List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

It should start on the Monday and end the next day

If these guys can’t make a bunch of phone calls in 14 hours worth of time there’s something seriously wrong
3 days should the Least

Apparently, I've been doing business deals incorrectly.

Next one, Im walking into the deal and Im just going to bend over - thats how its done Im told.

What happens after the bending over, Im a bit confused about though

I've become too scared to shop at Woolies or anywhere else in case I get bent over.

I'm get bloody hungry.

I think atm it’s we want 13 and 23 for our F1 and noble. They are offering only 13.

I’m sure middle ground can be reached
Perhaps as another poster suggested, it could also be involving a negotiation around what Port pay for Lukosious.

Ie currently we're hoping to get 13 and 23 to pass to Port along with Richards for Houston. Instead it could be Port accepting 13 and Richards for Houston if they only have to pay a F2 for Luko instead of a F1. GC get our F1 and Port's F2 for points (which is all they're after) but keep 23 this year.

End result is still the same for us where we give up F1, Noble, Richards for Houston.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The arguing over Rioli’s worth impacts our negotiations
PS: I spoke with my mate this morning and asked if the other bloke was confident about Houston
He said “very”. 🤷‍♂️

Is this the one who has a contact high up the chain? If so thats good enough for me.

Cal Twomey just said he expects the 3 way trade between GC, Port and Pies to get done.

North and Blues haven’t given up hope though.

If all 3 clubs are in on a conference call, then surely it will be done. You wouldn’t be wasting your time trying to negotiate a complex deal like this without coming to an agreement.

The longer it goes, the more it benefits us, especially as time drags on into next week. Would be hard to start negotiations again anew with another club (aka Carlton) with a short deadline approaching and having to do all the other trades with Noble, Richards on the side.

Our midfield is A-grade in the short term with Naicos, Pendles, Sidebottom, Crisp and JDG and Mitchell to come back in from injury riddled years. Perryman as that big bodied defensive midfielder also bolsters that. Long term we will have Naicos, Allan and Mcguane coming in to build around.
Id correct that...our midfield was A grade in 22/23..there are question marks of 5 of the 6 players you mention going into 2025.

Pendles (37 in 2025), Sidebottom (34) and Crisp (32) all had patchy years. Some good games, some bad ones. Thats what happens as you age, the relentless consistency that players show at their peak disappears. All 3 showed signs of deterioration. Sure injuries didnt help Pendles, but thats what happens when you play into your late 30s, you accumulate injuries. They just aren't reliable week in, week out A graders anymore.

JDG (a mere strip of a lad at 29) copped two pretty bad injuries. His game is based on power and explosiveness. Groin issues are chronic and insidious injuries, that can really linger and cause players to lose their zip - look at late Luke Ball vs early Luke Ball who was actually quite fast when he started. Serious hammy issues can also rob you of pace. Look how long it took Treloar to recover his zip after that double hammy injury of 2018. So will JDG be back to his best in 2025? Who knows?

Mitchell (32) has also had a chronic and insidious injury - plantar fascitis. Will he return to his best?

As for the long term - Ed allan has only played 2 games, McGuane is still in the U18s. Given the age of Dad's army listed above we are going to need a lot more coming through than just these two kids...

Id correct that...our midfield was A grade in 22/23..there are question marks of 5 of the 6 players you mention going into 2025.

Pendles (37 in 2025), Sidebottom (34) and Crisp (32) all had patchy years. Some good games, some bad ones. Thats what happens as you age, the relentless consistency that players show at their peak disappears. All 3 showed signs of deterioration. Sure injuries didnt help Pendles, but thats what happens when you play into your late 30s, you accumulate injuries. They just aren't reliable week in, week out A graders anymore.

JDG (a mere strip of a lad at 29) copped two pretty bad injuries. His game is based on power and explosiveness. Groin issues are chronic and insidious injuries, that can really linger and cause players to lose their zip - look at late Luke Ball vs early Luke Ball who was actually quite fast when he started. Serious hammy issues can also rob you of pace. Look how long it took Treloar to recover his zip after that double hammy injury of 2018. So will JDG be back to his best in 2025? Who knows?

Mitchell (32) has also had a chronic and insidious injury - plantar fascitis. Will he return to his best?

As for the long term - Ed allan has only played 2 games, McGuane is still in the U18s. Given the age of Dad's army listed above we are going to need a lot more coming through than just these two kids...
And next year we'll have plenty of $ to target an A grade midfielder.

He’s out of contract. And in limbo. He might get picked up as a DFA if we delist him, but it’s not the clubs fault he’s not up to it atm. I would prefer we give him one more season.

Averaged 1.4 goals a game in less than 50%tog average (guesstimate). He’s doing something right for a guy who is apparently not up to it.

The issue is they know we want Houston so it’s tough to just play the “we won’t trade noble” card
everyone wants something, the way this falls over is if one or more clubs want to “win” the trade. I’d like to think they’ll all be professional and come to some agreement that’s fair to all parties.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back