List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Not necessarily.
They could just use their F1 for Luko and throw us Pick 39 for Richards.
GC could also just throw us 23 for Noble and trade 13 to Carlton for their F1 and F2,
We will then have to think how to trade 23 and F1 to get into this years draft.

I hope we get Houston but there is still a bit to play out yet.
You could unpick all the deals that way, but with the three clubs on the same page to a degree it won’t get to that. It’s in the interests of all three clubs to get it done because we’re all dealing contracted players.

FWIW I think the one that could get filtered out of the main deal is Richards because he’s uncontracted and then the three contracted players get dealt by balancing with picks. As it stands suggesting the only deal that falls over is Houston seems like hyperbole to me given what we know.

In all honesty, Houston may be most likely to be forced to stay. Eagles would be fine with Barass going and Richmond are doing their fire sale as both clubs are rebuilding.

Port are not rebuilding and I think Houston would not have massive issues staying.

However, saying all that, I want Houston so much at pies.
Houston wants to get back to Vic for genuine family reasons apparently (hence the request to be traded to Vic and not to a specific club) and I think Port will do their best to honour that. As long as we put our best foot forward in making a deal I think that they’ll let him go.

You could unpick all the deals that way, but with the three clubs on the same page to a degree it won’t get to that. It’s in the interests of all three clubs to get it done because we’re all dealing contracted players.

FWIW I think the one that could get filtered out of the main deal is Richards because he’s uncontracted and then the three contracted players get dealt by balancing with picks. As it stands suggesting the only deal that falls over is Houston seems like hyperbole to me given what we know.
I think including Lukosius will be tough. Report last night said he's owed $2.5million over 2 years and they want a future first for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it’s becoming abit of a joke now

F..k trade radio and F..k cornes

Listening to these knobs talk about bulldogs and there salary cap won’t be affected trying to sign bont

But ours is busting at the seams

Turn it up
Yeah a few inconsistencies
All our players will retire yet at same time we wont have salary cap space
All our players suck and have no trade value but somehow our future first also has no value

Not necessarily.
They could just use their F1 for Luko and throw us Pick 39 for Richards.
GC could also just throw us 23 for Noble and trade 13 to Carlton for their F1 and F2,
We will then have to think how to trade 23 and F1 to get into this years draft.

I hope we get Houston but there is still a bit to play out yet.
Port cannot trade their F1 without approval from the AFL.
They haven't used enough firsts over the past period.
They should get it due to trading in JHF....but still who knows when its the AFL!

They also want to be in this draft, so keeping 39 and getting a first round pick this year is actually what they're after. So they would want some sort of capital for the first round this year.

Its why GC are happy to send 13 ultimately to them (via who doesn't matter) because that frees up Port to use F1 on luko, removes "AFL uncertainty" in port trading the F1 and gives Port what they actually want (besides keeping Houston!)

So its a bit more convoluted than just isolating each trade.

Cornes taking his frustrations out on Darcy Moore now on SEN calling him out for the season he had. :s

that is the only thing that clouds it , but if there is no bad blood there then It would not surprise me. They took Poulter and have got value , they know his brother and he is an honest toiler who they might think still has upside.
A move to the Dogs for less opportunity.

Houston wants to get back to Vic for genuine family reasons apparently (hence the request to be traded to Vic and not to a specific club) and I think Port will do their best to honour that. As long as we put our best foot forward in making a deal I think that they’ll let him go.
Think Houston still has a week to serve on his suspension - Leppa needs to factor this in, get a discount and sign it all off

Yep, totally agree.

If we put ourselves in port's shoes, we wouldn't want to let a dual all Australian go for unders either.

God, listening to SEN and Trade Radio when it comes to us is just becoming comical

The absolute salt seeping from their pores is on another level

"Why is Dan Houston ruining our narrative that Collingwood suck waaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh"
I don’t IF I can

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back