List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

3 late firsts? That’s the type of arrogant assumption that saw us give up pick 10 this year for Schultz. In such an even competition anything can happen and while I’m also of the belief that we can bounce back next year I certainly wouldn’t bank on remaining up top for 2 more years after that, especially with the amount of 30+ core players we have.
Not every top 10 pick makes the grade. Schultz is elite in most of every area of the game. A sure thing and at a good age.
Master stroke move in my eyes. Plenty of others agree.

I can't believe it's still 6 weeks until the trade period begins and what 700 pages and counting.......

So far what we know
  • The Petracca pipe dream vanished up its own backside faster than a rat up a drainpipe - was amusing for a few weeks
  • Stringer anyone - yuk. I just can't stand the guy
  • 2MP - hmm not convinced he will look good in a black and white guernsey.
  • Hobbs from bombers - bit vanilla for me
  • Tom Lynch - played what 4 games in 2 years and still getting paid a $million a year - surely not?
  • Peatling from GWS looks a good prospect - be very keen but plenty of other suitors
  • Davis from Suns - maybe as part of a JNN trade.
  • Keane - back to the future - hopefully we dont over pay
On the way out JFN - sad to see him go but consensus is statistically he is every bit as good as Rioli where speculation has it that he is worth pick 6 and some more, but our JFN only a bit of loose change. I hope we play hard ball and get a decent pick for him.

Richards - like to keep but he would be mad to stay if he is getting 3 years +1 at Port. We must maximise the trade value and get back into the first round.

I think we might have to accept that not much is going to happen this trade period.

• Petracca - would love
  • Stringer anyone - yuk.
  • 2MP - yuk
  • Hobbs from bombers - yuk
  • Tom Lynch - yuk
  • Peatling yes
  • Davis from Suns - yes
  • Keane - yuk but fine

Seriously?
Don’t the Oliver and Petracca and Grundy sagas highlight the perils of such long and massive contracts?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
For starters ain’t nothing wrong with the Petracca deal! The Naughton, Gulden, Rozee, Naicos and Buddy deals highlight the positives to me. It’s all a matter of perspective 🤷‍♂️

"There's a Victorian club willing to pay him $12m over 8 years. His management is negotiating to keep him at the Suns long term."

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tugs making a big play with all their upcoming cap space?

They have to spend the 95% somewhere after all for the next few years...

Can’t wait to see this guy show up. Apparently can also play as a 3rd tall and wingman.

Can’t wait to see this guy show up. Apparently can also play as a 3rd tall and wingman.

The talent is there. Hopefully its just confidence and consistency

The talent is there. Hopefully its just confidence and consistency

Confidence is not a ‘just’ thing. It’s on the coaches to build that, or to create an environment for him to flourish. I’d say our club does a good job with that.

AFL and sport in general is predominantly mental…some players just won’t work it out at the level.

Confidence is not a ‘just’ thing. It’s on the coaches to build that, or to create an environment for him to flourish. I’d say our club does a good job with that.

AFL and sport in general is predominantly mental…some players just won’t work it out at the level.
hopefully he has a strong pre-season and takes the next step forward in his development

His lack of confidence could come from his concussion on debut. Not necessarily his talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His lack of confidence could come from his concussion on debut. Not necessarily his talent.
and then his off and on injuries this year, which then halts his confidence and consistency.
Had hammy, nerve issue with his neck, hand issue.
Just wasnt his year (you can say that about half our team tbf)

He needs the belief in himself which should come when he puts on more size.
Get him under IQ's wing to build him up.

He needs the belief in himself which should come when he puts on more size.
Get him under IQ's wing to build him up.
Maybe not too much, given its felt like IQ has been too heavy this year lol
Ryan did put on a little size last pre-season. He was really skinny in his first year. So I imagine he will add more to that this off season.

Potentially, and definitely wasn’t questioning his talent. I think 99% of the AFL listed players have the talent, it’s the mental side that determines success though.

Whether it’s the concussion or something else, the coaches believe he is not at the appropriate standard atm.

Well I think it does matter. Recruiters are hired / retained amd paid to pick good players. If you have more misses than hits, you need to be replaced. Derek hasn’t had an amazing record with actual national draft picks for a while now. He’s about at retirement age anyway, but clubs like Geelong, Hawthorn and Sydney are the benchmark when it comes to drafting. And we need to catch up…
Prove it.

Will be interesting. There is a good chance we could trade next years 1st into this year's draft, given how deep it is and us wanting to get one (both would be nice) of the whitlock twins.
Not saying they'll do it, but its an option that's been floated.
What is a Whitlock twin and why do we want them?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back