List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

What about Todd Marshall from Port.
He’s out of the team and may not play during finals. I can’t see Port becoming the Premiers but if they did, would Marshall be open to be traded? Most likely, Port may want to hang onto him for when Dixon goes though.

The quote was:

"Justin Leppitsch has started in his new role as Pies list boss and is looking at new ways to rate and judge talent and current players as part of his new brief."

It'll be about looking at our metrics and criteria for evaluating potential draftees, trade targets and current players - in terms of both salary and draft pick/trade value.

To be honest, I've got no idea how they'd currently do it - other than vibe - or what way they'd move to - just so hard to measure likelihood of future performance - let alone to then weigh up the value of salary cap versus draft picks.
There would have to be an existing system of metrics.
Leppa is likely to add or subtract criteria, so I’m not not sure it’s that hard.
For example a player fluent on both sides ( all other criteria being equal) would rate higher than a one sided player. Similarly speed.
And the list would go on.

Frampton might not be the answer down back but he might improve if just left in defence to get his bearings, instead of filling holes every other week.
Agree and if Eyre starts showing promise then competition for the tall back post would be a positive, and keep the pressure to perform on Frampton.

Great news. Leppa is all over it

Liverpool fc are very data driven when it comes to their recruiting. It can be super frustrating at times but it's generally pretty good.

It's about ability, age, right price etc super thorough with medical, onsell value eye wages.
Read a great book a few year ago “The Numbers Game” entirely about how data was driving the EPL.
An amazing example was data that existed for strikers where their resilience was benchmarked.
You could pick the downhill skier ( with a propensity to score once their team was ahead) from those with grit who shone when the team was under pressure, with their goals snatching draws or wins.
Obviously the later profile was most sought after.

I wouldn't be opposed to getting Day in for nothing?

Basically same age as Checkers but much taller and I don't think has an injury history?

Worst case he's depth at least because we clearly don't see a spot for Kreuger
I don't mind the idea of getting him but only as a rookie. I don't think he's great but he could be a decent depth option.

He’s out of the team and may not play during finals. I can’t see Port becoming the Premiers but if they did, would Marshall be open to be traded? Most likely, Port may want to hang onto him for when Dixon goes though.
He might have been passed by Georgiades.

Bring Trey Ruscoe back to defence? He wasn't the worst we've had on our list in recent years.

With his mum thrown in for free as the GWP (Gift With Purchase).
And he's currently in Bali with TJ and IQ

Keep Krueger
Long hasn't been delisted
Aim for pick 20 for Noble otherwise keep (we have the power)

This week
Go lions,dogs port and giants

Delist Sullivan Johnston (re rookie) bytel

Can't be bothered replying to all the threads

Port would ask for the world given he is contracted until 2029

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would have liked keane but it looks like he's staying
I was counting on him to be a much-needed addition. The cupboard really is bare. Fly said he hoped we were going to be very active, but words are cheap. It doesn't seem there's much on offer that we can afford or trade for.

I was counting on him to be a much-needed addition. The cupboard really is bare. Fly said he hoped we were going to be very active, but words are cheap. It doesn't seem there's much on offer that we can afford or trade for.
Well he isn't wrong. We are TRYING to be active. Given we are linked to multiple players. But if they dont want to come, not our fault.

Keep Krueger
Long hasn't been delisted
Aim for pick 20 for Noble otherwise keep (we have the power)

This week
Go lions,dogs port and giants

Delist Sullivan Johnston (re rookie) bytel

Can't be bothered replying to all the threads
No thanks on Bytel. Too vanilla. I'd rather keep Sullivan. Krueger is just filling a space. He has had a chance to show something and aside from the Melbourne game has failed dismally.

Nobody cares what Barrett thinks.
Yeah a seasoned reporter that has a ton of good sources. Absolutely no one cares about him. :rolleyes:

Well he isn't wrong. We are TRYING to be active. Given we are linked to multiple players. But if they dont want to come, not our fault.
I assumed when he kept saying we need a key position player both forward and back that we had at least one player in the pipeline. By that I mean someone who had committed to us. Keane had looked likely for months then becomes a no thanks. I'd prefer a statement along the lines of "We don't have many options available given our current list and draft status, so it's the status quo for another year."

That's what it's looking like at this early stage. Maybe we'll get something decent for Noble but most of our improvement will have to come from a handful of young blokes and our old buggers one more time.

Dean is actually listed as slightly taller than Keane.
He is quite slender, though, but more time in the weight room should help rectify that.
Darcy is listed at 208cm and probably still growing, so he'd be a handful for anyone.

Dean has not shown any ability to contest the ball in the air, even though he's young. He's also very slow and unathletic overall. His deficiencies would be OK, if he had great IQ or awareness and a good knowledge of defending areas and setting up team mates, like Lingy and Nick Maxwell, both were NOT athletes but have great IQs as defenders.

Dean's best game ever, was when he had 3-4 plays where he didnt make a mistake but simply completing basic plays that were EXPECTED for Best 22 player on a premiership team. He rarely repeated such accomplishment, but had more games where he was BEATEN almost comically by his direct competition.

We are not a destination club anymore! I suppose we haven't been for quite a while.
The attention our club gets, and the players in general and from supporters if they dont perform. It's not everyone's cup of tea.

We are not a destination club anymore! I suppose we haven't been for quite a while.
The player's managers know what we have (or don't have) in trade capital. I'm sure that would have something to do with it.

Petracca reportedly wanted to come to us. He's arguably the best player named as someone wanting to move clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back