List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Curious. Before we had the fire sale on Adz Treloar, Flip, Stevenson, Atu and then Grundy. Who was at the helm for those contracts with us? Was it Pert?

If so, looks like he followed suit at Dees with Clarry and Trac with big long term deals.

Guess it’s relative when they are marquee players. But if something blows up….

How do we manage to 'play hardball" over Noble to get this pick 13 when GC knows we are going to be desperate AF to get it. Hard to threaten to keep Noble when its clear to everyone we really really need that pick. I can see us overpaying for it. The icing on the cake will then be that Houston still wants Carlton then they relent on the stance of not trading this years R1.

How do we manage to 'play hardball" over Noble to get this pick 13 when GC knows we are going to be desperate AF to get it. Hard to threaten to keep Noble when its clear to everyone we really really need that pick. I can see us overpaying for it. The icing on the cake will then be that Houston still wants Carlton then they relent on the stance of not trading this years R1.
Don’t worry about it. We got a guy with no experience dealing with it.

We got this

Houston could play the role he plays until 34/35

We get atleast 6 good years out of him.

Pick 13 will be in our system for 4 years and delisted.

I think the objection people have is to paying an F1 along with Noble to get 13.

If it were;
F2 and Noble to GC for 13, and then
13 and Richards to Port for Houston

I reckon most could get behind that.

SUNS PICK CENTRAL TO HOUSTON CALL​

GOLD Coast's call on pick 13 could hold the key to Dan Houston's hopes of returning to Victoria as the Suns weigh hot interest in the selection.

Collingwood and Carlton are among the pack of clubs fiercely chasing the pick, which Gold Coast has up for grabs given if it keeps the selection a bid will come on Academy prospect Leo Lombard.

The Magpies are trying to attain pick 13 as part of the John Noble deal, but that would likely require Collingwood giving back a strong future pick, such as its 2025 first-round selection.

Their interest in Houston has remained strong since their meeting with the Port half-back last month and with forward Joe Richards looking more likely to take up the Power's offer, could look to combine the selection and Richards to send for Houston.

Carlton is attempting to get the Suns' pick using at least its future first-round pick, with the Blues then wanting to pass it on to Port in a deal for Houston. That alone would not get a deal done with the Power, who are happy to keep Houston in 2025 if a suitable trade cannot be reached.

North Melbourne's future first-round pick has also been put up for trade for Houston, with the Kangaroos offering a five-year deal for the dual All-Australian.

Melbourne has its future first-round pick on the table for the Suns' selection as well, while Sydney has looked at packaging its first-round picks to move up the board. The Giants, now armed with picks 15, 16 and 21, could also look to shift up the board while the Western Bulldogs are another club to have been linked with the selection.

The Dogs also met with Houston last month in his round of catch-ups with Victorian clubs and have been keen on the damaging playmaker.

DEE STILL ON PIE RADAR

COLLINGWOOD remains a potential landing spot for out-of-contract key defender Adam Tomlinson.

The 31-year-old hasn’t received another deal at Melbourne and is assessing his options after struggling for senior opportunities again in 2024.

Tomlinson is keen to continue his AFL career for a 14th season in 2025 and has received some interest from the Magpies, who have been in the market for a key defender and tried to lure Mark Keane back to the club before he signed a three-year extension at Adelaide.
Collingwood is looking for greater key defensive coverage behind Darcy Moore, Jeremy Howe and Billy Frampton, following the retirement of Nathan Murphy. Charlie Dean is yet to re-sign, Josh Eyre is without a contract, while there has been some consideration to retaining Reef McInnes and transforming him into a defender.

St Kilda considered Tomlinson before re-signing Dougal Howard, while Gold Coast has also maintained a level of interest in the former Giant.
Tomlinson has played 45 games for Melbourne across five seasons, after moving from Greater Western Sydney at the end of 2019 following 140 appearances in orange.

The Magpies signed unrestricted free agent Harry Perryman when free agency opened on Friday morning and remain active behind the scenes ahead of the deadline.

Collingwood could sign Tomlinson as a delisted free agent in November when that window opens.
Who wrote this dumb shit? Apparently the pies need to give up Noble and our future first for 13 but Carlton are attempting to secure it with their future first?

Surely if the Houston link is real there’ll be a bit of a 3 club sing-a-long between the Suns, Pies and Port.

The pieces seem to lining up, Lukosis wants port, Noble wants the suns, Richards (maybe) wants Port and Houston to the Pies. There’s a way all these pieces slide together if it comes to it I’m sure, unlocking it at the trade table is the difficult bit!

Curious. Before we had the fire sale on Adz Treloar, Flip, Stevenson, Atu and then Grundy. Who was at the helm for those contracts with us? Was it Pert?

If so, looks like he followed suit at Dees with Clarry and Trac with big long term deals.

Guess it’s relative when they are marquee players. But if something blows up….
That was the Anderson era. Pert’s fingerprints were all over the Cloke contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who wrote this dumb shit? Apparently the pies need to give up Noble and our future first for 13 but Carlton are attempting to secure it with their future first?

As are Melbourne!

The article rightly points out that 13 alone wouldn’t get the deal done.

I think 13 and Richards is a good starting point seeing as Port have targeted him (and have already missed out on a few targets).

It’s more about what we have to give up for 13.

13 and a fringe player is a bloody insane deal to get an AA star like Houston

I get it.

I just feel we’re getting reamed if Dan Rioli is worth #6, but we have to throw in an F1 with Noble to net #13. It’s BS.

How do we manage to 'play hardball" over Noble to get this pick 13 when GC knows we are going to be desperate AF to get it. Hard to threaten to keep Noble when it’s clear to everyone we really really need that pick. I can see us overpaying for it. The icing on the cake will then be that Houston still wants Carlton then they relent on the stance of not trading this years R1.
Think about it this way. If all the deals fall over around Noble and Houston who loses most? It’s the Suns because Collingwood are fine with keeping Noble, Port fine with Houston and GC loses the pick to a Lombard bid. And **** Carlton.

Think about it this way. If all the deals fall over around Noble and Houston who loses most? It’s the Suns because Collingwood are fine with keeping Noble, Port fine with Houston and GC loses the pick to a Lombard bid. And **** Carlton.
That is all true. Especially the last little bit. I just hope we don't get caught up in the moment and pay too much

I mean, the Suns will inevitably trade 13 for something to avoid it being eaten, but that aside you’re right. The Suns are the ones who end up losing the player they want while we and Port retain players we’d like to keep. I think having Noble as their target definitely puts us in the box seat for a deal on 13.

I wasn't going to let myself get excited about the prospect of Houston but can't help myself now that its gaining more and more traction. As a Supercoach player I've watched him closely in his All Australian seasons and he is an absolute gun. He'd transform our ability to rebound and launch attacks from our backline. Opposition coaches would be moronic if they didn't put a lot of defensive attention on him. So in that sense if also excites me how much just his presence on the field would free up other players to elevate their games.

Please make it happen. I don't care that this is a strong draft. Our time to win is now. We'll deal with the consequences of the dearth of young talent when it eventuates.
Would be great to not worry about our dodgy kick ins anymore. :thumbsu:

B: Brayden Maynard - Billy Frampton - Jeremy Howe
HB: Dan Houston - Darcy Moore - Isaac Quaynor
C: Josh Daicos - Nick Daicos - Jack Crisp
HF: Lachie Schultz - Brody Mihocek - Bobby Hill
F: Jamie Elliott - Dan McStay - Beau McCreery
R: Darcy Cameron - Jordan De Goey - Harry Perryman
I: Scott Pendlebury - Will Hoskin-Elliott - Mason Cox - Ed Allan
Sub: Patrick Lipinski

E from: Steele Sidebottom - Adam Tomlinson - Harry DeMattia - Reef McInnes - Jakob Ryan - Tew Jiath - Charlie Dean

One can dream

Didn’t think of it like that. But yeah GC have the most to lose. Perhaps more than us & blues after that pick though?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back