List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

The Carlton trade thread has pretty well turned from anything they are getting to a Collingwood melt session. My favourite was "Is them getting Houston worth 1 more flag?" Oh boy
The answer to that question is clearly "yes", and could conceivably be more than one.

It won't happen. Most rule changes they've made are to make it easier for players to move where they want to go.
I agree, but I think it depends on what the players want to do with FA long term. If they push for 6 years all bets are off on trading players against their will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot has been written about the trades GC have positioned themselves as a destination club to Rioli & Noble as well as to their respective managers. These same managers represent a number of players, and the wider football industry is now watching how GC handle themselves in ensuring they deliver the outcome(s) and vision they have sold to others during this season.

They will pay overs because they will want to ensure they have a "brand" which delivers against their trade commitments this year and establishes a club mantra for future seasons as well. (Wright could be accused of following a similar script)

Here are my thoughts.....

2024 for 2025
Noble & 36 = 13, 20 & 26
Richards, 13 & 26 = Houston
We take pick 20 to this draft with a couple of late picks.
Others trades which might emerge from the wilderness which we would seek picks into next years draft (Johnson, Kruger etc) or seek to have them positioned as F2 or projected early F3 picks having points attached. (Thinking McGuane here)

2025 for 2026
We have F1 which we will look to split into 2 second rounders for McGuane, use as part of a trade for Trac or even use it to push into 2026 draft if we already have in our pocket a couple of second round picks. Options, Options & even more options.

Just a thought..;-)

Ralphy also made sure to let us all know that Gold Coast were "laughing" at Collingwood for offering Noble and the F1 for 13, 23 and 29.
So what let them laugh.
They want the player then it’s on them to get it done.
They aren’t gonna let Lukosius go for a second round pick are they despite being in $1m plus per year to boot?

They’ll demand plenty from Port so we are within our rights to demand plenty for the players they are chasing.

A lot has been written about the trades GC have positioned themselves as a destination club to Rioli & Noble as well as to their respective managers. These same managers represent a number of players, and the wider football industry is now watching how GC handle themselves in ensuring they deliver the outcome(s) and vision they have sold to others during this season.

They will pay overs because they will want to ensure they have a "brand" which delivers against their trade commitments this year and establishes a club mantra for future seasons as well. (Wright could be accused of following a similar script)

Here are my thoughts.....

2024 for 2025
Noble & 36 = 13, 20 & 26
Richards, 13 & 26 = Houston
We take pick 20 to this draft with a couple of late picks.
Others trades which might emerge from the wilderness which we would seek picks into next years draft (Johnson, Kruger etc) or seek to have them positioned as F2 or projected early F3 picks having points attached. (Thinking McGuane here)

2025 for 2026
We have F1 which we will look to split into 2 second rounders for McGuane, use as part of a trade for Trac or even use it to push into 2026 draft if we already have in our pocket a couple of second round picks. Options, Options & even more options.

Just a thought..;-)
We'll need F1 to get 13...

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back