List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

So let me get this straight......
Damo thinks Houston gets to Carlton trading offering either 12 or 14, that's only ONE 1st round pick by he's statement, that they will cave in and give up.
We are offering 13 (as long as we get it) Richards (a definite) and possibly 23 or 29.
How the F is the Carlton offer going to get Houston to them over our most likely offer?
Whats Damo been smoking???
Jesus,that panel’s got some negative Nellies about Collingwood on it,hasn’t it?If you didn’t know any better you’d swear they were trying to turn Houston off the idea of playing for Collingwood.They clearly want him to play anywhere but Collingwood.They must be worried that he would improve our list significantly.

Our trades with all due respect to Graham Wright and the previous people in charge of deals have been at best a D+
1. Henry should have either been a pick 7, or future first round pick. Or we should have played the cats bluff and made no deal. Mitchell would have gone to pies one way or the other even without the cats 25 pick.
3. Ginivan should at a minimum been a second round pick, if not also a future 2nd.
3. Schultz for a future first! and second rounder give me a break! his a frigen forward pocket player.
At worse it should have been our last years first
That's the main reason we have no draft caloteral
sometimes we need to call it the way it is!
done very well with Hill his value at the time was what we paid.
essendons offer was even less.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our trades with all due respect to Graham Wright and the previous people in charge of deals have been at best a D+
1. Henry should have either been a pick 7, or future first round pick. Or we should have played the cats bluff and made no deal. Mitchell would have gone to pies one way or the other even without the cats 25 pick.
3. Ginivan should at a minimum been a second round pick, if not also a future 2nd.
3. Schultz for a future first! and second rounder give me a break! his a frigen forward pocket player.
At worse it should have been our last years first
That's the main reason we have no draft caloteral
sometimes we need to call it the way it is!
Ollie Henry would have walked to Geelong in the draft.. that trade was instrumental in us winning a flag.

Jesus,that panel’s got some negative Nellies about Collingwood on it,hasn’t it?If you didn’t know any better you’d swear they were trying to turn Houston off the idea of playing for Collingwood.They clearly want him to play anywhere but Collingwood.They must be worried that he would improve our list significantly.
I must say this is the most appalling period of coverage I can recall by a large number of the media being so negative towards the Pies and barracking/inciting other clubs to hijack our dealings.

In what world do the media believe Port accept pick 12 for Houston?

It's 1 spot greater than 13 and Port have already rejected 13 and Richards in trade.

Beyond 12 Carlton have 14 and then not much else.

The could offer up 14 to Sydney for 19 and 22 but Sydney could get 13 from GC/PA for that.

So they offer up 12 for 19 and 22 and Port go hang on we could have done that same deal for 13 and might have been in a position to get 23 from Collingwood also. They demand 14 and 19 at a minimum in annoyance and leave Carlton with 22 at best.

Not sure Carlton would want that outcome and who knows whether Port would even accept it.

This is by far 100% the weirdest trade period I can remember from the past ten years. And there's a lot of familiar names still posting on these forums who would no doubt agree.

I've assumed a lot of it is just the Suns leaking shit to the media to try and get us to offer more, but now they're desperate for Houston to get itchy feet. Truly bizarre.

This is by far 100% the weirdest trade period I can remember from the past ten years. And there's a lot of familiar names still posting on these forums who would no doubt agree.

I've assumed a lot of it is just the Suns leaking shit to the media to try and get us to offer more, but now they're desperate for Houston to get itchy feet. Truly bizarre.
I can't wait until it's over, I've gone from being pretty excited last Mon/Tues to completely over it tbh.

Yep. I think Houston not nominating a club has allowed for extra speculation. We'll see in the next couple of days whether there was anything but hot air.

Just got to accept that the footy media is the entertainment industry rather than news.
And the teams, the sooner we get rid of the teams & concentrate purely on marketing the better!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back