List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the real story in this whole thing is that there's potential the Suns will become actively involved in the Houston trade to dish off Lukosius for fair value. Leppa even said yesterday that GCS could maybe end up involved in any Houston trade.
I think this is it. They want to be involved in the Houston deal so that they can maximise their deals. Both for Lukosius and pick 13. Can exert more pressure if they're one of the required dominoes.

Jeez Ralphy is desperately trying to will this fantasy of his in to existence isn’t he?
Why the f*** would GC deal their pick based on where Houston wants to go? That’s completely irrelevant to them in the context of their deal for pick 13 unless it becomes a 3 way deal with Port.

L
If we can get 13, 23 and 29 for Noble and our future first then that is a good deal
I Hope Please GIF

I can't remember a trade conversation this weird.

Normally a player nominates a club so it takes away the debate but what on earth is this?

Is it Carlton taking "Houston will happily play for Carlton next year if that's the way it falls" as "Houston wants to play for the Blues" or something?
The whole issue with the Carlton part of Ralph's story is what else can they offer? If they go all in on 13 and take 12 to the draft, all they'll have to add to it is the scraps they get if they trade Owies and Kennedy. Why would Port trade a contracted star for that? Are they going to sell Cerra? They'll need to find the rest of the Houston price somehow.

So anyway, who are we playing off the half back line in Round 1 in the absence of Noble and Houston?

Houston still has to serve a week's suspension 😉
Parker?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jon Ralph needs to stop speaking immediately.

Oh. My. God.

You can tell he's desperately trying to generate clicks for his article. His latest tweet about our list age compared to Carlton is absolutely... odd to say the least.

Do these journos get paid commission for more views? I suspect they definitely do.

I can't believe he types this stuff with a straight face given all of our finals and prelim appearances over the past decade. Not to mention a flag last year.

You can tell he's desperately trying to generate clicks for his article. His latest tweet about our list age compared to Carlton is absolutely... odd to say the least.

Do these journos get paid commission for more views? I suspect they definitely do.

I can't believe he types this stuff with a straight face given all of our finals and prelim appearances over the past decade. Not to mention a flag last year.

I'm not sure about commission but there's definitely incentives (whether directly financial or otherwise) for increasing engagement.

Needs to be a bit of posturing. Collingwood give Gold Coast Noble, F1 and 36 and get back from Gold Coast: 13, 23 and 29. Pick 13, 23 or 29 and Richards . Does that leave us enough for McGuane next year? Hopefully we can get a future 2nd or third back somewhere along the lines.
I don't think we'll get 29 as well as 23. I think it'd be one or the other.

The whole issue with the Carlton part of Ralph's story is what else can they offer? If they go all in on 13 and take 12 to the draft, all they'll have to add to it is the scraps they get if they trade Owies and Kennedy. Why would Port trade a contracted star for that?
Are Carlton not offering pick 13 (should they get it) plus F1?

Even if they are I'd be a bit annoyed as Port. Give us pick 12 and F1, then go and find another pick if you want, don't make us wait.

Houston really does look like the rare case of a player willing to allow a bidding process, rather than nominating a club. Melbourne was supposedly almost assured, then Carlton, now possibly Pies. It's a good thing for Port and, I think, good thing for the comp to see more contested deals. Not great that we have to be involved in it as the potential buying club though 😅.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back