List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

He needs to stop falling over

That’s a killer at this level
That and fumbling are the two single worst traits in the game. You can get away with losing your footing at VFL level as a KPD against 18-19yo’s and 188cm KPF’s because the ball doesn’t come in as quick or as clean. At the top level when you’re standing next to Hogan, Curnow, Larkey or Cameron and you aren’t athletically gifted, tall and go to ground what have you got?..

The average career is only 3-5 years and with many draft picks, even high ones, they quite often don’t make it at all so I can’t see anything wrong with recruiting established 25-27 year old who will improve us straight away.

I literally said in that post that he is a VFL player at best, based on his performance and comparison to players he defended in the AFL. He could grab 30 marks against anyone in the VFL for all I care. He can't do it in the AFL against AFL level competition. And there's several games and evidence of that.

And my definition of challenge the ball in the air is about preventing his direct man from getting marks or touching the ball first while ball is in the the air. So marking uncontested doesn't count.

Look at Howe, Murphy and Moore.

Those 3 repeatedly contest ball in the air well. Howe and Murphy elite in the league.

With that said, many good defenders don't have to contest marks to be good. They will need to be good at reading the plays and intercept inside 50 entries or tackle players. Dean has failed to show enough in this categories also.

He's bad.

And it would need a 180 degree turn around for him to be good enough to help Pies in a finals setting. He is a liability.
Or perhaps you're not a great judge of horse flesh, if he's as bad as you say he'll be delisted but if he isn't then I guess you'll just have to be wrong.

The average career is only 3-5 years and with many draft picks, even high ones, they quite often don’t make it at all so I can’t see anything wrong with recruiting established 25-27 year old who will improve us straight away.
There’s a former pick 6 from 2020 draft who may be delisted that we could grab for the minimum (as I mentioned above)

Or perhaps you're not a great judge of horse flesh, if he's as bad as you say he'll be delisted but if he isn't then I guess you'll just have to be wrong.
Do you honestly think that making it to this point in the year without a contract in front of him indicates the club thinks he's an AFL quality player?

Does he leave the Dogs? I don’t think so. He’ll be a part of their future mid rotation as we’ve seen this year. Libba and Ads are nearing the end so he’ll be replacing them.

Don’t get me wrong I’d love him at the Pies. Great player
He is Collingwood royalty and hopefully would love to come home

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cornes has realised that the bigger the statements the bigger the attention and headline

He’s just an opinionated entertainer not a serious research journalist
He does his job well.
What he doesn’t do well is commmetate during game day. Would be the absolute worst game day commentator the game has seen. He fumbles his words and lack clarity. He can’t think quickly, gets confused and adds no value to the commentary team.

Also doesn’t do nearly enough research before the game. How they allow him to sit in the commentary box is perplexing.

He does his job well.
What he doesn’t do well is commmetate during game day. Would be the absolute worst game day commentator the game has seen. He fumbles his words and lack clarity. He can’t think quickly, gets confused and adds no value to the commentary team.

Also doesn’t do nearly enough research before the game. How they allow him to sit in the commentary box is perplexing.
Nup, the one who came out with “the orange team” is the worst caller ever

Kane is not completely wrong, I agree that Houston and Perryman will be the new senior players when all of our veterans retire which is important. But our youth is average at best, and we have one of the oldest lists in the competition. I find it strange that so many people think our youth is elite.

That and fumbling are the two single worst traits in the game. You can get away with losing your footing at VFL level as a KPD against 18-19yo’s and 188cm KPF’s because the ball doesn’t come in as quick or as clean. At the top level when you’re standing next to Hogan, Curnow, Larkey or Cameron and you aren’t athletically gifted, tall and go to ground what have you got?..
hopefully very very long arms.....so you can touch the ball whilst standing the mark.

Kane is not completely wrong, I agree that Houston and Perryman will be the new senior players when all of our veterans retire which is important. But our youth is average at best, and we have one of the oldest lists in the competition. I find it strange that so many people think our youth is elite.
Nick is elite

It’s not elite but it’s unknown to a degree.
Age demographics change quickly.
A few retirements and the average age would drop significantly

If the Hawks delist Denver Granger-Barass, I’d pick him up on minimum chips for depth and see if MaCrae can turn him into something other than a pumpkin.
If we no longer want to give opportunities to Fin Macrae and there's some minor interest from Essendon, I'd try trade Fin to Ess for chips and open up his list spot to pick up DGB as a DFA on whatever is passed on from Ess. Effectively upgrade our 2020 pick 19 to pick 6 and at least develop another slow burn kid in a greater position of need.

Should be balancing both.
I think that is contextual. A contending list with young talent guaranteed through other pathways (long-term deals for our young players + a highly touted F-S recruit coming through) should absolutely prioritise high level talent at the expense of draft capital

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back