List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

OLLIE Lord is attracting interest from Victorian clubs, amid Port Adelaide's pursuit of Gold Coast forward Jack Lukosius.

Collingwood is in the market for a key forward and has enquired, while Melbourne has held long-term interest in Lord and is also understood to be keeping tabs.

Lord signed a two-year contract extension last December that ties him to the Power until the end of 2026, after Geelong made an advance during the Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period.

OLLIE Lord is attracting interest from Victorian clubs, amid Port Adelaide's pursuit of Gold Coast forward Jack Lukosius.

Collingwood is in the market for a key forward and has enquired, while Melbourne has held long-term interest in Lord and is also understood to be keeping tabs.

Lord signed a two-year contract extension last December that ties him to the Power until the end of 2026, after Geelong made an advance during the Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period.

Yeah baby.

Explains it here. You can bring in FA's and still improve your list while not affecting your draft hand. Just a balance, but guess given his stance is getting better, makes sense from his POV

“It’s just a philosophy,” McRae said in regards to how he wants to build the club’s list.

“I want to get better every day, and I want to bring players in that make us better.

“I don't want to stand still … Geelong have done it extremely well, you look at that as a platform and you see other clubs like this year, Sydney brought players in, and it made them better.

“I don't quite buy into the ‘(premiership) window’ thing, I think, ‘Let’s just keep getting better, keep improving ourselves’.

“That's not excluding our young players either, we've got to make sure our players still get opportunities and improve and, but I certainly would like to bring players in every year if we can.”
Sorry Jen, I listened to fly and just prior to the philosophy comments he said he wants players not picks

Have a listen to this in full and make up your mind if he was talking about a balance or his preference is players. and doesn’t have much of a car for picks.

I love fly he’s my favorite collingwood coach since I’ve been alive, but this is a worrying philosophy in my opinion.

I’m ok with the coach wanting players over picks.

However, picks will become players once selected.
So he needs to trust the balance of the list bosses and scouts who are entrusted with this work

We need to get the balance right

He comes from good roots, with the Sandringham Dragons and Geelong Grammar product the grandson of Geelong’s 1962 Brownlow medallist and 1963 premiership star, Alistair Lord. From Port website.

You can guarantee Geelong will be all over him like a ****ing rash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe we could draft better, don't get me wrong. Could be a reason Hine is being demoted but I really have no idea

So THREE of Brisbane's Goal to Goal line KPP's were Academy picks.....nice lurk if you can get it. Whilst Sydney have 5 academy players running around (including 2 of their best 3). Northern States have some pretty nice free kicks eh?

He comes from good roots, with the Sandringham Dragons and Geelong Grammar product the grandson of Geelong’s 1962 Brownlow medallist and 1963 premiership star, Alistair Lord. From Port website.

You can guarantee Geelong will be all over him like a ****ing rash.
. It's a lose lose scenario. He'll choose cats - lose. Unless they don't want him because he's no good - lose.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back