List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Nickorules36 as Scodog10 said welcome aboard and for your input.
I thought I’d give you an early education, (based only on my observations).
When you post an opinion you receive will all kinds of feedback.
Some will be cordial and some less so and some via our post reactions.
Some will continue to argue their point and you may be drawn into circular discussions.
You will note you received a :thumbsdown: for this post from Scodog10.
My reading of that is, (guess) it’s an agree to disagree after a couple of interactions.
Which just may well be the most practical/mature way to end a back and forth, (hope it catches on).
PS: Sorry for the long post.
I know some newbies can sometimes be intimidated and some decide it’s all too hard.
Good luck and enjoy.

The talk of Hobbs makes me want to 🤢 in my mouth
Hopefully it’s only news in here

At this stage the only reporting around it has been Jay Clark basically saying he could be someone we'll chase, solely because we need a inside mid post Tom Mitchell. Especially because Macrae is very unlikely to make it.

Why do you believe we have limited cap space?
Limited draft capital and salary cap to obtain petracca sounds highly logical. In fact quite clearly no club had the trade capital, salary cap or just general interest in Petracca at the right price, or if they did that club perhaps did not appeal to petracca…., hence why he has suddenly backed down and resigned himself that he’s stuck at Melbourne for the time being.

Limited draft capital and salary cap to obtain petracca sounds highly logical. In fact quite clearly no club had the trade capital, salary cap or just general interest in Petracca at the right price, or if they did that club perhaps did not appeal to petracca…., hence why he has suddenly backed down and resigned himself that he’s stuck at Melbourne for the time being.
The limitations on this trade made it as close to impossible as one could get. A statement confirming his commitment to the Dees was always the most likely.

Where the **** is the Stringer talk coming from? Wouldn’t want that lazy piece of shit anywhere near our club.

I posted a couple days ago that Fly had lunch with Stringer and manager early in the week.

I have no idea how the lunch went.

This board has gone with Welcome to Collingwood Jake Stringer type areas 😂

I posted a couple days ago that Fly had lunch with Stringer and manager early in the week.

I have no idea how the lunch went.

This board has gone with Welcome to Collingwood Jake Stringer type areas

Hope I haven’t gone too early with my lion tattoo on the guts.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nickorules36 as Scodog10 said welcome aboard and for your input.
I thought I’d give you an early education, (based only on my observations).
When you post an opinion you receive will all kinds of feedback.
Some will be cordial and some less so and some via our post reactions.
Some will continue to argue their point and you may be drawn into circular discussions.
You will note you received a :thumbsdown: for this post from Scodog10.
My reading of that is, (guess) it’s an agree to disagree after a couple of interactions.
Which just may well be the most practical/mature way to end a back and forth, (hope it catches on).
PS: Sorry for the long post.
I know some newbies can sometimes be intimidated and some decide it’s all too hard.
Good luck and enjoy.
Correct weight. Unfortunately though I’m not as convinced any longer on the newness of the person behind the account, but keeping an open mind…

Petracca is on huge money

IMG_2649.jpeg

Not easy to suddenly find that kind of money… trading or delisting a bunch of minimal to medium earners in Johnson, Macrae, Noble, Richards etc doesn’t remotely cut it… and those players need to be replaced by others that need to be paid too 🤷‍♀️

I wouldn’t be surprised if GC split 6.
The only target to do that though is Richmond unless it’s Sydney and I don’t quite think 18 & 19 is enough on 6. WC and Fremantle are the others, but both are also likely to move their mid 1st Rd picks to Richmond.

Petracca is on huge money

View attachment 2097893

Not easy to suddenly find that kind of money… trading or delisting a bunch of minimal to medium earners in Johnson, Macrae, Noble, Richards etc doesn’t remotely cut it… and those players need to be replaced by others that need to be paid too 🤷‍♀️
I think you’re half right. The correct part is that at this stage it’s unlikely we could fit Petracca into our 2025 TPP without juggling contracts, but given the make up of our list (30+ or rookie with very few in the 22-28 age bracket on good coin) we don’t have that many contracted beyond 2026. As we currently stand we probably have $12-15m free in our 2027-2029 TPP. Of course you have to factor in wage bumps over the coming years, but we don’t have enough on the horizon to be overly concerned with getting into a 2020 type hole. The real issue is a lack of real trade currency until next year when we most likely have access to 3 1st Rd picks.

The only target to do that though is Richmond unless it’s Sydney and I don’t quite think 18 & 19 is enough on 6. WC and Fremantle are the others, but both are also likely to move their mid 1st Rd picks to Richmond.
St Kilda may be able to depending on the FA compo they get for Battle.

When players on an existing contract change clubs, surely they have to expect that the dollars per year get rearranged and even trimmed to facilitate the trade?

Especially when moving from a shite club to a contender?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If GC give pick 6 for Rioli, they should be asking Richmond for another pick to go their way.
Rioli and 21/ 29 for pick 6.

I think you’re half right. The correct part is that at this stage it’s unlikely we could fit Petracca into our 2025 TPP without juggling contracts, but given the make up of our list (30+ or rookie with very few in the 22-28 age bracket on good coin) we don’t have that many contracted beyond 2026. As we currently stand we probably have $12-15m free in our 2027-2029 TPP. Of course you have to factor in wage bumps over the coming years, but we don’t have enough on the horizon to be overly concerned with getting into a 2020 type hole. The real issue is a lack of real trade currency until next year when we most likely have access to 3 1st Rd picks.

Where are the 3 x 1st round picks coming from for next year ?

St Kilda may be able to depending on the FA compo they get for Battle.
I’m personally not jumping one spot for the cost of that FA compo, but their may be a move to be had their somewhere that makes it possible to work with St Kilda in a roundabout way.
If GC give pick 6 for Rioli, they should be asking Richmond for another pick to go their way.
Rioli and 21/ 29 for pick 6.
This is more where I’d be sitting for a deal on Rioli, but Richmond are going to potentially be sitting on 5-6 1st Rd picks at some point and if it were me I’d be moving 1 or 2 into next year. To maximise development I don’t think I’d ever want more than 4 picks under 25 in a given year.

You’ll always get leakage because it’s basically impossible to get a 100% hit rate at a draft. If I’m taking 6 picks into a draft (which Richmond probably will between trades and retirement) I’d prefer 3 early and 3 later because you’d rather the misses on picks in the 40’s 50’s than the teens. You then also get the ability to spread the talent over a number of years.

We had the cap space to ask Suns about a Bowes style deal for Lukoscious 2 x $1M

The little snippet that we were interested in Lukosius as a salary dump suggests that we have more salary cap space than the media lead us to believe.
It's a question of what we do with it.
It's possible that there's something cooking that we don't know about.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back