List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

The panic merchants really come out the woodwork this time of year. I hoped we would have grown out of the days when we shit ourselves and cost us flags by panicking over taking blokes like Lockett and Quinlan. This is 2024 and things are completely different these days. Back the club in when it comes to our list, we have a good bunch of people, who know what their doing. Let them do what they do best
Yeah, like we did in 1991 and 2011 when we self destructed by expecting the club to make sound decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No No No GIF

List bosses will start arriving at Marvel from 11am.

Reckon if Hutchy had his way, these blokes would march in with outfits on under spotlights.

I'm genuinely intrigued to see how Leppa handles the media. Historically we haven't cared much for addressing the media at these days but Wright was a breath of fresh air for those of us craving content and insight.

Youā€™re right, weā€™re ****ed and shouldnā€™t try anything!

(1) I want to understand it.

If somebody said ā€œHey ā€˜76, thereā€™s a secret AFL Commission plan where theyā€™re changing the game to 12 a side, and will cut list sizes down to 30ā€ ā€¦

ā€¦ it would then all make sense and Iā€™d be all good.

(2) I like to manage expectations.

2022 was the most enjoyable AFL season - by far. We had finished 17th the previous season. New coach. Expectations were zero.

And then we go and win the 2023 Premiership and we now start expecting a dynasty from a Dadā€™a army of 30+ players?

Look at how Carlton got to where they are today - expecting they can win a Premiership every season by taking short cuts. Essendon are even more tragic - expecting they can make finals every season by taking short cuts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez it'd be a shame if Blues missed out at the last moment because of us...

Hee hee hee.

Let's see how it pans out but yeah how good does this sound for 2025 and beyond! A shame Joe couldn't stick around, but good on him for securing his career.

We need to wake up to ourselves here. A Dan Houston isn't going to deliver us a premiership. Drafting high delivers you a premiership. Look at Brisbane. The difference between last year and this year was Ashcroft and Lohman. Those sorts of players deliver you premierships. While Dan Houston would be handy, the price we pay is far too high for someone who isn't a match winning mid. Perryman will be handy. He will play as a defensive mid mainly off the half back line. That will solve the Murphy issue. Shultz really is just a replacement for Elliot. We should never have given away a first round draft pick for him. We have brazenly given away too many high draft picks and those we used mostly have been poor choices. That's why we're precariously positioned over the edge of a cliff and about to fall over, like Richmond have, unless we find replacements in the midfield for Pendlebury, Sidebottom and Mitchell.
Twenty years of drafting high hasnā€™t delivered Premierships to Carlton - only wooden spoons.

So with Joe officially requesting a trade, the first piece of the Houston puzzle is put in place

It's genuinely sad to lose Richards (I personally prefer him over Schultz), but if it means getting Houston then it's ultimately for the best

The reality is, without Nick Daicos we wouldnā€™t have won last yearā€™s premiership. Thatā€™s drafting high. You can fluke it once in a while, like we did with Dane Swan, but otherwise itā€™s those draft picks between one and 10 that deliver you a premiership.
You mean our father-son selection, which had no relation to our draft hand whatsoever?

(1) I want to understand it.

If somebody said ā€œHey ā€˜76, thereā€™s a secret AFL Commission plan where theyā€™re changing the game to 12 a side, and will cut list sizes down to 30ā€ ā€¦

ā€¦ it would then all make sense and Iā€™d be all good.

(2) I like to manage expectations.

2022 was the most enjoyable AFL season - by far. We had finished 17th the previous season. New coach. Expectations were zero.

And then we go and win the 2023 Premiership and we now start expecting a dynasty from a Dadā€™a army of 30+ players?

Look at how Carlton got to where they are today - expecting they can win a Premiership every season by taking short cuts. Essendon are even more tragic - expecting they can make finals every season by taking short cuts.
This x100.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back