List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

[emoji6][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]" data-quote="Masked Magician" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Wow, “I’m a coach that wants players not picks. I tell the list management team all the time.”

Not sure I like that attitude and philosophy from fly.

Yes, players not picks will rock a few posters here going after talls in the draft.

It’s does line up with our early season comments about not bottoming out.

If we change to a more aggressive game plan then intercepting off half back and speed will be priorities.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Wow, “I’m a coach that wants players not picks. I tell the list management team all the time.”

I ****ing love it!

Picks don’t win you premierships players do and the promise of being better in the future will never compete with the ability to contend in the immediate. Having selections at your disposal also doesn’t guarantee you the ability to access players.

There’s no doubt that when the time comes we’ll serve our time reloading through the draft, but I’m hard pressed thinking of when that might be as long as Nick Daicos plays for us!

I'd say that would be standard amongst coaches. Their job is to prep for the coming year. But you'd hope they get outvoted by the recruiters and list manager when we should be making a longer term decision.

I'd say that would be standard amongst coaches. Their job is to prep for the coming year. But you'd hope they get outvoted by the recruiters and list manager when we should be making a longer term decision.
Thats right

Coaches coach.
List managers and recruiters build your list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well for me, I prefer a year where we do both, e.g end of 2022

Keep the first round pick and draft allan, but also bring in mitchell hill Frampton and McStay
Yeah but we only used 3 draft picks that year in the ND and bought in 4 senior players, thats what I think he means. He wants to keep bringing in recruits so our list doesnt get too young and uncompetitive

Yeah but we only used 3 draft picks that year in the ND and bought in 4 senior players, thats what I think he means. He wants to keep bringing in recruits so our list doesnt get too young and uncompetitive
Yeah thats fine.
draft 3 is good amount unless you were in the bottom 4

Think we'll recruit 2, draft 3.

Well they cant offer much less. Unless they do a F2 instead? And give us a future pick for mcguane.
They'll get the battle compo but whether thats a first or 2nd round compo, not sure.
There’s no way on earth they’re offering pick 24 for a depth ruck in a strong draft, that would be mental.

I get where fly and the Collingwood senior leadership are coming from with regards to not bottoming out , but you only have to look at what brisbane have done to make it into the grand final. They had 5 acls , 5 for crying out loud. Somehow it has been their young talent that they were forced to bring in that really fuelled their resurgence. Their future looks really bright now that they have found the next generation to carry them forward.
So Collingwood should really reconsider the philosophy of trading draft picks to not bottom out . Unless of course the senior management aren't sold on the drafting department to nail the picks in the coming drafts given their recent track record.

Perryman is a player who doesn’t require picks. Old El Paso Girl stuff.

we have to do that, i believe we dont have a choice on that one its the minimum you have to take every year
Thats right.
You can do two and upgrade a rookie
But most clubs will be taking as many as they can in this draft, so min of 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back