List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

The Owies one is a bit weird. He played 23 games, kicked 33 goals (third most), but the Blues list manager has said be won't be offered a contract till after the trade/draft period, if at all, and listed a bunch of players they'd prioritise in their forward line.

Not sure if I've seen that approach before. He's being treated like Long, Reef etc. It'd be different if they'd come out and said they'd be trading him. Maybe they will do that, but odd comments. Unless his value really is close to nothing. I'd have thought it would be just above that 🤷‍♂️.
They need cap space for Houston and Haynes imo. Carltons cap is stretched.

Blues have two issues. They've got to find something to add to 13 to get Houston and secondly Swans are rumoured to have offered 19 and 21 for 13 which in a stronger draft trumps the blues offer, as GC could trade 21 to us if they don't need 13 to get Noble. And could get a future first in a strong draft for 19. If GC take that, Houston is off to North.

Blues only way is to use their current first.
Even though Houston has not nominated a club, the lack of North talk, a club that has the currency, suggests that they may not be part of the equation. Similarly Saints, who he did apparently meet with (report didn't mention a meeting with North).

I think he'll land at Blues, Pies or stay at Port. The first two much more likely. There is a worry that these smaller teams will come with a big offer and Port will end up convincing Houston to take it though.

The anti Pies journos (Edmund, Ralph etc etc) making it sound difficult for us to get Houston… but every other report says a 3 way trade is brewing between Pies, Port and GC that will result in Houston landing with us.

Muting those types until next week and sticking with the ones who report facts (Cal Twomey), not just talk rubbish.

That lot of people on here said would most likely happen

100% it will and probably go down to the Wire

Surely, there are some surprise deals cooking away?

Part of the enjoyment of the trade period was the surprise of the the players being traded and their destination. It feels like too much is already known before the period actually starts?

Cal and Riley are two that aren’t clickbaiters and once something is true they’ll report it.

Basically if they report it, start getting excited

Spot On Exambolor they report on Truths and not Talk shit

They are proper Professional Journalists

Unless I’m confused Jen that’s my point, their later picks are 41, 50 and 78. If Lombard gets bid on top 10, they will need more. Maybe our second and Richards gets included.
We will not get all of 13 23 and 29 - plus tiges have a heap of points carrying picks that they'll be willing to throw in to get the best picks for Rioli.

Splinters Houston needs to hurry up and pick.
He won't nominate. On the off chance Carlton change their tune. If we get hold of the GC's pick though, he might sense the inevitability and come out with something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even though Houston has not nominated a club, the lack of North talk, a club that has the currency, suggests that they may not be part of the equation. Similarly Saints, who he did apparently meet with (report didn't mention a meeting with North).

I think he'll land at Blues, Pies or stay at Port. The first two much more likely. There is a worry that these smaller teams will come with a big offer and Port will end up convincing Houston to take it though.
He's coming back to Melbourne. If GC trade 13 elsewhere and Carlton take 12 to the draft. It'll be North or a different club coming out of the woodwork with an offer good enough for Port.

He wants to stir the pot and get a reaction from Pies supporters. Ralph is clueless. He's up there with Kane Cornes.
The narrative would be 100% different if our name was Geelong Football Club.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back