List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Disagree. This move keeps us in it in 2025-27

We haven't just replaced 2023 Pendles and Sidey, we've just upgraded them.

And it's not just WHE and Checkers getting two years older. It's also Nick, Hill, McCreery, Josh, IQ.

We're going to need to poach a forward soon with our two best in Elliott and Checkers getting on. But Im not sure why people think we wont be able to.
Just keeping it real. It wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if we disappear. But if we can pinch one next year it softens the blow

And in saying that it didn’t exactly propel the Suns and Giants into instant winners. It took nearly five years before GWS were pretty good.

And look at North for example, literally being HANDED first rounders and they’re still planted at the bottom of the ladder.

Essendon as well, also had multiple top 10s and most have been role players or list cloggers

Take their 2020 draft, three consecutive Top 10 picks and all of them meh. Reid was injured, Cox is a role player at most, Perkins has regressed. Even Tsatas and Hobbs can’t get a game.
Oh and Carlton, outside the draft that got them Weitering, Charlie and McKay in 2015, the rest are rubbish outside of maybe Walsh

Two top 10s in 2017 netted them Dow and Lachie O’Brien

2018 Walsh and Stocker

2019 Kemp, Sam Philip and Sam Ramsay,

2020: Durdin and Carroll

2021: Motlop

2022: Hollands, Cowan, Binns, Lemmey

2023; Moir, Wilson.

Most are either out of the league or yet to debut

Tom Sims is the one. Rate him really highly.
He was the one that caught my eye in that list too. Thought he was rated higher than that. Has injury impacted his rating?

I’m trying to pre-order the 2025 Premiership Blu-ray and can’t find a link anywhere

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Not available as a stand alone video.

You'll need to pre-order the 2025-2027 "Pies Three-peat" Blu-ray.

Surely I'm not the only one who thinks we're being bent over for Houston.

He's not a Petracca or Cripps or Jeremy Cameron, he won't be the defining factor in us going up the ladder.

Giving up Noble, Richards, a future 1st rounder and pick 36 for Houston and Pick 50-****ing-8.

Hine has done it again, we have not seen enough return on this trade and have 3 draft selections in the 50s

On SM-A146P using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hine isn't the list manager.

Leppa is.

Just keeping it real. It wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if we disappear. But if we can pinch one next year it softens the blow

Can you explain how we would disappear considering the majority of our 22 outside of Pendles, Sidey and Howe are mostly 29 and younger?

Imagine quitting your spot as opening batsman for Australia to take up a teaching job because you needed to earn a quid? That happened in the 70s!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Paul affectionately known as Shagga Sheahan was my boarding house master, wasnt aware it was about the money
Handy sportsman could have played footy at top level too

Not going to lie, I’m a bit worried about where the club will be in 3 years time with our lack of young talent.

Particularly with Tassie about to drain the talent pool.

but Hopefully have a Flag or 2 ;)

He's not a Petracca or Cripps or Jeremy Cameron, he won't be the defining factor in us going up the ladder.

Giving up Noble, Richards, a future 1st rounder and pick 36 for Houston and Pick 50-****ing-8.

Hine has done it again, we have not seen enough return on this trade and have 3 draft selections in the 50s

Nice melt kinder. 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where are we finding the cap space for Perryman big deal and Houston?

We didn’t lose anyone significant really. What am I missing?

Have the veterans been given pay cuts for this, likely final year for them?

Treloar still going until next year isn’t it? Grundy next year too?
Sidey and Pendles playing for the love next year 🤣

You’ll never get a contracted 27yo peak Trac, Cripps or J Cameron for a F1 (likely not a top 10 pick esp with the player coming in), a borderline best 22 and a fringe player plus 14 pick upgrade. No chance that ever happens and even less so in the future when teams will be able to trade future firsts two years in advance which will drive prices up again.

I said a while back I’d be happy to come out of the trade with a pick in the 30s still. Let’s see what we do with the late picks. Trade up, swap for a player we rate as much or a mid 30s pick chance, or where it lands.

Remember too that we probably have belief in Hine’s ability with late picks. That’s where the likes of McReery, Ginnivan have come from in recent times.

Disagree. This move keeps us in it in 2025-27

We haven't just replaced 2023 Pendles and Sidey, we've just upgraded them.

And it's not just WHE and Checkers getting two years older. It's also Nick, Hill, McCreery, Josh, IQ.

We're going to need to poach a forward soon with our two best in Elliott and Checkers getting on. But Im not sure why people think we wont be able to.
Curtis Taylor can be a start

I would love us to take a dart throw at DGB as a summer signing
For a free hit, I’m not opposed to this.
The guy was elite at U18’s state footy for WA. Great mark, read the play well.
Something hasn’t clicked at Hawks. I can’t believe he’s gone from talented to shithouse so quickly. Change of scenery, and you never know.

Ok. What’s happening with Condon?

Earlier in the season Cal was reporting he could be in the club at the end of the season.

He’s the one. If he ends up coming for nothing it’s like another first rounder as well.
I think he’s expected to remain in the US until the end of the College season which is in March iirc.

Our 23-29 age group will now stand at

Beau - 23
Bobby, IQ - 24
Perryman, Jaicos - 25
Schultz, Lipinski - 26
Houston - 27
Maynard, JDG, Moore -28
DC, McStay - 29

Add in Nick at 21, Allan at 20, Harrison at 20 plus McGuane next year

That's 14 of our best players in the perfect age bracket, plus Allan and McGuane who we are super excited about, and our older guys

Crisp, Titch, Mihocek, Elliott (32) who are all 31

21 guys who should be with us for at least the next 3-5 years, and untried guys like Jiath and Demattia at 19, am I one of the only ones who think we are in a REALLY good spot moving forward? With opening $ space, no reason we can't top up and try poach guys like LDU/Trac and potentially some KPP depth.
No, you're not the only one.

There are plenty of us on here who don't see it as negatively as others do.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back