List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

There goes Kane again..

Wondering how we're the front runner for Houston lol

Maaaaaaaan he's salty

Not listening.... was it a genuine how, or genuine why?

I'm expecting him to really rally together our Collingwood-supporting "don't trade another first rounder" brigade this week.

There goes Kane again..

Wondering how we're the front runner for Houston lol

Maaaaaaaan he's salty

He is saying now if we don’t win the flag in 2025 our strategy has failed.
Makes it hard for him to lose this argument
Have always wondered why never praises Fly as a coach. Maybe goes back to their playing days ?
Mission accomplished again 😉

I’m for trading Joe if it helps us land pick 13 and Houston but I do think Joe has a ton of upside. He had injuries at the start of this season and later in the year and was still able to perform after limited preparation. I think he has a heap of improvement in him with a couple of big AFL pre seasons.

I’m for trading Joe if it helps us land pick 13 and Houston but I do think Joe has a ton of upside. He had injuries at the start of this season and later in the year and was still able to perform after limited preparation. I think he has a heap of improvement in him with a couple of big AFL pre seasons.

I like Joe and have always said I hope we keep him

But if he helps land us Houston? I'd begrudgingly accept

Who is Lord that keeps bobbing up? What sort of player is he?
Raw, competitive, big KPF and one of the worst set shots in the league. He’s not someone we should have an interest in for the price tag Port will place on him. I’m a Max Ramsden fan for that role, but it doesn’t seem that there’s anything there yet on him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My favourite part about trade period is when people reply to a post from ten pages ago with a joke that fifteen other people have already made since 😂
It’s the ultimate rookie mistake! This thread moves way to fast to be a smart arse or correct people without checking first.

If we sell the farm for Houston, I don't want to hear anyone complaining about our lack of youth when we have blew it away in a strong draft for the sake of 1 player and then draft some kids in the pick 50's.
It's all good Jen, it's bigfooty you'll always get complaining

I liked how he referred to Perryman as a fringe player at the Giants. Perryman has played 43 senior games just in the past two seasons 🤣🤣.
I'm sure Korn would be speaking differently about Perryman had he joined Port....
I wonder if Kane would refer to Willem Drew as a fringe player

Just got a message from a friend close to Richards.. The trade request has been put in.

Chris Davies speaking on Radio the other day, pretty much labeled him as depth.. with SPP coming back too.. I don't think it's smart by Richards, but enjoy Joey.
I doubt he will be depth at Port.
I'd expect him to be in their starting 22, and that is what they would have sold him on.

Davies is just trying to talk his value down.

You've got your timeframes out, as Cornes did with Richmond.

We might be shit in 2027, but if we are it won't be because of who we're adding now.

It’s a combination of who’s being added past present and future.

We’ve got a large number of players who are due to leave us prior to 2027 - both those who are currently 31+ as well as those who are currently fringe and unlikely to be with us long term.

How are we going to replace them all?

Perryman is one replacement.
Let’s assume McGuane is another
Let’s assume for the purpose of the exercise Houston is another
Let’s also assume HDM, TJ, Allan, Smidt and Parker develop and become solid citizens.
Let’s also assume Harrison makes a good recovery from his ACL.
Let’s also assume we don’t have any more major injuries.

So even under very optimistic assumptions that’s still not nearly enough.

We don’t have much in the way of draft capital this year to pick up much.

We won’t have much in the way of draft capital next year to pick much up either (we would have spent that getting Houston and points for McGuane)

And unless we get our hands on another Nick Daicos, whoever we pick up in the 2026 draft isn’t going to contribute much to 2027.

I’m curious to see how we make it work.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back