List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe with more experience over the next year or so he’ll have the confidence to rebound. One of his major strengths was his intercept marking. I don’t think Dean is slow.
With Dean you also need to factor in that he has missed two years with injury and the
best part of two year because of covid a couple of major setbacks in his development
Think with more experience and more confident he will
finish a solid player for us

Dean has not shown any ability to contest the ball in the air, even though he's young. He's also very slow and unathletic overall. His deficiencies would be OK, if he had great IQ or awareness and a good knowledge of defending areas and setting up team mates, like Lingy and Nick Maxwell, both were NOT athletes but have great IQs as defenders.

Dean's best game ever, was when he had 3-4 plays where he didnt make a mistake but simply completing basic plays that were EXPECTED for Best 22 player on a premiership team. He rarely repeated such accomplishment, but had more games where he was BEATEN almost comically by his direct competition.
How did he have 17 marks in his last game without awareness IQ, or athleticism?
He was considered a great interceptor and reader of the play, in his last VFL season.

If we could turn Noble into Houston, I think that’s a huge win.

Pies: Houston

GC: Noble & pick 32

Port: Richards, Lukosous, Pies F1 & Pick 26.

I feel like that’s fair. GCS gaining Noble & Pick 32 while losing Lukosous & pick 26 probably the only pointy matter.

Don’t think Port need a 1st as well. Lukosius, Richards and 32 is fair return for Houston who will be 28 next year.

Pies

Give - Richards, Noble and 32
Gain - Houston

GC

Give - Lukosius (who they quietly want gone)
Gain - Noble

Port

Give - Houston
Gain - Lukosius, Richards, 32

How did he have 17 marks in his last game without awareness IQ, or athleticism?
He was considered a great interceptor and reader of the play, in his last VFL season.

I think he is a bit like Macrae, really good at VFL level but not really up to it at AFL level at the moment. With more opportunity at AFL level they could improve.

I have a feeling both are seen as not up to it by the club, otherwise in a season where we have had plenty of injuries they would’ve been given more games.

I think he is a bit like Macrae, really good at VFL level but not really up to it at AFL level at the moment. With more opportunity at AFL level they could improve.

I have a feeling both are seen as not up to it by the club, otherwise in a season where we have had plenty of injuries they would’ve been given more games.
I think it’s way too premature to write Dean off, given how much injury has impaired his progress.
He’s shown improvement and his 17 marks in one game clearly shows we have something to work with.
I keep saying this resonates like the delist calls on Murphy in 2021.

Don’t think Port need a 1st as well. Lukosius, Richards and 32 is fair return for Houston who will be 28 next year.

Pies

Gain - Houston

GC

Gain - Noble

Port

Give - Houston
If DeGoey had just gone back to back AA would you consider that a fair trade for him?

If your answer is yes I think you’re probably lying tbh.

No, Billy struggled against Brisbane and Dean replaced him after being dominant the VFL, that clearly suggests the club thinks he is up to it and he's on the list in 2025 so there's another clue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing is for certain we need players to come in to the side who ultimately will make it hard for the likes of bytel,long,sullivan,lipinski to crack the team.
Yes definitely because the more of them that play reduces our chances and shows we have best 23 unavailable

Lippy tho gets picked no matter what

Pies

Gain - Houston

GC

Gain - Noble

Port

Give - Houston

Nah, Houston is worth a 1st round pick.

If we have Houston, we literally can swap Naicos & JDG between midfield and forward. Our backline would have a distributor and we would be set for 5 years.

He’s also a perfect upgrade on Noble. He’s worth what Jon Ralph think Rioli’s worth. His age is the only “negative”.

Nah, Houston is worth a 1st round pick.

If we have Houston, we literally can swap Naicos & JDG between midfield and forward. Our backline would have a distributor and we would be set for 5 years.

He’s also a perfect upgrade on Noble. He’s worth what Jon Ralph think Rioli’s worth. His age is the only “negative”.
**** me Ralph comes out with some funny shit! Houston and Rioli are so far apart in terms of trade cost it’s not funny. Rioli is one month older, they both have multiple years to run on contracts and Houston has 2 AA’s under his belt v Rioli’s zero. They aren’t even close. The broader issue for me is the significant underrating of Houston on here.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back