List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Commenting on Mitchell in isolation ignores the thrust of the point
No it doesn’t, it’s just pointing out that you’ve provided an extremely poor example to try to make your point.

So are you saying to Membrey - “McStay and Brodie are bound to get injured so your time will come”
I’m tipping his response “is thanks but no thanks”.

They call all play if they're good enough.

You say to Membrey - "hey mate you train hard you play round 1"

If Membrey (or anyone) just assumes they play they're not hungry enough and don't recruit them. Everyone needs to feel competition for places so they keep hungry. O Henry was the same - he wasn't hungry enough to play for his spot just wanted it handed to him.

Did you see how many injuries we had last year? We wish we had another couple forwards to call upon.

The other posters trade strategy was "do nothing, let's hope" - yeah that will get us ahead of 17 other teams

Putting any deal for Houston aside perhaps something like this could be realistically achievable.

Future 1st, 36 for GC pick 13. Teams have paid a future 2nd to move up the order by just a few spots on draft night. It wont be a straight swap for us IMO has GC will have to many suitors.

Noble, 51, 54 for GC pick 23, 29. If GC don't deal on pick 13 then we ask for 23 and 29 straight up on Noble.

Richards for PA 39. Is he staying or going? Who knows after the comments by Fly last night. He's OOC and played 9 games so be thankful if we land something inside the "2nd" round.

Potentially go to draft with 13, 23, 29 and 39.

We can't make sure Mihocek and McStay play together because they're constantly injured.
Your post is purely on hope and do nothing.
We must find an alternate good option - we can't sit still.
I don't mind going after someone cheap as chips like Membery as a minimum.
Mihocek is not constantly injured. He hurt his pectoral muscle which is easily completely recoverable from. It’s fine to suggest we need membrey but don’t make up lies to suit your argument. Mihocek has been one of the most durable players on our list for a long time.

If you are going to be an arrogant campaigner about it, please dont bother engaging in any further dialogue with me.
Pretty sure I’ve been perfectly reasonable in my responses. Sorry if that irritates you, no need for name calling.

Mihocek is not constantly injured. He hurt his pectoral muscle which is easily completely recoverable from. It’s fine to suggest we need membrey but don’t make up lies to suit your argument. Mihocek has been one of the most durable players on our list for a long time.
He spent significant amounts of time on the sidelines this year with soft tissue injuries, only managing 11 games. Wouldn’t be as big of a concern if they were impact injuries but when you’re 31 (32 in Feb) and suddenly you’re missing half a season due to muscle tears it starts to become a concern.

First step , as stated above is to get GCS first pick (Noble and Future second).

We already know that Port are red hot for Richards so we parlay Pick 13 and Richards into, hopefully, Houston.

Would certainly obtain Tomlinson (UFA) in November- he has the versatility that McRae loves- tall wingman, Blackman and can play forward if needed.

We can't make sure Mihocek and McStay play together because they're constantly injured.
Your post is purely on hope and do nothing.
We must find an alternate good option - we can't sit still.
I don't mind going after someone cheap as chips like Membery as a minimum.

Your post is purely on speculation that both are going to have a wretched run with injury in 2025. Mihocek injury was a ruptured pec, which in terms of injury, is a pretty unlucky one to suffer, and McStay did an ACL, which he has made a successful return.
It's not like their both like Tom Lynch and continually suffer from hamstring or soft tissue injuries....

First step , as stated above is to get GCS first pick (Noble and Future second).

We already know that Port are red hot for Richards so we parlay Pick 13 and Richards into, hopefully, Houston.

Would certainly obtain Tomlinson (UFA) in November- he has the versatility that McRae loves- tall wingman, Blackman and can play forward if needed.

Tomlinson is white lol jokes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He spent significant amounts of time on the sidelines this year with soft tissue injuries, only managing 11 games. Wouldn’t be as big of a concern if they were impact injuries but when you’re 31 (32 in Feb) and suddenly you’re missing half a season due to muscle tears it starts to become a concern.
The pec injury is a contact injury. It was one hamstring strain that he tried to come back too early from. It happens with players of all ages - too early to read anything into it yet.

1st rounder and sweetener for Bailey Smith covers the midfield and any players that might drop off with Macrea and Allan to press.

Big big big offer for RFA Todd Marshall to avoid giving up picks, just turned 25, 198cm, almost 2 goal ave, would be the perfect pick up.

That would round us out providing Dean or Eyre comes good as a key defender to cover Howe if he drops off or if we lose Murphy.
Oscar Allen would be the one to target. One more head knock and Marshall is done

Well many reasons for me.

1. Houston is a very good player but he doesnt address a need. Sure he is a gun, but we already have very good half back flankers

2. Having said that, Id happily take him if he was a free agent, but he is not - He will be expensive, will cost multiple early picks.

3. Because he is expensive it means we wont be able to address the areas on the list that are a need: Key position players and midfielders

4. Trading away multiple early picks is a perfectly good strategy for a team genuinely in the premiership window. We just finished ninth with an ageing list. Key players in our flag year like Pendles Sidey and Crisp had pretty mediocre years by their high standards. The team spluttered and had an inability to play 4 quarters. Sure their were some great quarters, but few great games. it’s possible we bounce back, I hope we bounce back, but with a surplus of veterans who are likely to get worse and a lack of quality kids, it’s very unlikely in my view. We really run the risk of being like Hawthorn trading for JOM and Mitchell or Richmond trading for Hopper and Taranto, selling the future for the mirage of one last crack…

He does actually. Josh Daicos had to be moved to HBF late this year to help our offensive transition because Noble and Markov each had issues. Houston is arguably the best HBF in terms of offensive transition with his run and disposal. Allows Josh to go back to the wing were he managed to snare a Copeland and AA honors in 2023. Houston is also a better 1v1 defender than all of Noble, Markov and Jaicos so you you improve defensive capacity of the back 6.

He spent significant amounts of time on the sidelines this year with soft tissue injuries, only managing 11 games. Wouldn’t be as big of a concern if they were impact injuries but when you’re 31 (32 in Feb) and suddenly you’re missing half a season due to muscle tears it starts to become a concern
Of the 12 games he missed, seven were due to the freak pectoral muscle injury that’s unlikely to recur.

I think it was reasonable for me to push back on the posters “ always injured” line.

All our older players of course are at increasing injury risk but I don’t think Brody is any higher risk than his peers.

Although a pectoral muscle is soft tissue, it’s a highly unusual injury that will not likely ever happen again.
Hamstrings, calves etc are more of a concern for a big guy of his age but I expect that accounted for missing only half a dozen games this year.
If he misses 12 games or more next season due to hammies, then you will have accurately predicted his demise a year earlier.
However, unless I’m mistaken, you have correctly highlighted how he never did hammies before this year though.

He does actually. Josh Daicos had to be moved to HBF late this year to help our offensive transition because Noble and Markov each had issues. Houston is arguably the best HBF in terms of offensive transition with his run and disposal. Allows Josh to go back to the wing were he managed to snare a Copeland and AA honors in 2023. Houston is also a better 1v1 defender than all of Noble, Markov and Jaicos so you you improve defensive capacity of the back 6.
Great points.
I’d argue Houston is much more effective than Josh at half back.
So not only would we gain in that position of the ground, it would release Josh to play in his most damaging position on a wing where he won a Copeland.

Mate the guy played 23 and 24 games in 2022 and 2023. He has one season, where he had a significant injury in, with the ruptured pec, and we want to classify him as a regular on the sidelines, lol....
He played 11 games this season for 32 shots on goal. We missed him badly this season, and he has now had practically half a season off, which l think gave him time to rest his body, and l think will hold him in good stead going forward....

Mate the guy played 23 and 24 games in 2022 and 2023. He has one season, where he had a significant injury in, with the ruptured pec, and we want to classify him as a regular on the sidelines, lol....
He played 11 games this season for 32 shots on goal. We missed him badly this season, and he has now had practically half a season off, which l think gave him time to rest his body, and l think will hold him in good stead going forward....
Chill, I didn’t say he was actually injury prone, just that he had some soft tissue injuries this year which could be a concern.
Never said he was a regular on the sidelines, that was someone else.

I dunno b too much anout this part if the game, so twll me if im off the track here.

If we want Houston we have to trade gold. Noble is good, a c who plays like a b , Richards is a nice prospect. They don't get us halfway. You can't stack up you 20th and 25th best player and be like "eh that's close to our 10th best".

We want the AA halfback, we need to trade out a high b player minimum to sweeten our picks because our picks are terrible.

There's a bunch who are too old to trade.

Theres Daicos who is too good to trade.

Too damaging to trade the captain.

So it has to be someone like Darcy Cameron or Maynard, an actual quality player. Not sure Quaynor gets it done, or Beau.

I don't want to lose any of those but I feel like to get the deal done we will have to trade out someone really good.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back