List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Keeping him would be an inconvenience, not terrible. At the end of the day they can afford his salary as it’s still short term and won’t bust their cap.
It’s a good time for them to sell as he has value still and yes, his salary off the books is also helpful, if not an absolute necessity.
You can keep calling it a salary dump if it makes you feel better but at the end of the day you were basically saying a week ago that GC were going to give him away for a packet of chips as a proper salary dump, and you were clearly wrong about it. So I guess you can stay and die on your hill if you want, but it won’t stop you being wr-wr-wrong about it.
How am I clearly wrong at this stage? Because an article mentioned a future first? Your desperation to be right and me to be wrong is a wee bit nuts if you're declaring same strange victory based on a trade week speculative article.

I think a future first for him and 29 sounds about right. We got something for both Treloar and Grundys salary dumps, but not what we would have without their over-priced contracts. Getting something for talented players doesn't stop it being a salary dump.

I don't think they've got much chance of getting an outright future first in a straight swap. But I think it'll be part of a 3 way deal, so we'll never know what the Lukosius part would have been in isolation.

There's a fair chance I'm wrong, but if I was GC, gettng Lukosius off the books would be priority 1. Drafting talent isn't going to be their issue, paying and keeping it is. So I think they'll be delighted if the clear him off the books and I think that's the only reason why they care about the relationship between 13 and Houston.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

IMG_3314.gif

Late edit: Props to Josewales… OG.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:

Agreed. My post was that Gold Coast only need to offer a suitable draft pick for Noble. They don’t have to entertain their 13 for our F1.
Either 23 or 29 for noble is fair.

If I was them, I’d trade 13 to Melbourne for their F1 & 28. That’s much better for GC……not us.
That would be the case if they thought the Pies are likely to finish much higher than Melbourne.

then they need to be satisfied with Port’s 2025 1st, because I can’t see any other way Port can get into the 1st round in 2024 without trading Houston.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they’re chasing a contracted player and the club he’s being traded from stipulates that a certain pick needs to be a part of the deal, then yeah they do have to entertain that if they actually want their targeted player.

Pulling the rug out and trading a pick a club wants during negotiations would be incredibly poor form and discourage other clubs from dealing with GC in good faith in the future.

If trading 13 for a better deal was a genuine consideration for GC they’d have already done it by this point, but here they are still negotiating with the pies.
Maybe poor form, but they wouldn’t be the first club. Happens every trade period. It’s a dog eat dog world.
Again, they don’t have to entertain anything, they may not get noble as a result, but they still don’t have to entertain a trade of a F1 for their pick 13 and just say, we’ll just do a trade for Noble at market rates.

Maybe poor form, but they wouldn’t be the first club. Happens every trade period. It’s a dog eat dog world.
Again, they don’t have to entertain anything, they may not get noble as a result, but they still don’t have to entertain a trade of a F1 for their pick 13 and just say, we’ll just do a trade for Noble at market rates.
I mean by that logic we don’t have to deal with them at all either, but in the real world these things do matter and clubs will generally try to work in the best interests of the player they’ve worked so hard to lure over under contract.

The whole point of the points system was to try to make FS and Academy bid matching fairer but in the process they made it less fair, hence the points value system being reworked for next year because clubs were turning absolute shit in to gold.
Do you honestly believe clubs will sit in at a negotiation and get offered a couple of crap lower picks for a player and then be satisfied because the points add up to a first rounder? Or are they going to completely ignore the points value and say “we’re probably a less than 30% chance of getting a best 22 player out of this and less than 5% chance of getting a player as good as we’re losing out of these crappy picks. This is not a fair trade.”

Points value is only relevant if the club you’re dealing with needs the points. Otherwise it’s an irrelevant system. It’s honestly astonishing that you genuinely think that I’m the one here who can’t get my head around this.
Every year...

So to date we have three off our list, gained one.

How many more are likely to be delisted or go? Nobel possibly at this stage.

What other names are being floated?

Final list are to be submitted by 31 October.
Leppa was pretty delayed in mentioning Bytel as being in a holding pattern during his interview yesterday compared to the others. So I reckon he's as good as gone.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back