List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 2141631
But the deal had fallen through already according to the media 🤣

This is from Cal Twomey.

This is what's so dumb

They're so eager for Collingwood not to get Houston that it's "deal off" as opposed to "negotiations ongoing"

Even BEFORE we heard they knocked back the deal I had said the deal was less good for Port. It's not surprising they knocked that back.

Gold Coast are being dickheads in all this

We've done all we can on our end.

This is what's so dumb

They're so eager for Collingwood not to get Houston that it's "deal off" as opposed to "negotiations ongoing"

Even BEFORE we heard they knocked back the deal I had said the deal was less good for Port. It's not surprising they knocked that back.

Gold Coast are being dickheads in all this

We've done all we can on our end.
GC will make sure it happens. Such a good deal for them.

I think what’s irritating me the most out of all of this is how differently GC are treating the Noble and Rioli trades. They’re giving up the world for Rioli who’s a just slightly above average player but at the same time are treating Noble like some kind of steak knives to our F1 for pick 13. They chased him under contract and offered him a 4 year deal ffs, it makes me want to just retain Noble and call the whole thing off on principle.

There's a certain "flavour" at least on this board that getting Houston almost guarantees a flag - history suggests other clubs going down the same path have failed - not to say that Houston wouldn't be a great get if that happens.....
You just nominated a random list of names. There’s plenty other names of big reputation recruits that have won flags.

Houston will improve us immediately. Perryman too will improve us by freeing up Daicos . Given we won the flag in 23 and could have done anything this year with some better luck, any improvement to our list might be enough. Obviously it’s silly to predict Houston will win us a flag but if people want to do so good on them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think what’s irritating me the most out of all of this is how differently GC are treating the Noble and Rioli trades. They’re giving up the world for Rioli who’s a just slightly above average player but at the same time are treating Noble like some kind of steak knives to our F1 for pick 13. They chased him under contract and offered him a 4 year deal ffs, it makes me want to just retain Noble and call the whole thing off on principle.

It's a little bit of this but also a little bit of the media click bait driving us mad.

If Noble wasn't tied up with Luko, Houston and Richards, I reckon he'd be done by now, relatively stress free.

What's more frustrating is that Cornes and Edmund are still pushing the Houston to North thing despite numerous reports saying he doesn't want to go there.

There's a certain "flavour" at least on this board that getting Houston almost guarantees a flag - history suggests other clubs going down the same path have failed - not to say that Houston wouldn't be a great get if that happens.....
The fact that one of your examples is from the early 80's, when in the last 10 years there's been Tom Boyd, Dion Prestia, Tom Lynch and James Frawley who have won a flag in their first year at a new club, suggests that we shouldn't be relying on history.

How good or bad it is depends on how you rate Lukosius. I think they're nuts to have involved their future first in a deal for him.
His value is less than Noble’s. He’s a neat footballer at best with some nice parlour tricks, but then you factor in the salary and he drops in value significantly. There’s just no way Port’s future 1st should be involved unless GC are paying his full wage which they won’t be.

The fact that one of your examples is from the early 80's, when in the last 10 years there's been Tom Boyd, Dion Prestia, Tom Lynch and James Frawley who have won a flag in their first year at a new club, suggests that we shouldn't be relying on history.
Was merely suggesting that it's not a guarantee

Media this morning already suggesting Carlton and Richmond looking like the biggest winners this trade period.

Despite of course Carlton potentially trading away their third best forward, a first rounder and future first for pick 3, beyond missing out on Houston and not being able to offload Kennedy or any others.

And Richmond losing their best 2 players alongside the retirement of an ex captain and retirement of one of their best ever.

Media this morning already suggesting Carlton and Richmond looking like the biggest winners this trade period.

Despite of course Carlton potentially trading away their third best forward, a first rounder and future first for pick 3, beyond missing out on Houston and not being able to offload Kennedy or any others.

And Richmond losing their best 2 players alongside the retirement of an ex captain and retirement of one of their best ever.
Richmond will field one of the worst teams of all time next season. Not sure I envy them

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back