List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

If we miss out on both Peatling and Davies, assuming they both stay, I wonder if we’ll renew our interest in Smith.

I know he's almost destined to go to Geelong, but if we can somehow satisfy the Dogs with the pick we get for JFN, plus a swap of future picks, that'll be a steal. It’ll be nice to perform a late swoop on Mackie and the rest of those catf***ers.

I don't know, maybe I'm just reaching.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
IF we miss on these targets i'd be shifting to Houston. Absolute A grader, huge upgrade on the Noble/Markov/Ryan etc type. Genuinely then allows us to use Crisp less behind the ball.

BY all reports Smith is a done deal.

Of course, this trade won't come easy, but assuming we get pick 20 for JFN, Richards joins Port and we can wrangle picks for Reef something might be possible. I would expect us to have to bundle picks into a pick around 10ish plus Richards and a little more to even get Ports interest. Ryan may be the wildcard in this scenario.
Fin, AJ and Krugs may be available should any other club be interested although the return will be minimal but could be bundled into something by a club needing points.

Has anyone read anywhere about Mark Keane coming to Collingwood?
I feel like that should be a priority for us. Seems like a perfect fit for our needs. Pairing him with Moore and Dean for the future.
I know we were filthy when we lost him!
But I haven't heard any progress on this.

Has anyone read anywhere about Mark Keane coming to Collingwood?
I feel like that should be a priority for us. Seems like a perfect fit for our needs. Pairing him with Moore and Dean for the future.
I know we were filthy when we lost him!
But I haven't heard any progress on this.
Crows have upped there Offer so he stays Now

I think Keane would be competition for Dean - no more.

We could do with some competition for Frampton to play on the gorillas, although he was playing well before being pulled to other roles. Maybe Eyre becomes that competition.

Moore remains irreplaceable, hence the need to draft one or two good young talls, although again, Eyre may become the back up if he gets a good run at it..

So:

USUAL 2024 STARTERS -
Moore, Frampton, Howe;

OTHER OPTIONS FOR 2025 -
Eyre, Eyre, Dean; (?)

(Don't think TJ is ready for the Howe back up role til late '25/26).

(BESIDES KEANE, WHO COULD BE BROUGHT IN FOR THIS SHORT-TERM COMPETITION/BACK UP ROLE?). Thoughts?

Last edited:
IF we miss on these targets i'd be shifting to Houston. Absolute A grader, huge upgrade on the Noble/Markov/Ryan etc type. Genuinely then allows us to use Crisp less behind the ball.

BY all reports Smith is a done deal.

Of course, this trade won't come easy, but assuming we get pick 20 for JFN, Richards joins Port and we can wrangle picks for Reef something might be possible. I would expect us to have to bundle picks into a pick around 10ish plus Richards and a little more to even get Ports interest. Ryan may be the wildcard in this scenario.
Fin, AJ and Krugs may be available should any other club be interested although the return will be minimal but could be bundled into something by a club needing points.
So you want to invest everything we have in two players coming off recos?! Houston has done his knee right?

This is a risk that I’m unwilling to take.

Reports that Beams and Barham were seen leaving a Derrimut cafe this morning. Yet to be known if they said goodbye to one another.

Beams would have skipped out on the bill.

Syd - have the academies
Haw - have been bottom feeders for years accumulating talent.
Geel - have the same number of flags as Coll between 2010 -2023

Given Flags, Finals, PF and GF’s are the benchmark I don’t see evidence of superior drafting.

Some posters believe winning trades and drafts is superior to winning flags.

and then his off and on injuries this year, which then halts his confidence and consistency.
Had hammy, nerve issue with his neck, hand issue.
Just wasnt his year (you can say that about half our team tbf)

People tend to overlook this. The young lad has been smashed by injuries this season.

Let's see him get a full pre season and come back bigger and stronger in 25 before we pass judgement on him.

I am not against Jake Stringer coming to us.
Under Fly's regime, he will have every chance to produce his very best in the last 2 or so years of his career.
In our forward line, he would provide an explosive extra element, and we would have a multiplicity of permutations and combinations availabe in our F50 to truly bamboozle an oppositon defence.
If we can land him at little cost, I am absolutely all for it.
i'm not against getting anyone who will improve our side. I also don't hold grudges against players who ****ed up 10 years ago. If we can get Stringer, we get him, pure and simple

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am not against Jake Stringer coming to us.
Under Fly's regime, he will have every chance to produce his very best in the last 2 or so years of his career.
In our forward line, he would provide an explosive extra element, and we would have a multiplicity of permutations and combinations availabe in our F50 to truly bamboozle an oppositon defence.
If we can land him at little cost, I am absolutely all for it.
How big is the character liability and the fact our game plan is built on forward half pressure.
A fit and firing Stringer, cleanskin if you like, would be a great addition to our side. The real version I’m not so sure about.

Has anyone got the link to this story handy? I’d like to get a read on the reporting.
I don’t have a link, but listening to Jay Clark on MMM yesterday afternoon he was of the opinion that Keane was more likely to stay now.

I don’t have a link, but listening to Jay Clark on MMM yesterday afternoon he was of the opinion that Keane was more likely to stay now.
Adelaide remains confident of keeping defender Mark Keane after improving its offer to stop him from joining Collingwood.

The Magpies were hopeful of poaching Keane - who had one year remaining on his deal at Adelaide - to help Darcy Moore at Collingwood next season.

But the Herald Sun can reveal the Crows have offered Keane, 24, a longer term deal to stay at Adelaide beyond 2025 and believe he is a key part of the club’s future.

The improved offer is tipped to keep him at the South Australian club for at least two more seasons.

An announcement on his future is expected this week.

A decision to stay at Adelaide would be a disappointment for the Magpies who had targeted Keane to return to the club and strengthen the defence.

Keane played at Collingwood in 2020-21 but left to return home to Ireland, before re-igniting his career at Adelaide in 2023.

The 31-gamer has been an important defender at Adelaide this season playing 21 matches for the Crows down back this year.

Collingwood is hunting a backman to help Moore and bolster a defence which was exposed at times in 2024.

The Magpies are set to lose John Noble to Gold Coast and are targeting pick 20 from the Suns in return.

Collingwood could make a move on former Bomber Nick Hind as a potential replacement option, although a decision could wait until the new year in the supplemental selection period.

The Magpies would not have to give anything up to land Hind in the supplemental selection period.

If we landed -
Houston
Stringer
Peatling/Davies
Would be very nice additions.
Expecting to lose Noble, Richards.

Houston more likely the Saints, but we maybe close to his second option and closing the gap.

I don't think Essendoom would want Stringer coming to us, for the simple reason, if he has a 40 goal season, along with the expected improvement from Schultz, and regular pairing of Mihocek and McStay in our forward half, that would put us close to finishing in the top 4 next year. I feel Essendoom will come to some agreement with Stringer...

Peatling would love to get, but are you leaving the GWS at this stage of their growth in the competition? They look like regularly playing finals for the majority of the next decade. He hails from Western Sydney, so it would be hard to get him out, l think. The word is West Coast maybe his choice if he does leave!!

Davies would be nice, and l think he's our best shot. He would be a nice addition to our midfield, not only because of his ability and his pressure as a tackling machine, but he would give us that injection of youth into our midfield, that we need. It would be nice to see Naicos, Davies and Allan playing regularly in our midfield next year.

If we're fair dinkum about a flag tilt next year we can't rely on a Dean or Frampton.

I know we won't find an elite Weitering, Andrews, Taylor, Stewart, etc type, but it's already frustrating me to no end that it looks like Nick Haynes is going to walk to Carlton as a UFA.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back