List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

People taking his comments too literal. In the end the list management does what is best. Nothing will change like last few years. We will take picks to the draft while trying to recruit. It’s a balance of both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's ridiculous. Trust Cornes to use it as his big outrage for the day.

I swear this 12 for Noble thing is insane to me (I know it's not you)

I don't know who keeps bringing it up like it's a realistic thing. I don't know why it keeps being brought up like a realistic thing.

We will not be getting Pick 12 for Noble
For the 100th time, nobody is expecting pick 12 for Noble unless it was accompanied with other later picks (for points which they need).

This is much more realistic and well presented. Players like Lippa and even WHE shouldn't be guaranteed a game every week just because. Both Perryman and Peatling are an upgrade on both and can both go through the midfield. Peatling is also a better forward than both. I'm not sure why people are concerned about the 2 Players
I think whe is safe due to the flexibility he gives us.

Lippa being too inconsistent or Titch, Sidey or even Pendles dropping off would be the ones in danger if we had no injuries and someone like Allan demanded a spot.

It will be interesting to learn what the actual contract length that Perryman receives (irrespective of the club that signs him). Surely there will be triggers?

The last time we did such a big long term deal, it backfired spectacularly.. Does this Perryman have the right attitude and hunger? Big test for Leppa.

If we miss out on Perryman, the main disappointment is that it's not a good look to keep missing out on players. People might confuse us for StKilda lol
No doubt, mostly on here.

Barret saying Pies interested in Houston snd in the mix
it’ll depend on pick 12 from GC. If we can get it in a package for Noble it puts us ahead of Carlton.

I’d still look to see if Sydney are interested in dealing picks 17 and 19 for our F1. We would at least take one pick, possibly two, into the draft to grab a tall.

I think whe is safe due to the flexibility he gives us.

Lippa being too inconsistent or Titch, Sidey or even Pendles dropping off would be the ones in danger if we had no injuries and someone like Allan demanded a spot.
I didn't want to mention the 3 veterans because I value my life. But yeah, all 3 will have up and down years. WHE will have his roles week to week but given a good run with injuries and the addition of the two new recruits, he's no guarantee of playing every week. Lippa is in trouble also, had a terrible year and his lack of pace is telling

it’ll depend on pick 12 from GC. If we can get it in a package for Noble it puts us ahead of Carlton.

I’d still look to see if Sydney are interested in dealing picks 17 and 19 for our F1. We would at least take one pick, possibly two, into the draft to grab a tall.
I’m glad you mentioned getting pick 12 in a package for Noble. A few on here have correctly pointed out that a straight swap of Noble for pick 12 is unrealistic.
It will always involve some wheeling and dealing of picks to snag pick 12 for Noble.

Is that a good reason to give him a game every week though? Lippa had a very ordinary season.
Nah. He was our second highest ranked player up to the bye going at a tick under 20 possessions and a goal which were elite by role. Beyond that though he fell off a cliff once he was asked to do more of the heavy lifting with Steele struggling and JDG and Mitchell injured. I think Naicos is the only one that’ll benefit more from a full complement of mids in 2025. My tip is he starts Rd 1 on a wing as Sr pointed out though he needs to find some consistency in that role to remain a best 23 fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah. He was our second highest ranked player up to the bye going at a tick under 20 possessions and a goal which were elite by role. Beyond that though he fell off a cliff once he was asked to do more of the heavy lifting with Steele struggling and JDG and Mitchell injured. I think Naicos is the only one that’ll benefit more from a full complement of mids in 2025. My tip is he starts Rd 1 on a wing as Sr pointed out though he needs to find some consistency in that role to remain a best 23 fit.
Would he have been our highest ranking player with a full complement of players to choose from though?. His lack of pace was exposed all year when we needed him. Very limited player who I believe we need to upgrade. He'll still get games but maybe not every week. Peatling is a big upgrade on Lippa .

For the 100th time, nobody is expecting pick 12 for Noble unless it was accompanied with other later picks (for points which they need).
That's not going to be enough though either. I can't see it happening without involving our future first. For that pick 12, GC will get offered more than a future first from a team with a good chance of being up the pointy end next year. It's worth more than our future first. Probably not as much as Noble more.

Noble, future first and a sweetener our way would be about right - 26 for 37.

GC are going to trade 6,12, 20 and 26. Theyll end up with Rioli, Noble, enough academy point and 2 future firsts at a minimum unless they're out of their minds, and we saw last year that they no longer are.

There you go. 3.

Such a lot of outrage over Fly's comments. Paul Roos used to say the same thing.
Not outrage, just discussion

Some agree, some don’t

Btw, what a surprise we took 2-3 players when we’re required to draft every year
I think it’s very important where you pick, however
Kane’s point was Hawks traded out of first - we may not do so
(But as I’ve been told multiple times on here, late firsts are basically 2nds….)

Not outrage, just discussion

Some agree, some don’t

Btw, what a surprise we took 2-3 players when we’re required to draft every year
I think it’s very important where you pick, however
Kane’s point was Hawks traded out of first - we may not do so
(But as I’ve been told multiple times on here, late firsts are basically 2nds….)
Well we're all entitled to our own opinions on Kane's type of commentary, I guess.

It's ridiculous. Trust Cornes to use it as his big outrage for the day.
Just my opinion, but I think you’re being a bit over the top about it, EM
I thought it was worthwhile discussion
Yes, it’ll be something else tomorrow but I found the comments interesting even if taken out of context or just of the cuff and flippant
Why wouldn’t it be discussed on a show called Trade Radio?

Last night on Footy Furance Morris said it was out of Carlton and North with Carlton the front runners, we were not even mentioned.

If we get one player this trade period it has to be Houston, this replaces the need to use Nick at HB and replaces Maynard to play further up the ground.
Houston’s kicking will also compliment our corridor game.
Not sure how Morris has come to that conclusion given it’s also been reported in the last 24 hours that Port are furious at Carlton and refusing to even talk directly to them due to their “arrogant” offer of a future first rounder and taking 11 off the table.

It truly sounds like Carlton is Houston’s preferred destination but they’re doing their best to shit the bed and have Port refuse to deal with them entirely at this point.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back