List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

but 23 would be part for Lord and part for Houston (as Port don't see 13 and Richards as adequate).....
You could look at it that way, but I’m not there yet with Lord. I think there’s every chance he’s out of the system next year. Adding a player like that confuses things similarly to Lukocious.

The article did make it make more sense how we could be considering pick 13 and Richards as in the ball park for Houston.. If it's as deep a draft as people say and Sydney are willing to pay 19 and 22 for 13, it's the equivalent of 2 normal first round picks and Richards for Houston.
I find this very hard to believe. The pick will drop a couple of spots as well right? I don't think there's a draft in history where a late first round pick is the equivalent of two firsts in a "normal" draft. Having two bites at a pot luck is far better than one, the one would have to be incredible to overcome that.

If it were true, we wouldn't be able to get pick 13 from the Suns.

He’s best game at AFL level was better than Ash Johnson’s and far better than Anything Krueger or Reef have produced and I don’t think his worst are as bad as Ash’.

But I also don’t think he’s gonna play a game close to his best every again.
I would dispute that. Weideman is an absolute spud of the highest order, he’s a terrible footballer.

I dunno, I just read the Twomey article and there's a lot of very specific info.

This whole current standoff with all the moving pieces is quite fascinating.
Twomey doesn’t guess. His form of journalism, otherwise known as credibility, doesn’t get the traction on here that the shock jock Corn or Edmund get which is why it doesn’t get discussed as often.

My feel is the cake is there and it’s the icing that’s currently being worked on. Richmond are the ones I’m looking at with fascination because if their’s aren’t advanced they’re getting short on time.

I don’t think we are that far away from the suns. And it’s Collingwood that needs to find a sweetener. Not them. To put it frankly Noble is not worth pick 23 which is the net of the trade being offered. We need to ask for a lower pick or offer a pick back in exchange.

Reckon once we find a better trade price for Noble, the Houston domino will easily fall.

The lukocious trade doesn’t need to involve Collingwood.
23 will blow out with bids before that pick.
So it’s more like a late 20s pick really.

The Lukosius trade doesn’t but the Suns want Noble

And on that basis alone it’s incumbent on them to get their man.
Not for us to just release him

I don’t think we are that far away from the suns. And it’s Collingwood that needs to find a sweetener. Not them. To put it frankly Noble is not worth pick 23 which is the net of the trade being offered. We need to ask for a lower pick or offer a pick back in exchange.

Reckon once we find a better trade price for Noble, the Houston domino will easily fall.

The lukocious trade doesn’t need to involve Collingwood.
And rioli isn't worth pick 6
You can't think of what a player is worth when it comes to picks with the suns. They don't view them the same as others do.
But they are clearly thinking they may need it to splt for points for Lombard.

Twomey doesn’t guess. His form of journalism, otherwise known as credibility, doesn’t get the traction on here that the shock jock Corn or Edmund get which is why it doesn’t get discussed as often.

My feel is the cake is there and it’s the icing that’s currently being worked on. Richmond are the ones I’m looking at with fascination because if their’s aren’t advanced they’re getting short on time.
Gut feel at this point Sco?

I find this very hard to believe. The pick will drop a couple of spots as well right? I don't think there's a draft in history where a late first round pick is the equivalent of two firsts in a "normal" draft. Having two bites at a pot luck is far better than one, the one would have to be incredible to overcome that.

If it were true, we wouldn't be able to get pick 13 from the Suns.
Picks always drop. That's become the norm. This year looks less than recent years.

Carlton not being willing to trade 12, but offering future first and second for 13 shows how they rate this draft.

Sydney's first round pick and 22, which is an end of first round pick, may very well get you two kids that would be rated very firmly in the first round in most draft years.

The only ones saying negative things are the ones hoping Collingwood can't get the deal done

Odds are the deal is already done and they're saving it for final day.

Dan will probably be at AIA on Monday to record all the content so hopefully Jen2310 can get there to catch them in the act
They won’t save it for the final day. There’s too many clubs waiting on it to drop for that. As soon as Port get that pick they’ll be getting offers for it out like GC were, and if they trade it to Sydney that opens up more potential deals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Pies are being urged to consider their net win across the free agency and trade period by handing over 13 and 23

This comment is ridiculous, so you are viewed to win on a trade or free agency pick so you should pay over what a player is worth! We got Perryman for free, but we had to pay him well above market.
Pick 23 looks like he Pick that is Holding it up

Seems to be down to Port wanting pick 23 or 29 included. The deal will come down to that. Either we cave on it or there is a compromise, maybe we add in the Hawthorn second rounder.

HOUSTON TRADE STANDSTILL​

TRADE talks on Dan Houston's future will drag on through the weekend as clubs search for more chips to get a deal done, with Collingwood's six-year offer putting the Pies in a strong position.

But any three-club trade involving Port Adelaide, Gold Coast and Collingwood and including Jack Lukosius, John Noble, Joe Richards and Houston remains some way off as North Melbourne continues to hover with its future first-round draft pick on the table as part of its pitch for Houston, and Carlton doesn't give up the chase.

Collingwood is keen on Houston, with its contract offer extending the dual All-Australian by two more years than his current remaining four seasons to the end of 2030, but the Pies need the Suns' No.13 pick to on-trade to the Power as part of a package if they are to land the gun half-back.

As revealed by AFL.com.au on Sunday, the Pies were keen on trading Noble and their future first-round pick for the Suns' picks 13 and 23, although the Suns have not wanted to include No.23 in the deal.

It has left things at a stalemate, with a host of clubs chasing the Suns for the selection. Gold Coast has looked to deal with Collingwood for the pick given its interest in luring Noble, who is contracted for two more years, to the club.

The Pies have been considering how to retain a selection in this year's draft while also recruiting Houston, while the Power have prioritised getting into this year's draft if they are to let Houston return home to Melbourne.

Clubs could also explore separating the trades for players and picks if things don't progress over coming days.

Carlton has strongly hunted the Suns' pick 13 by offering their future first and second-round picks, but given that would take a strong hand of picks to get done, wouldn't be left with much else to add to a Houston deal beyond the early pick. Gold Coast's decision has remained crucial to the pursuit for the Port playmaker.

It won’t be done until final day as both sides won’t Budge before that

23 will blow out with bids before that pick.
So it’s more like a late 20s pick really.

The Lukosius trade doesn’t but the Suns want Noble

And on that basis alone it’s incumbent on them to get their man.
Not for us to just release him
Bids are pretty well irrelevant though as academy players aren’t really in the pool ( unless clubs decline to match which rarely happens in the first few rounds)

Pick 23 for non academy players is still pick 23.

I’m happy to be proven wrong and see the suns fold. Suspect Collingwood will be the club throwing a bit extra on the table though. If I’m wrong we did well. If I’m right, we also did well, just slightly less.

As much as Suns want Noble, Collingwood want Houston ( and therefore 13) a lot more.

One says it will happen tomorrow, the other says into next week…

To be fair I think we all knew it was a next week trade. Too big of a name to get done early.
No Way it will happen Tommorow sadly

They both also do those ridiculous across the body drop punts in front of leading forwards when it looks like they're going to have to go long to a contest.
Always reminded of Didak when I see that kicking motion. So smooth with such high degrees of difficulty. Not in the abominable, ugly Gryan Miers way…

Gut feel at this point Sco?
It all gets done and the hold up is around who out of Collingwood and Port gets 23. If it’s Port we get Lord and if it’s us we throw in 36. That could be wildly wrong, but it’ll get done.

It's good that we're trying to hold onto 23. People may view Noble and Richards as minor pieces, but Noble was solidly in our best 23 and I reckon Richards would likely be in 2025 as well. It's another young player leaving after their first contract, we don't want to allow that to happen without pressing for value.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back