List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

He had returned from a broken leg and played a few games toward the end of the season. Clearly not as match hardened as the other options. I'd be thrilled if we got him. A big, young, mobile key forward- those who are not fussed by the idea of having him in a Collingwood jumper amaze me.
Thanks bro, I didn't know that and I'm not against him. I was just a bit concerned that he wasn't getting a game.

Now Lukosius has officially chosen Port Lord might be considering his position in the pecking order. If we can convince him to ask for an out then I am sure we will find a way to get the trade done.
If Lord was any good Port would look to retain him and be expecting growth, 5 years into his career and not replacing him with a more expensive alternative. If he is just a depth player we don’t need that and especially not for a best 22 player in Richard’s.

If Lord was any good Port would look to retain him and be expecting growth, 5 years into his career and not replacing him with a more expensive alternative. If he is just a depth player we don’t need that and especially not for a best 22 player in Richard’s.
Best 22? I like richards, but lets not go that far.

Harry Perryman’s decision looks like it will come over the weekend, according to Jay Clark.

Collingwood having more discussions with him over the next 48 hours.

Port saying their not giving up lord for peanuts. On the other hand they want Richards for peanuts. Time to get tough Pies.
Let’s take a leaf out of the book of the Dodo, and play hard ball. And if that doesn’t work, throw the ball at them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so the coach has said he'd like a key forward and lord seems to be the only realistic option even though the only thing that would make him leave a contract that he has recently signed is that Port wont play him even though Port has lost two key forwards.....i think this rumour needs some work but its better than nothing

Port saying their not giving up lord for peanuts. On the other hand they want Richards for peanuts. Time to get tough Pies.
Port BF Board on Lord:
"I mean if a club is willing to offer a first, I'd take it."
"a 2nd round pick"
"keep Lord unless someone offered us a teens pick"

Port BF Board on Richards:
"Richards (worth a late second/early third round pick)"
"3rd rounder for Richard’s"

"Joe Richards should be a 3rd or 4th rounder. Somewhere in there, moving towards the 4th."

Typical BigFooty at this time of the year

Now that Dixon has retired, he’s more of a chance to get a game so would have to be a decent offer for us to get him across seeing as he’d be behind checkers and McStay.
I heard Korn on Sen say during finals that they couldn’t pick Lord in finals as he couldn’t get a kick in SANFL late in year

He had returned from a broken leg and played a few games toward the end of the season. Clearly not as match hardened as the other options. I'd be thrilled if we got him. A big, young, mobile key forward- those who are not fussed by the idea of having him in a Collingwood jumper amaze me.

Essentially the age profile , player type we need to rebuild on the run and still contend

Lord + a mid and i think its a great effort this off season along with hopefully a couple of nice selections in the draft at the expense of Noble.

Arriving at Alberton after being selected in the 2020 draft, Ollie Lord stands at 195cm and has impressed with his marking ability and agility at ground level. His size and skillset makes him an extremely exciting prospect. Showing great potential in whatever position he is played in, Lord has emerged as one of Port Adelaide's most talented young players.
Still adding bulk to his frame, Lord is continuing to develop his size and skills. He made his first AFL appearance early in 2023 and went on to play another 12 games on the year - including a four goal performance in his first ever finals appearance. Showing notable improvement each outing, Lord looks primed for a significant jump in his young career.
He comes from good roots, with the Sandringham Dragons and Geelong Grammar product the grandson of Geelong’s 1962 Brownlow medallist and 1963 premiership star, Alistair Lord.
sounds like it's written by his agent.

The issue I have with Houston is we probably only need a couple of good years out of him but will be paying for 5 or 6 and while he is a quality player we have other more critical areas of need right now.

After that we will likely go into a period of decline with our ageing core retiring so we are in win now mode and really need recruits who can do a job for us for the next couple of seasons without breaking the bank.

We have holes up forward and down back and need a bigger body or two in the midfield, so throwing most of our chips at a single player might very well hurt us more than it helps, as going down the path of chasing the shiniest thing in the room often does.

That’s fine, I somewhat agree re positional needs and if the thinking is that we need other pieces to allow us to contend in the next couple of years then I can at least understand the logic. My issue was the criticism of a potential Houston recruitment because he’s 27. Makes no sense as by the time he’d decline you would have had 4 additional trade/drafts periods to plan the next step.

The only way the age criticism makes sense is if you think we are out of contention for the forseeable future and forget about the next few yeas and go full youth.

But for one it’s a flawed approach that doesn’t make sense to the way lists are shaped these days, and two you’d have to be very silly to waste 3-4+ years of Nick’s magic this way.

Best 22? I like richards, but lets not go that far.
In today’s version of the game, the mosquito fleet rein supreme. He is a skilful small pressure player, if he continues with his early form he is an upgrade on Schultz who cost us a lot last trade period.

If Schultz is worth pick 10+ then so is Richard’s.

In today’s version of the game, the mosquito fleet rein supreme. He is a skilful small pressure player, if he continues with his early form he is an upgrade on Schultz who cost us a lot last trade period.

If Schultz is worth pick 10+ then so is Richard’s.
Schultzy rates as elite in most stats. Joe Richards is miles away from that.

Port BF Board on Lord:
"I mean if a club is willing to offer a first, I'd take it."
"a 2nd round pick"
"keep Lord unless someone offered us a teens pick"

Port BF Board on Richards:
"Richards (worth a late second/early third round pick)"
"3rd rounder for Richard’s"

"Joe Richards should be a 3rd or 4th rounder. Somewhere in there, moving towards the 4th."

Typical BigFooty at this time of the year
Absolute peanuts. No wonder they are under achievers

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back