List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Some of these mature agers have said they weren’t ready as teenagers but as they mature they take the next step.
Not everyone is a Nick Daicos. Patience is required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Even Dane Swan struggled in his first couple of years. Then became a champion and a Pies legend. Heath Shaw also took a couple of years to establish himself

He was a bargain depth pick up when the Dees got him, there’s no way anyone is going to waste a list spot on him if he couldn’t even get a gig in Melbournes forward line.
Once you're a DFA you remain that for all future contracts. Maybe the writer is getting that rule confused with being a bargain depth pick up - Schache will still be that when he's 38. Being a DFA and a bargain depth pick up are closely related so the confusion is understandable.

Membrey has always given me Jesse White vibes
If White had the 30-40 goal output Membrey has consistently had at the saints he would have been a fine player. Weird comparison really.

Yeah, though tbf, given hawks cleaned out most of their older players and are a young team, Weddle has gotten more opportunity. He may have ended up in the same boat as ryan if on our list. Working through the vfl waiting for opportunity.
I find that unlikely. Parker imo has proven that if you’re good enough you’ll get games, regardless of age or experience. I’d wager that Weddle would be in the 22 at Collingwood by now if we’d drafted him.

God forbid we ask for slight overs on a contracted best 22 player. It’s cool for Richmond to ask for 6 and 20 for Rioli though, who isn’t even worth pick 6 by itself 🙄
Noble and Rioli are virtually identical in the analysis of their numbers and play the same role. No way Rioli is worth 6 and 20 and Noble considered overs at 20. Both worth around a pick 20 imo

Noble and Rioli are virtually identical in the analysis of their numbers and play the same role. No way Rioli is worth 6 and 20 and Noble considered overs at 20. Both worth around a pick 20 imo
If you look at this years numbers Rioli has the edge, and I’m fine with that, but he’s still barely worth GC’s pick 13. I certainly wouldn’t want to be giving up a top 10 pick, let alone a top 10 and an early second in what’s looking like an incredibly strong and deep draft for a player like Rioli.

I'd be happy for us to do stuff all and just hit the draft with whatever we get for Noble - I'd also be looking to trade our future first into this draft if we can. Hoping Richards stays.
Yes, one thousand times, yes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well said. From his list, the bolded will have better seasons if they can avoid serious injury - as will JDG and most likely Moore. The others should be pretty similar to this year. Sidey might be better as late in the season he found a role that seemed ideal for this stage of his Career. Pendles struggled with his arm for the second half of the season - might have a better year next year.

Of the list:
Crisp
Mihocek
WHE
Elliott
Pendles
Sidey
Howe
Mitchell
Pendles finished 4th on Didaka but I suppose can get back to top 3 next year where he belongs 🤣

The bloke on Twitter ‘Sam Faff’ - he gets good mail. Saying 2MP to Pies.

I’m pretty much on board with any recruit at this stage. Win now mode.
Warwick Capper was hanging around the social club bar during our last home game. Maybe we could coax him out of retirement.

If you look at this years numbers Rioli has the edge, and I’m fine with that, but he’s still barely worth GC’s pick 13. I certainly wouldn’t want to be giving up a top 10 pick, let alone a top 10 and an early second in what’s looking like an incredibly strong and deep draft for a player like Rioli.
Suns will trade 6 for Rioli because Dimma wants him and he is contracted.
Agree that he is worth a late 1st at best.
If I'm the Pies, I'm asking for pick 20 for Noble and not budging, 20 or we hold him to his contract.

Last edited:
Suns will trade 6 for Rioli because Dimma wants him and he is contracted.
Agree that he is worth a late 1st at best.
If I'm the Pies, I'm asking for pick 20 for Noble and not budging.
This.
JFN stays unless we get a decent deal.

Yeah, though tbf, given hawks cleaned out most of their older players and are a young team, Weddle has gotten more opportunity. He may have ended up in the same boat as ryan if on our list. Working through the vfl waiting for opportunity.
Have you watched Weddle play? There’s no way he’d be in the same boat as Ryan if he were on our list there’s every chance he’d be a premiership player because he’d bullied WHE out of the best 23.

Not for the next couple of years when we're theoretically still in the window he isn't. We're not talking throwing a 5 year deal at him or anything.
Yeah but more 30 year olds I'm not sure is the answer given we have enough of them as it is

The bloke on Twitter ‘Sam Faff’ - he gets good mail. Saying 2MP to Pies.

I’m pretty much on board with any recruit at this stage. Win now mode.
Oh is he that flog who gives his predictions in question form?

Taking that with a grain of salt.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back