial area with the way Macrae has us playing.

In an ideal world, we'd obviously want to keep Grundy if it's at all possible

Sidebottom, Pendlebury and Howe will all be retiring in the next couple of years which should free up a tonne of cap space and then by the time that happens, the new CBA should kick in which increases the cap further.

I'd wanna hope there's a way to re-jig his contract to back end it (further?) so that he doesn't have to take a pay cut across the remaining 5 years, but maybe only takes a "pay cut" for the next 2, with the final 3 being a massive increase?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whys everyone so obsessed with Taranto? Has anyone actually watched him/GWS play?

Sure he has his good games, I've watched him a fair bit especially last year as he was in my fantasy team - his disposal by foot is pretty ordinary, sure our team sheet looks nicer but we wouldn't be much better off.

Or back in 1 or 2 of Macrae, McInnes or Draper to make it…

They have a bit of an advantage in many ways over the other Victorian clubs in that they are the only regional club and have the attractiveness of the Surf Coast. There's plenty of country footballs and even those who have grown up in Metro Melbourne who don't want to live in the inner city. As the only Victorian regional club they can appeal to those players.

They have lifestyle appeal and they seem to keep a good track of kids out of their area and if an opportunity comes up to entice them home they go for it.
An advantage in terms of recruiting, as they don't necessarily have to pay overs, as many would choose them for lifestyle.

I think they have to be a bloody good club though when it comes to retention as you'd think many with different lifestyle priorities would be naturally inclined to walk. They're doing really well to not lose many.

Have watched a bit of him (not since the new coach took over and imagine teams want him as they can see the upside. At GWS he has spent a fair bit of time up forward due to their on ball depth - whereas ideally he should be spending more time on ball.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

In an ideal world, we'd obviously want to keep Grundy if it's at all possible

Sidebottom, Pendlebury and Howe will all be retiring in the next couple of years which should free up a tonne of cap space and then by the time that happens, the new CBA should kick in which increases the cap further.

I'd wanna hope there's a way to re-jig his contract to back end it (further?) so that he doesn't have to take a pay cut across the remaining 5 years, but maybe only takes a "pay cut" for the next 2, with the final 3 being a massive increase?
The new cba starts next season. They need to finalise the broadcast agreement first. Grundy's contract is likely indexed to cap increases...

Or back in 1 or 2 of Macrae, McInnes or Draper to make it…

I honestly think developing from your youth is best.

Then when you’re right in the border of a premiership, you add Jolly and Luke Ball. Not before then.

Which means we’re better to do as you suggest and keep Henry.

great call.
Taller at 194cm and 8kg heavier, with good hands, Cadman could be an upgrade.

Untried kid who is slightly taller and has done well v other untried kids v first-round pick with 2 years development who has won matches off his own boot at 19 and looks like a jet. let me mull it over and get back to you. No

There is absolutely NOTHING in that article that even remotely resembles "new information". Let me post some choice quotes of Edmunds' bloviating.

But what if Geelong list manager Andrew Mackie is like that little girl on the Old El Paso taco commercial?

“Why don’t we have both?”
Ffs
Hopper wouldn’t take much convincing to don the hoops. Would he sign for $600,000 a year? The Cats part with their first-round pick to make it happen.
You're the journalist Sam, you tell me.

Let’s say Grundy joins the Cats for $700,000 a season. They could even back-end that deal - with Grundy’s blessing - to coincide with the retirements of Joel Selwood, Luke Dahlhaus, Shaun Higgins, Tom Hawkins and Isaac Smith in the coming years.
So Grundy is willing to renegotiate his deal with Geelong, but not with us, even though he wants to stay?

What a garbage piece of journalism.

Nathan Krueger can play down back. That’s where he cut his teeth.

Apart from a couple of games he played in defence for the Cats, I wasn’t aware he’d ever played there previously let alone “cut his teeth”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back