List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Possibly, but the catch is he actually has to want to come to us. From all reports his preference is Carlton and I suspect that’s why they’re clearing out some cap room. I don’t think currency would be an issue for them if they really want him as they have their first round pick and future available.

Not only does if seem like they're clearing cap room, it means they're potentially losing a lot of depth at once. So if their injury woes continue they might find themselves really struggling for phases next year. Which would be a real shame...

Not sure you can play Kennedy alongside Mitchell.
You’re working on the assumption that Mitchell can return to his 2023 form. I’m not sure his body holds up for a full season anymore at this point.

Not only does if seem like they're clearing cap room, it means they're potentially losing a lot of depth at once. So if their injury woes continue they might find themselves really struggling for phases next year. Which would be a real shame...
They appointed 'Sydney fitness guru' Rob Inness as their new high-performance boss, replacing the retiring Andrew Russell at Ikon Park.

So seems they're putting a lot of faith in the new guy to turn their injury woes around.

Yes that’s something that’s crossed my mind too. Houston is a great player don’t get me wrong, but if you’re pushing out a best 23 small forward and a very good fringe/depth midfielder in order to get him, when depth is already an issue I’m not so sure it’s the right play.

Damn I’ve been big on getting Kennedy especially after his subbing in the final as a golden opportunity to pounce. Great mix of attributes for us to play inside and move forward when needed to make space for Jordy. And now that it actually looks like a realistic chance, this homophobic stuff comes out.

Now I’ve only skim read the last few pages so I know nothing about it, but if there’s truth in that he holds what it essentially an extremist view by today’s standards I don’t think you can risk the cohesion of the group and club over it.
On page 858, bit of over reaction from a like 5 years ago ,who knows why he liked the post ,a few on here have gone straight to homosexual hate.

Yes that’s something that’s crossed my mind too. Houston is a great player don’t get me wrong, but if you’re pushing out a best 23 small forward and a very good fringe/depth midfielder in order to get him, when depth is already an issue I’m not so sure it’s the right play.
Sounds perfect to me 🤣

Yep. And the fact Kennedy is one of 3 players that played every game for them this year is mind boggling.

And that's perfectly fine. It comes down to freedom of choice

Well, no, that’s actually discrimination.

And Kennedy liking posts saying “hell is waiting” for gay people is a black mark even if it is in line with his religious beliefs. Religion isn’t a safe haven for hating on minorities. What if the post said “indigenous Australians” instead of gay people? Surely you can see where this is wrong.

The fact that he liked a post, and didn’t post the comments himself, gives him an out by way of ambiguity but it’s a bad look and should definitely be part of a vetting process.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, no, that’s actually discrimination.

And Kennedy liking posts saying “hell is waiting” for gay people is a black mark even if it is in line with his religious beliefs. Religion isn’t a safe haven for hating on minorities. What if the post said “indigenous Australians” instead of gay people? Surely you can see where this is wrong.

The fact that he liked a post, and didn’t post the comments himself, gives him an out by way of ambiguity but it’s a bad look and should definitely be part of a vetting process.
It's cool, I just want to improve our list and win the flag. Kennedy is a good cheap option.

It's cool, I just want to improve our list and win the flag. Kennedy is a good cheap option.

The fact is, there are many reasons for liking a post. I often “like” posts on here that I entirely disagree with; if they’re well-argued, contain interesting facts, are otherwise passionate in support of the Pies, or just plain amusing.

Who knows why Kennedy hit like? Maybe he can’t wipe and scroll effectively at the same time?

The fact is, there are many reasons for liking a post. I often “like” posts on here that I entirely disagree with; if they’re well-argued, contain interesting facts, are otherwise passionate in support of the Pies, or just plain amusing.

Who knows why Kennedy hit like? Maybe he can’t wipe and scroll effectively at the same time?
He's a Carlton player. He probably can't read and just saw a brown paper bag in a photo.

What do reckon about kennedy. Probably being held out by Cripps. Could be a very good cheap option
I've always liked him and haven't understood why they faff him around. But think he looks a bit slow to have with Pendles and Mitchell - would be good for us after 2026 onwards. I think we'd be faffing him around next year.

He was either 21 or 22 years old at the time. If I am getting the date correct ( April 2019). Who's to say he isn't a different man now and he regrets that choice. Plenty of young people get told things by Churches and because it is "Gods word" they feel that they need to support it. Plenty of young gay men and women have supported similar statements because they were very religious and they were told those feelings they were having were wrong. They have then come out and totally rejected their Churches later on.

Next year's FA and trade period will be the one to watch . Few retirements + Murphy's and treloars salary paid out = 1.5-2 mill in cap space. That should allow us to target two high quality players and replace the rest with cheap draft picks.
Thinking Mitchell, sidebottom, cox will be done at Collingwood after end of next season. Our struggle to find defenders to help moore may force howe to continue on for at least another season. We probably will stagger the retirements, so potentially have pendles , Howe and the hyphen retire at the end of 2026.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back