List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure how’s it’s misleading. One of Reef’s games was 10%tog. Just crunched the numbers and it was 1.44 goals in an average of 54.3%tog (more than I thought it’d be). Kreuger was 1.17 goals and averaged 62.7 in 6 games but he did spend time in the ruck. To put the McInnes return into context, only McStay and Mihocek averaged more goals per game than McInnes who is ranked =49th in the league, = with Dylan Moore who averaged nearly 87%tog.
Molly, I remember reef had a purple patch in the VFL during the end of 23, where he was marking and kicking goals from everything. It was great viewing. I thought he was going to have a break out season in 24, It just didn’t eventuate. He was very poor in the vfl, or atleast poor compared to what he needed to produce. We all hope he comes on, but there’s only so much time one can get. Gut feel says he gets one more. Will see

Last edited:
How about this:

Port Give: Houston, and their Future 1st.
Port Get: Pick 13, Richards and Lukosius and Pick 36

Suns Give: Pick 13, Pick 23 and Lukosius
Suns Get: Noble, Pies Future 1st and Port's Future 1st

Pies Give: Noble, Richards, Pick 36 and our Future 1st
Pies Get: Houston and Pick 23
This sounds almost too simple.

How about this:

Port Give: Houston, and their Future 1st.
Port Get: Pick 13, Richards and Lukosius and Pick 36

Suns Give: Pick 13, Pick 23 and Lukosius
Suns Get: Noble, Pies Future 1st and Port's Future 1st

Pies Give: Noble, Richards, Pick 36 and our Future 1st
Pies Get: Houston and Pick 23

That would brilliant for us but I think you’re dudding Port a bit. Doubt they’d agree to it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Molly, I remember reef had a purple patch during the end of 23, where he was marking and kicking goals from everything. It was great viewing. I thought he was going to have a break out season in 24, It just didn’t eventuate. He was very poor in the vfl, or atleast poor compared to what he needed to produce. We all hope he comes on, but there’s only so much time one can get. Gut feel says he gets one more. Will see
That game where he got concussed was looking likely...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think originally we came into this trade period with no draft capital.

Then John Noble and Richards happened and we suddenly had a couple of pieces that interested both GC/Port.

That's fair but I'm still scarred by missing out on the likes of Lynch and Cameron (who were both Collingwood supporters as kids were they not?).

I still stick by the notion however we've been kissed on the d*ck with some extraordinary good fortune on multiple fronts.

Most years a pick starting outside the top 10 wouldn't get you within striking distance of a dual AA, while what's the odds the 2 players in trade motion from us just happen to be wanting to get to the 2 clubs we need to deal with to land Houston.

I hope we don't stuff it up.

If I was list manager my main aims would be strengthen midfield and youthful spark. The former was the reason I felt we had really bad lulls for 3 weeks twice this season.

Maybe Jordy and Mitchell and an emerging Allan helps this but I’m not too positive yet.
Jiath could be a bolter to fill the Murphy void.

I’ll be on board if we nab Houston to replace Noble but I can’t help but think we need more than just Perryman helping that midfield. Also are we sure we don’t need a first pick next year for McGuane? Are they just making the draft points system more valuable at the top end.

One area I am positive on is our forwards if they all remain fit.

That's fair but I'm still scarred by missing out on the likes of Lynch and Cameron (who were both Collingwood supporters as kids were they not?).

I still stick by the notion however we've been kissed on the d*ck with some extraordinary good fortune on multiple fronts.

Most years a pick starting outside the top 10 wouldn't get you within striking distance of a dual AA, while what's the odds the 2 players in trade motion from us just happen to be wanting to get to the 2 clubs we need to deal with to land Houston.

I hope we don't stuff it up.
Just don’t tell anyone that Houston is worth way more than Rioli 😃

Not sure how’s it’s misleading. One of Reef’s games was 10%tog. Just crunched the numbers and it was 1.44 goals in an average of 54.3%tog (more than I thought it’d be). Kreuger was 1.17 goals and averaged 62.7 in 6 games but he did spend time in the ruck. To put the McInnes return into context, only McStay and Mihocek at Collingwood averaged more goals per game than McInnes who is ranked =49th in the league, = with Dylan Moore who averaged nearly 87%tog.
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/reef-mcinnes.1249200/post-84628813

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/reef-mcinnes.1249200/post-84584205

If I was list manager my main aims would be strengthen midfield and youthful spark. The former was the reason I felt we had really bad lulls for 3 weeks twice this season.

Maybe Jordy and Mitchell and an emerging Allan helps this but I’m not too positive yet.
Jiath could be a bolter to fill the Murphy void.

I’ll be on board if we nab Houston to replace Noble but I can’t help but think we need more than just Perryman helping that midfield. Also are we sure we don’t need a first pick next year for McGuane? Are they just making the draft points system more valuable at the top end.

One area I am positive on is our forwards if they all remain fit.
I’m bullish on Allan. Perryman looks good to me. Pretty sure Next year you can trade 2 years in advance, we won’t have issues getting Mcguane if he is a first round as projected.

Add to this there’s LDU and Richard’s as potential FA we can chase

If we can land Huston and keep 23 for the draft for Noble F1 and Richards then even I would do that. Apparently the age is reporting that is the deal we are going for
If we get Houston, Perryman, and Tomlinson, and get to the draft with 23, that is a stunningly good trade period for us.

Not sure how’s it’s misleading. One of Reef’s games was 10%tog. Just crunched the numbers and it was 1.44 goals in an average of 54.3%tog (more than I thought it’d be). Kreuger was 1.17 goals and averaged 62.7 in 6 games but he did spend time in the ruck. To put the McInnes return into context, only McStay and Mihocek at Collingwood averaged more goals per game than McInnes who is ranked =49th in the league, = with Dylan Moore who averaged nearly 87%tog.
All good points. But if you look at the league leaderboard for goal average, you'll see Sam Day at 13, who played 5 games at similar game time to Reef. Day has been delisted despite averaging 2.0 goals per game. I'm just not sure goals per game average is a good metric for players that only play a handful of games in a season

That game where he got concussed was looking likely...

Yep, against the crows. Looked like it was going to be his break out game, then dropped a simple mark, went to make amends, then concussed himself in the process.
Prefer him up forward with stints in the midfield than playing him back.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back