List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

So now that is done, after becoming all Australian last year, Houston asked to renegotiate his contract, he is on $600 a year. Power said no.

Then recruited Esava at $750, you can imagine how this went down with CSM and the Houston camp. So earlier this year they asked again, and were rejected again. So they did the deal to go to Melbourne, except Melbourne imploded.

Given Tracs manager is the same as Houstons, he bailed on the deal, having knowledge of what is going on at Melbourne. And then asked to be traded to Carlton or us, whoever could do the deal, which is why he didn't nominate. Carlton don't have the cap space, they need to sign TDK next year as everyone is after him as a free agent.

Now we have him for 6 years, and can front end him to make up what he feels he is worth, which is much more than what he was on at Port.

So they had their chance, twice, and didn't take it, and he is going to be our best acquisition in many years.

Unrelated to that, Butters is gettable next year, club/s are already into him, I am sure you can guess which club that might be, and I think he will leave, which should send Port supporters into total meltdown again.

Is Butters out of contract at the end of next year?

It's not a bad idea. McStay is a very good main marking target up forward though. Membrey and Hayes can't play that role (Hayes cant be relied on as a starter in any role). We'd need someone who's good one on one and also mobile enough to get from contest to contest.

I'm just hoping we can have McStay and Mihocek play together most of the season. Reckon they're a strong forward combo.
Membrey is very good at getting high up the ground and running back forward. If we get him, which we will, I'd expect him to play as a pure third tall with Mihocek and McStay

So the Schultz haters have been squashed because we would have lost that pick in the Houston deal.

So now Schultz is a big tick

Ginnivan pick has gone in Houston deal.

So we give up Noble - good bloke but borderline 23 player; and Ginnivan.

We lose Richards; now he is traded, he is not an elite player. He may be a good average player. He would hardly have played a game without our injuries this year.

We gain Houston and Perryman; proven AFL talent and miss out on the draft speculative picks in a year where we had no draft capital.

In Schultz(yes he keeps getting mentioned), Houston and Perryman
Out Ginnivan Noble Richards.

That’s the result of the last two years turning over the team talent.

We lose future first pick for a genuine talent at the moment in maguane.

The tables have turned. Wow. Just wow.

Flagpies 2025.

Correct me if I’m wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not a bad idea. McStay is a very good main marking target up forward though. Membrey and Hayes can't play that role (Hayes cant be relied on as a starter in any role). We'd need someone who's good one on one and also mobile enough to get from contest to contest.

I'm just hoping we can have McStay and Mihocek play together most of the season. Reckon they're a strong forward combo.
Agreed, mcstay can crash packs for our small forwards although I think Krueger if fit is capable or bursting through contests and bring the ball to ground, Sam day could possibly do that too for a season. I was more thinking the gain we’d be getting down back for Darcy and others would outweigh the other side of it but who knows.

I haven’t been this excited since we won the 2023 premiership. We’ll be unstoppable next year. I have a massive case of whiplash and complete exhaustion after all the twists and turns of the last week, and struggling to form coherent thoughts and sentences - but we did it! We got our man in the end. Leppa is smashing this trade period.

I haven’t been this excited since we won the 2023 premiership. We’ll be unstoppable next year. I have a massive case of whiplash and complete exhaustion after all the twists and turns of the last week, and struggling to form coherent thoughts and sentences - but we did it! We got our man in the end. Leppa is smashing this trade period.
Yeah same we just have to hope and pray we have minimal injuries and hungry players again

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

So the Schultz haters have been squashed because we would have lost that pick in the Houston deal.

So now Schultz is a big tick

Ginnivan pick has gone in Houston deal.

So we give up Noble - good bloke but borderline 23 player; and Ginnivan.

We lose Richards; now he is traded, he is not an elite player. He may be a good average player. He would hardly have played a game without our injuries this year.

We gain Houston and Perryman; proven AFL talent and miss out on the draft speculative picks in a year where we had no draft capital.

In Schultz(yes he keeps getting mentioned), Houston and Perryman
Out Ginnivan Noble Richards.

That’s the result of the last two years turning over the team talent.

We lose future first pick for a genuine talent at the moment in maguane.

The tables have turned. Wow. Just wow.

Flagpies 2025.

Correct me if I’m wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Or could equate it to a late f1, earlyish second and two late seconds. I’ll buy it

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back