Remove this Banner Ad

So far we will gain in 2025 :

Houston
Perryman
Degoey
Mitchell
McStay
Mihocek

And Cox missed 10 weeks and is crucial to our structure.

And we are likely to gain Tomlinson and Hayes as FA, and maybe being in Robertson/Membrey.

We lose :

Noble
Richards

and likely some of the unsigned players.

We will never die wondering, and no matter which way you look at it, Fly wants us to be better, and we are now much better.

Next year is a free Agent dream with plenty available, and given you can also trade two years in advance instead of 1, next years trade period will be much more active than this one.
So round one teams will be ( blissfully ignoring Houston’s unavailability)

In
Houston
Perryman
DeGoey
Mitchell
Mcstay
Mihocek

Out
Parker
Allan
Noble
Dean
Macrae
Richards

The real winner out of all this is CSM! What an absolute ****ing flex over the Port board to have it go through with pick 50 tacked on. The clear message is don’t mess with agents.
Interesting insight (i assume CSM is something to do with player managers?). The one thing I kept thinking during the on and off again saga, would port really screw around with 5 players in an almost flippant manner.

So now that is done, after becoming all Australian last year, Houston asked to renegotiate his contract, he is on $600 a year. Power said no.

Then recruited Esava at $750, you can imagine how this went down with CSM and the Houston camp. So earlier this year they asked again, and were rejected again. So they did the deal to go to Melbourne, except Melbourne imploded.

Given Tracs manager is the same as Houstons, he bailed on the deal, having knowledge of what is going on at Melbourne. And then asked to be traded to Carlton or us, whoever could do the deal, which is why he didn't nominate. Carlton don't have the cap space, they need to sign TDK next year as everyone is after him as a free agent.

Now we have him for 6 years, and can front end him to make up what he feels he is worth, which is much more than what he was on at Port.

So they had their chance, twice, and didn't take it, and he is going to be our best acquisition in many years.

Unrelated to that, Butters is gettable next year, club/s are already into him, I am sure you can guess which club that might be, and I think he will leave, which should send Port supporters into total meltdown again.
Is it us?

Id lean towards Membrey over Hayes purely as he’s much more durable and proven.

The man has kicked 30-40 goals a year since he’s been at the Saints which is a good return potentially for a player we get for free, extra goalkicking power won’t hurt
And kicking goals for St Kilda isn't easy!

Not at the moment, no.
We'll need to acquire a few picks in the 20's and 30's before next year off season. The ability to trade 2 years ahead will help
Hey Jen, if you don't have enough points, can you go choose to go negative and pay with next years draft? I expect if you can do this it would come from the first round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The real winner out of all this is CSM! What an absolute ****ing flex over the Port board to have it go through with pick 50 tacked on. The clear message is don’t mess with agents.

It is a concern - primarily because our game isn’t big enough to have a lower player:agent ratio. But this deal likely would have been done regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Such a bad deal

Adam Sandler Reaction GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back