List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

The only person who truly knows is Anzacday ’s mate
My mate only has casual very rare social contact with this person.
Not something I can really get him to chase up.
They are both one of us though, so the chat will flow if they see each other.

He’s a loser

He & his media mates would be much happier if we just sat on our hands during the trade period, lost Richards, didn't get Perryman, didn't go after Houston, maybe give Nobes away & went to the draft with our 36, 51, 54 picks.

Now that would be what I'd call really being reckless & falling off the cliff 🤣

I noticed you deleted the Kane Cornes comment from my post in your quote. :sneaky:
Nothing sinister, was just to highlight the bit I wanted to comment on.
You’re right though they both use us for clicks.

He & his media mates would be much happier if we just sat on our hands during the trade period, lost Richards, didn't get Perryman, didn't go after Houston, maybe give Nobes away & went to the draft with our 36, 51, 54 picks.

Fairly sure any commentators (can't call em journos) are happy for us to be active. Drives engagement. Negative comment even more so.

It's nuts, apparently the safe option when you need to replace old blokes soon is to cross your fingers and take a couple of 2nd round picks to the draft.

If Houston wants to go Carlton, they have said that they’ll trade their F1 for GC13. Maybe GC may think that Carlton will finish lower than pies next year. It makes perfect sense if youre GC.
That’s not what they’ve said at all, that’s just a Ralphy fantasy.
The only thing GC have said is that they’ll deal with Collingwood first on 13 because they want Noble.

As for the last sentence? If by perfect sense you mean they like to gamble, then you’re spot on I guess.

I don’t believe a word they are saying. The only thing the suns care about is the best value for pick 13. They don’t care who Houston nominates 😂
If they do care where Houston gets traded, it's good news as it could only be Lukosius related and a 3 way deal with us Port and them.

Fairly sure any commentators (can't call em journos) are happy for us to be active. Drives engagement. Negative comment even more so.
They'd then just be spending their time saying how we aren't doing anything..whilst having such an old list with no ready made replacements & only late picks in the draft.

That sounds pretty dire & negative.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s a loser

Gee that’s a crazy ass way of simply saying “Collingwood have five players older than Carlton’s oldest”

And can anybody explain what “positive ranking on AFL relative rankings” means?

Last edited:
Gee that’s a crazy ass way of simply saying “Collingwood have five players older than Carlton’s oldest”

And can anybody explain what “positive ranking on AFL relative rankings means”?

Thank you for translating that - was making my head hurt tbh lol X Definitely needs an edit button - go back and try again Ralphy.

Yup. Dealing separately with Carlton for pick 13, us for noble, and port for Luko just seems stupid
Sydney have supposedly offered 19 and 21 for 13 - I think they'd shop for a suitors for those picks and that it will trump the Blues bid anyway.

And can anybody explain what “positive ranking on AFL relative rankings means”?
Unfortunately for Carlton, one of their oldest is Cripps and they are going to be a hell of a lot worse off than us when they lose him. He is Carlton

Did anyone tell Ralph flags aren’t won with birth certificates?

It anyone is experienced to talk about it is us.
We won a flag with the youngest team in history and a flag with the oldest.
We have done it on both sides of the coin and realised there are no guarantees.

Wait 2-3 years when his beloved Tigers are delisting the bulk of their draft additions that haven’t “kicked on”
Let’s see what he says then

Needs to be a bit of posturing. Collingwood give Gold Coast Noble, F1 and 36 and get back from Gold Coast: 13, 23 and 29. Pick 13, 23 or 29 and Richards . Does that leave us enough for McGuane next year? Hopefully we can get a future 2nd or third back somewhere along the lines.
At the moment it's been reported we offered Noble + F1 for pick 13, 23, 29 which is looking like a best case scenario.

It probably ends up being Noble + F1 for pick 13, 23

Maybe if we give Suns pick 36 as well we can get the full allotment 13, 23, 29

Suns will be left with picks 36, 41, 50 which = 1187 points

Lombard will get a bid around 10-12 which is 1250 - 1350 points

Best case scenario Suns take pick 36 give us pick 29 and find points elsewhere and we take 29, 52, 55 to the draft

Edit: I would take Will Graham he looks like a gun, Suns can't hoard endless mids.

Last edited:
GCS have stated that they want a rebounding defender that's ready to rock'n'roll , so it depends how they value JFN vs a speculative draft pick. I think the answer is obvious and we don't let Noble go unless we're sure our replacement is locked away. It's our deal to get done and I think with good will at both ends it'll happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back