List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Completely off topic by me, but in a time of year like this when we all go off topic mike sheehan was a great journalist.

Open Mike is still one of my favourite shows on tv.

Anyway back to all these trades coming through thick and fast 😉

It's funny, when I was younger and he would do something outrageous like not having Nathan Buckley #1 in his rankings, I seethed with anger and hated him.

Now, with grey hairs in my beard, experience in the industry and with almost two decades of enduring his replacement, my respect for him couldn't be greater.

The industry is desperately calling out for more like him.

Corn and Edmunds deserve all the criticism in the world. They've both shown how poor they are at their jobs over the past week. Pies fans need to double down and keep ripping in to them.
It's ironic he's calling footy fans petty with his whiny little defensive tweet 🤣

How juvenile for a supposed professional journalist.

So glad I'm not on twitter. Or X or whatever the fk that Musketeer calls it now.

I actually like the bias, if the person is actually aware of it and almost overt in their use of it.

Ian Smith is probably my fav sport commentator because when NZ play he applauds good play, but is so over the top one sided that it allows the rest of the commentary team to play on it.
it absolutely adds to the spectacle IMO.
The bias is nearly bearable when it’s obvious like ex players

But
Not when journos have agendas because of their bias and then try and deny it

There’s many ways to skin a cat and many ways to win a premiership. There’s one premiership between that list of players and that was this year. And in fact only two grand finals.
McStay, Mihocek, Elliott, Hill, Schultz and McCreery is an excellent forward line with WHE as an option and Nick and JDG likely to rotate through there.

And frankly giving your forwards the best chances trumps having the best forward line anyway.

A tall for the future would be nice, but I wouldn't be spending anything on the short term forward line.

The bias is nearly bearable when it’s obvious like ex players

But
Not when journos have agendas because of their bias and then try and deny it
Bolded is the reason everyone seems to take umbrage to it.

If they didn't hide it and even played on it, i wonder what the vitriol would be like then?

I'd actually love the AFL to experiment with playing it up more.
Cats vs pies....."Joel, you're on the cats tonight. Daisy you're on the Pies".
Declare it on air and have fun with it.

I reckon Houston will be done by end of Monday and the Baker/Smith trades are the ones that are gonna be the last minute on Wed
Same. There are too many dominoes to fall in regards to pick 13 for it to be intentionally dragged out until the last minute.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

KEY MEETINGS PAVE WAY FOR HOUSTON PIES MOVE
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/journalists/jon-ralph
Collingwood is still the resounding favourite to secure Dan Houston as it is urged to hand over pick 23 as well as No.13 to secure the dual All Australian Port Adelaide defender.
Carlton has now all but been ruled out of the race for Houston given its determination to return to the draft, with extensive meetings on Wednesday between Houston’s management, Port Adelaide and Collingwood.
North Melbourne is still in a distant second place but not officially out of the race given it is prepared to hand over a future first-rounder for Houston.

The 27-year-old is keen to play for Collingwood and if the Pies relent on some of their trade demands they will get that deal done by the end of the trade period.
Collingwood in box seat for Dan Houston
He has not officially declared he wants to play for the Pies given he needs to keep his options open but Collingwood is confident he is their preferred destination.
Collingwood would like to hand over John Noble and the Pies future first-rounder for Gold Coast’s picks 13 and 23, but the Suns are not happy with that deal.

In the end the Pies might have to hand over another later selection to get that deal done.
But if the Pies secured this year’s 13 and 23 they could hand them to the Power for Houston, who would accept that deal along with Collingwood’s Joe Richards.
So while the Pies might feel they are handing over too much for Houston, the net gain of their trade period would be securing two ready-made players while they were in the window.
They have secured GWS defender Harry Perryman as a free agent.

The Pies know their future first-rounder next year might start at pick 15 but be blown out by up to 10 spots given the avalanche of academy prospects which will be bid on by northern states clubs.
Clubs are already preparing for the academy prospects to dominate early selections given their strong form in recent national championships for the Allies side.

Cooney got the crayons out again

View attachment 2136876

"At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul"

Cooney got the crayons out again

View attachment 2136876
This is horrible even by Cooneys standards. Disregarding that he’s got Houston going to a club that’s not even in the conversation for him, having Port give up a contracted dual AA for a player that GC don’t even really want is just lol.

The Pies know their future first-rounder next year might start at pick 15 but be blown out by up to 10 spots given the avalanche of academy prospects which will be bid on by northern states clubs.
Clubs are already preparing for the academy prospects to dominate early selections given their strong form in recent national championships for the Allies side.
That is interesting.
I have 3-5 pushing into the first round depending upon their development.

I love how Ralph says we need to relent yet the Power need a first rounder in to get a contracted player out of the suns and the suns are trying to get a contracted player from us but they don’t need to do anything but squeeze us?

He’s become such a knob this trade period with his cheer leading

How does he keep a serious face when doing this, and even keep his job?

A lot of people on this forum would do a better job than him in the media, and no I am definitely not one of those people 😉
I honeslty think his whole angle is to be the jester of the media.

I love how Ralph says we need to relent yet the Power need a first rounder in to get a contracted player out of the suns and the suns are trying to get a contracted player from us but they don’t need to do anything but squeeze us?

He’s become such a knob this trade period with his cheer leading

No, Ralph was already on the podium when it keeps to being a gigantic knob. It's just been the astounding performances from Edmo and Corn that have allowed Ralph to fly under the radar.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back