List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

You have to offset that with what it would cost us

- Promising young small forward in a team that isn’t doing too badly for small forwards (hopefully Elliott stays healthy until Harrison gets back)

- Established player at the fringe of best 23. Noble was playing some decent footy at the end of this year.

- Future first.

- Whatever else we have to give up.
A fringe hb flanker who can’t hit a barn door by foot, Richard’s who in a single trade would net us ports 37, and a future first in a draft full of academy picks.

For a dual AA for the next 6 years whilst we are in a window. Watch Zorko and the lions win the flag? transition from defence and cutting up teams zones is prob the most important role in footy atm. One we struggled with

Sign me up. McRae and Leppa are clearly keen. 8 flags between them. I’d probably back their judgement.

The only issue I see is whether Checkers pectoral can take the torpedoes being launched at him by Houston

Last edited:
A fringe hb flanker, Richard’s who in a single trade would net us ports 37, and a future first in a draft full of academy picks.

For a dual AA for the next 6 years whilst we are in a window.

Sign me up. Macrae and Leppa are clearly keen. 8 flags between them. I’d probably back their judgement
Spot on

- Promising young small forward in a team that isn’t doing too badly for small forwards (hopefully Elliott stays healthy until Harrison gets back)

- Established player at the fringe of best 23. Noble was playing some decent footy at the end of this year.

- Future first.

It's all good.... small forwards something Hine can find....

- Future first.

Whilst true and I like both. Perry man is an established long term dependable player, and covers Noble easily. Richards had a decent year, but was dropped multiple times and is no sure thing. 12 months ago most would have put their last dollar on him being delisted. Our team looks a whole lot better with Perryman and Houston in it than it would with those 2. So the future first potentially hurts, although Mcguane makes that less risky.

- Future first.

The thing is Noble & Richards requested a trade. Nobes was contracted. And we offered Richards similar to what Port offered.

So that was the hand we were dealt.

If we can replace Johnny with Houston, that's a big win.

And numerous clubs were after Perryman. And we got him.

Was thinking to myself, if Houston was going to the blueballs we’d usually have one of their ITK posters jumping in here.
There’s a certain poster of theirs who some seem to have trusted in the past.
So I did some searching and he’s been on the Port board today…..
View attachment 2136273

Port fans are complaining why they aren't dealing with North instead of Collingwood.

The same poster as above shot them down saying that North offered the best compensation and the best dollars to Houston, however Houston himself said no!

Hypothetically.....assuming the deals go as mooted.

if you took a 3 year window of trading.....23/24/25, we:

• Will have traded 2 firsts.
  • will use 2 firsts ('23,'25 based on what we know as of now regarding F/S).
  • bring in 2 best 23 players in their prime who you'd expect give 5+ years.
  • moved 2 fringe (nobes has played good footy, but Dan would make him fringe) out of similar age profile.

That is some solid list management right there in my book.

Edit: i'm only referring to trades and not F/A....

A fringe hb flanker who can’t hit a barn door by foot, Richard’s who in a single trade would net us ports 37, and a future first in a draft full of academy picks.

For a dual AA for the next 6 years whilst we are in a window. Watch Zorko and the lions win the flag? transition from defence and cutting up teams zones is prob the most important role in footy atm. One we struggled with

Sign me up. McRae and Leppa are clearly keen. 8 flags between them. I’d probably back their judgement.

The only issue I see is whether Checkers pectoral can take the torpedoes being launched at him by Houston
Plus Schultz after the Houston trade goes though...
images (10).jpeg

All good points. But if you look at the league leaderboard for goal average, you'll see Sam Day at 13, who played 5 games at similar game time to Reef. Day has been delisted despite averaging 2.0 goals per game. I'm just not sure goals per game average is a good metric for players that only play a handful of games in a season
I mean, there’s also the fact that Sam Day is 32 and has an injury history that makes Nathan Kreuger look like he’s made of steel that might have played in to GC’s thinking on that one…

Molly, I remember reef had a purple patch in the VFL during the end of 23, where he was marking and kicking goals from everything. It was great viewing. I thought he was going to have a break out season in 24, It just didn’t eventuate. He was very poor in the vfl, or atleast poor compared to what he needed to produce. We all hope he comes on, but there’s only so much time one can get. Gut feel says he gets one more. Will see

Not disagreeing with the thrust of your point, just highlighting that it’s not as dire as some project. I like the kid, just can’t work out what he needs to make it at the next level. Gut feel is it’s still a tank and a between the ears issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whilst true and I like both. Perry man is an established long term dependable player, and covers Noble easily. Richards had a decent year, but was dropped multiple times and is no sure thing. 12 months ago most would have put their last dollar on him being delisted. Our team looks a whole lot better with Perryman and Houston in it than it would with those 2. So the future first potentially hurts, although Mcguane makes that less risky.
The thing is Noble & Richards requested a trade. Nobes was contracted. And we offered Richards similar to what Port offered.

So that was the hand we were dealt.

If we can replace Johnny with Houston, that's a big win.

And numerous clubs were after Perryman. And we got him.

I was just pointing out that when assessing the value of something we need to consider what we paid for it.

“Hey Darling, look at this beautiful new Ferrari I just bought us, aren’t you excited?”

I was just pointing out that when assessing the value of something we need to consider what we paid for it.

“Hey Darling, look at this beautiful new Ferrari I just bought us, aren’t you excited?”
"Yes darling, it is beautiful. I can't wait to show it off for the next 6 years, the neighbours are going to be so fkng jealous"

Just don’t tell anyone that Houston is worth way more than Rioli 😃
He is. But not our problem that GC want to pay way way way overs for him.

I also can't believe Richmond haven't snapped it up and are asking for more in addition.

Had a look on the blues board and don’t know why they were chasing him, apparently he’s already slow and can’t defend and in two years will be shit and even slower. 😂😂
Are these the same nimrods who after the St Kilda loss in the last round were all claiming they didn't deserve to make finals as they weren't good enough, then a few hours later after Freos loss were onboard the train again saying they were going to win the whole thing?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back