List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

So who's going to be the surprise trade out this year?
One we don't know about.
Place your bets lads.
Gotta have something to fill in time.

Fin Macrae. Surely he sees the writing on the wall. Couldn’t get a game at season’s end, Allan now preferred, Mitchell and DeGoey back and Perryman recruited. He’s no chance to play seniors with us in 2025 ahead of that lot, so best to look elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Fin Macrae. Surely he sees the writing on the wall. Couldn’t get a game at season’s end, Allan now preferred, Mitchell and DeGoey back and Perryman recruited. He’s no chance to play seniors with us in 2025 ahead of that lot, so best to look elsewhere.

He def would've seen the writing on the wall after we got Perryman.

One we don't know about.
Place your bets lads.

Adams to come back to us as a salary dump with Sydney giving up a future 2nd which will be needed as the tipping point to GC for the Houston/Noble/Richards/Lukosious trade to fall into place.

Port fans are complaining why they aren't dealing with North instead of Collingwood.

The same poster as above shot them down saying that North offered the best compensation and the best dollars to Houston, however Houston himself said no!
Haha, they're sooking so much.

Blaming us for Richards being included in any trade deal as if it's us throwing him in as steak knives.

It's their club which offered Richards a 3/4 year contract before we even considered Houston a possibility 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blaming us for Richards being included in any trade deal as if it's us throwing him in as steak knives.

It's their club which offered Richards a 3/4 year contract before we even considered Houston a possibility 🤣
We've been very unfair in making them want Richards and making Houston want to play for us but not North. So underhanded.

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

Two big potential problems that I see.

1. GC will be after our future 1st and pick 36 for 13. It's basically the equivalent of the Carlton offer. If it ends up being one or both of our 3rd round selections we would have done well. We'd need to strongly argue 23 is giving them Noble for unders for this to be viable. Who blinks first?
2. Port will demand 13 and 23 for Houston as they should. I don't see a way a deal for Houston is done without us parting with 23.

I think we'll be doing well if Port are satisfied with 13 and 23 for Houston and trade 39 for Richards. I expect they'll still push for a discount on him also whatever that looks like.
By extension if we had to give up 39 to GC as part of the deal for 13 and retain 36 for ourselves this would be another small win (assuming we couldn't use 3rd round selections).

If Port were able to force something like pick 41 out of GC alongside Lukosious for their future 1st, then potentially when the paperwork is lodged in a 3 way trade, pick 41 never leads the hands of GC but it does pay for Richards for Port and by retaining pick 41 it's the 2nd round pick GC wanted in order to hand over 13 to us.

Assuming we couldn't get the deal done with our 3rd round selection/s there's only 90pts difference between 36 and 41.
I like your analytical work. However I was wondering if Gold Coast are reluctant to give up their Pick 23, then another possibility would to consider them giving up Pick 29 instead. Would that change the dynamics of this prospective trade for Noble? I suppose that it depends upon how determined are Collingwood to extract Pick 23 as opposed to Pick 29 from the Gold Coast. Anyway, we will see what unfolds over the next few days & then into next week finishing, I believe, at 7 PM next Wednesday, October 16. Goodnight & good luck.

I’m fine with trading aggressively and spending money - not sure how you concluded otherwise from my post - but two weeks of it is just so tiresome.

If the league gave clubs only three days, they’d still get it all done. They’d cut out the fluff and posturing and just get down to business. Instead it is drawn out to the point of tedium.

Mate, it's for ratings. You can largely ignore it it all until Tuesday of next week.

One we don't know about.
Place your bets lads.
De Goey.

For future picks and another good player under 25.

Then Pies package picks for Petraca next offseason, while getting another under 25 year old best 22 type.

Then offer a bag to a young KPF, perhaps that young athletic star from the Bulldogs... wink wink.

Pies are set for 10 years... the Daicos era.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back