List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I probably wouldn’t do it in isolation.

If we got Houston though and had that significantly bolstering the defence then I’d pull the trigger on it.

In what universe do we get Houston and still have the currency for Petracca?

Personally I'd rather keep IQ and get Houston than trade IQ and every bit of currency we can muster for Petracca.

Houston can be a difference maker for less cost than Petracca and when you factor in Perryman the Petracca dream can wait for 12 months.

In what universe do we get Houston and still have the currency for Petracca?

Personally I'd rather keep IQ and get Houston than trade IQ and every bit of currency we can muster for Petracca.

Houston can be a difference maker for less cost than Petracca and when you factor in Perryman the Petracca dream can wait for 12 months.
I agree we don’t have currency. Just saying that without landing Houston I wouldn’t probably look at a Petracca/IQ swap even before considering that we’d have to add even more capital to make the deal. Petracca is a great acquisition to win now on two to three years, but IQ should give eight years of really high quality service.

In short, I think Q for eight would deliver us more premierships than Trac for three. But if Houston lands then that proposition is definitely flipped in my view.

The reality is that Houston is worth 6, Rioli is worth 13 and Noble is worth 20. However, trades are about the clubs' needs and bargaining power, not just what a player is "worth".
And the fact they’re all contracted

So 13 and Richards isn’t enough but Ralphy said yesterday that Carlton could offer Port 12 ON ITS OWN

He’s a pillock.

Comparing the B & F finishes of a spoon team with the reigning premier through a season is quite something.

And we’re already conceding Rioli is the better player, just not that there is some yawning chasm between them. Pick 6 for Rioli is a Bowes-trade level blunder.

We should do a deal with the suns for 13 and 23 giving them Noble and something back.
And then what will be will be on Houston
If it doesn’t go through it doesn’t go through.

If Smith deal collapses too we could be in pole position to snare him with 13 in the national draft as money would not be any concern for us.
Add in the Daicos boys connection and it wouldn’t be too hard of a sell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s a pillock.

Comparing the B & F finishes of a spoon team with the reigning premier through a season is quite something.

And we’re already conceding Rioli is the better player, just not that there is some yawning chasm between them. Pick 6 for Rioli is a Bowes-trade level blunder.
Not just the wooden spooners, a team that won 2 out of 23 games in a season an awful north and West coast team also played

I was given a day off by one of the scum mods a while back.
I might give myself a day or more off until Monday so I can do something constructive, like make a toy house out of ice cream sticks....

He’s a pillock.

Why do they even want Rioli?
He’s not what they need.

Oh god how many are going to take this seriously now… 🤦🏻

Virgil

“No other evil we know is faster than Rumor, thriving on speed and becoming stronger by running. Small and timid at first, then borne on a light air, she flits over ground while hiding her head on a cloud-top.”​

― Virgil, The Aeneid

One of the tv sports reporters said Dan is flying to Melbourne tonight . Possibly “ just in case” but can’t be a bad sign you’d think.

Hopefully can come out Publicly and say Trade me to Collingwood

One of the podcasts mentioned that we are the only other club to have actually put a contract to Houston - an additional 4 years. Unless Carlton have done that without anyone finding out?

If Houston did decide to stay or is contemplating that, then surely he would ask or be in the process of asking Port to extend his contract? It's just been Houston would return to Port.

I can't help but think a mid season trade period would be a hell of a lot more productive than end
of the season trade. You obviously would have to cap the no of trades a team can make.

One of the podcasts mentioned that we are the only other club to have actually put a contract to Houston - an additional 4 years. Unless Carlton have done that without anyone finding out?

If Houston did decide to stay or is contemplating that, then surely he would ask or be in the process of asking Port to extend his contract? It's just been Houston would return to Port.

Ours is 6 years so an additional 2 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He’s a pillock.

Should have pointed out that in 24 they both got brownlow votes in 2 games - Rioli 2 x 2 votes Noble a 2 and a 1. Noble had one of his best years and is still showing improvement, as could be expected being a late starter to his AFL career, whereas I would say Rioli has peaked.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back