List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

We gain Houston and Perryman; proven AFL talent and miss out on the draft speculative picks in a year where we had no draft capital.

In Schultz Houston and Perryman & McGuane
Out Ginnivan Noble Richards. & 2 x 1st Rd Draft Picks

That’s the result of the last two years turning over the team talent.

We lose future first pick for a genuine talent at the moment in maguane.

The tables have turned. Wow. Just wow.

Flagpies 2025. GO PIES !!

Correct me if I’m wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

All good 👌😉😊😅

So the Schultz haters have been squashed because we would have lost that pick in the Houston deal.
I’ll have a go!

1 terminology
Schultz-deal haters
2 other options
we could have easily “pulled a Mackie” and traded the pick for someone else / 2x later picks (and kept one of them) before we did the Houston trade
3 if you’re right…
So the Schultz trade value is validated because of a future trade?
Maybe we should overpay more as it doesn’t matter bc future trades….

Sorry to all, but I didn’t bring this trade discussion up

Remembering that Houston is out first round in 2025 (suspended), but looking forward to the line-up without his inclusion:

Into the 23 from Round 24- 2024 are the following:

McStay, Mihocek, Mitchell, De Goey, Frampton, Perryman and Elliott.

They will be joined in the second match of 2025 by Houston...

This was a brilliant trade period- we are a team that finished 9th by percentage with a huge injury list...

We have 'lost' our GM Football, President and Assistant Coach and Noble and Richards

We have re-employed Matthew Boyd, will have a new General Manager and a new President and two starting 18 players: Perryman and Houston

I would favour getting two of : Tomlinson, Hayes and Membrey as DFAs.

Members would give us a third mobile tall forward all of whom work hard up the ground and back...

As my Uncle Sven would say..."Great excite..."

So far we will gain in 2025 :

Houston
Perryman
Degoey
Mitchell
McStay
Mihocek

And Cox missed 10 weeks and is crucial to our structure.

And we are likely to gain Tomlinson and Hayes as FA, and maybe being in Robertson/Membrey.

We lose :

Noble
Richards

and likely some of the unsigned players.

We will never die wondering, and no matter which way you look at it, Fly wants us to be better, and we are now much better.

Next year is a free Agent dream with plenty available, and given you can also trade two years in advance instead of 1, next years trade period will be much more active than this one.

To late, Port will pull out.
The Pies have not secured Gold Coast’s no. 13 and 23 picks but are saying, if they do.
They are not prepared to hand over 13 and 23 to Port, believing Sydney would then trade its picks 19 and 22 for the cherished No. 13 pick.

What arrogance, the Pies are only prepared to only hand over pick 13 and departing small forward Joe Richards, believing the Port Adelaide request is over the top even. There is no way Port would accept pick 13 for Dan where the Pies have just blown up all their good will hunting for this trade.

Where the Port team will tell Dan he owes it to Port to facilitate the best trade for Port.
Otherwise, he will be living in Adelaide next year or three.
At least Dan can visit Adelaide to remind him of the shithole he left.

Agreed, mcstay can crash packs for our small forwards although I think Krueger if fit is capable or bursting through contests and bring the ball to ground, Sam day could possibly do that too for a season. I was more thinking the gain we’d be getting down back for Darcy and others would outweigh the other side of it but who knows.
Jesus i cannot believe there's still some people who think krueger is a player 💀 he's bad.. like local park footballer bad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correction. Owies, 12, future first + future second round pick for pick 3. They gave up a lot for 14 before they traded it for 3!

Mitch said GWS players which he is not
Unless they were dressed as N*zis or other highly offensive borderline banned characters, then AFL is just becoming too soft.
Nudity or Lewd costumes that police would classify as a misdemeanour I can also understand warranting suspensions, but any others is just pandering to the woke and easily offended

Feels like every year it’s the same story for Norf.
Lurking in the background, definitely gonna land that big fish when his first choice falls through:

Tim And Eric Flirting GIF

Then the deal inevitably gets done to the players preferred destination
Sad Friends Tv GIF

One day they’ll land their big fish.

I would trade Jackob Ryan plus picks if it means it allows us to get back into the middle of the second round and gives us a shot to draft a KPD.

I am a Ryan fan but now getting Houston it sounds more Possible

What odds will you give me on that?
I’ll give you 100/1! Chuck a gorilla on it I dare ya.

(Disclaimer: these odds assume that Collingwood boycotts round 0)

Really hoping we get Hayes now

Membrey would be ok as a fall back but I reckon Hayes could be a huge asset with a clean run at it
Id lean towards Membrey over Hayes purely as he’s much more durable and proven.

The man has kicked 30-40 goals a year since he’s been at the Saints which is a good return potentially for a player we get for free, extra goalkicking power won’t hurt

Remembering that Houston is out first round in 2025 (suspended), but looking forward to the line-up without his inclusion:

Into the 23 from Round 24- 2024 are the following:

McStay, Mihocek, Mitchell, De Goey, Frampton, Perryman and Elliott.

They will be joined in the second match of 2025 by Houston...

This was a brilliant trade period- we are a team that finished 9th by percentage with a huge injury list...

We have 'lost' our GM Football, President and Assistant Coach and Noble and Richards

We have re-employed Matthew Boyd, will have a new General Manager and a new President and two starting 18 players: Perryman and Houston

I would favour getting two of : Tomlinson, Hayes and Membrey as DFAs.

Members would give us a third mobile tall forward all of whom work hard up the ground and back...

As my Uncle Sven would say..."Great excite..."
Frampton has served his purpose. Absolutely cannot be best 23 next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back