List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Genuine question as the draft system bamboozles me. The Academies are for NSW/QLD only right? So if 7 of the top 10 of next year’s draft are academy nominations how does that make it a bad draft? I’m thinking that in this scenario the best Vic/SA/WA kids are then available lower down the order which presents opportunities for clubs who don’t have top ten picks.
It makes it bad for non northern states. The main reason is that it's a very poor draft outside top 10. Don't get me wrong, there will be bargains but we'll use our resources to get mcguane as he is rated first round atm.

Hasn't been much news on Joe Richards recently, unless I've missed it. Is he still considering a move to Port? Could be part of a Houston deal, if that's even realistic.
No news. One way or another
Yet to hear a decision either way. He'll have to decide soon

Josh is actually deceptively quick, there’s been several occasions in the past few years where he’s had the top running speed on the ground.
Interesting. He must be one of those off radar quick guys because he rarely uses it to create space for himself, to get ahead of the ball in transition or close it down in defence. Realistically they’re the only times pace is important in our game. Compare that to Nick who’s running power is obvious.

That is 100% not a clip on his game BTW. I’ve just never watched him and thought “damn Josh is influencing this contest with his speed”.

Carlton chime in "Hey most years we dont make it either"
Carlton are a good alternative, but I'd go North. They'll pay you more and give you an extra 4 weeks off where you get to barrack for the Pies in the finals.

It makes it bad for non northern states. The main reason is that it's a very poor draft outside top 10. Don't get me wrong, there will be bargains but we'll use our resources to get mcguane as he is rated first round atm.
Thanks manic. I think I’ll stick to my usual approach to trades and drafts which is basically watch on in bemusement, have the occasional misguided opinion on who’s a good or bad target, then barrack hard for whoever we get regardless of perceived value. Much easier on my old brain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Josh is actually deceptively quick, there’s been several occasions in the past few years where he’s had the top running speed on the ground.

Interesting. He must be one of those off radar quick guys because he rarely uses it to create space for himself, to get ahead of the ball in transition or close it down in defence. Realistically they’re the only times pace is important in our game. Compare that to Nick who’s running power is obvious.

That is 100% not a clip on his game BTW. I’ve just never watched him and thought “damn Josh is influencing this contest with his speed”.

Wow colour me surprised too. Bodes even better for his chances of performing at HB as he’ll have to use it as closing speed on his opponent at a minimum. Doubt he can change his game to do the typical HBF move of ‘run first/think later’ as he always slows down ball in hand.

Bit like Howe who has deceptively high top speed.

the way our "supporters" have treated Schultz this year, I wouldn't blame others for seeing us that way!

Not all players are built for Broadway.

I'm a big Yankees fans and not all players can handle the boo boys and the bright lights. Stanton has copped it over the journey (strikes out too much, doesn't run the bases hard) but has proven himself in the post season.

Soto joined this season and he is a bona fide superstar and he loves it. He is a big time player.

Whereas previously we had Gallo who was a star for the Rangers. He came to the Yankees and flopped, He simply couldn't handle it.

Man United is the same. Big club, big reputation, well paid but plenty of scrutiny and pressure comes with the badge.. Their manager is finding. Out there is a big difference between the Dutch League and Epl. English Press are destroying him at the moment.

I think if supporters see the player is giving 110% effort and playing their role then they will be ok.

In terms of Schultz I like him. But when you are a small forward an expectation of converting set shots from a 35m range is not unreasonable. That is part of your craft as a small forward.

Last edited:
North may only be a few top experienced players away from pressing finals over the next 2 seasons.
They have some incredible kids coming through and possibly more this trade period.
Rule 1
If a team's shit, hang shit on them until they're definitely not shit.

No you’re right he doesn’t use it in the same way as Nick, and his agility overshadows it to a certain degree too, with him often using a quick change of direction rather than burning off his opponent like his brother to shake them. But he can, and has in the past put on the jets to get free of his man with ball in hand. It probably doesn’t help that his running style is quite laconic too, especially compared to Nicks manic running.

North may only be a few top experienced players away from pressing finals over the next 2 seasons.
They have some incredible kids coming through and possibly more this trade period.
Yes there is no need for the continual bagging of umpires, commentators, opposition players and supporters. Worst part of football.

Game day top speed results throw up some surprising names. I tend to think that most players don't go for long enough straight line sprints to hit their top speed very often, which is at about the 40 metre mark in a 100 metre race.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back