List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting insight (i assume CSM is something to do with player managers?). The one thing I kept thinking during the on and off again saga, would port really screw around with 5 players in an almost flippant manner.
Connors Sports Management 👍

Depends what you mean by “Port”. If you mean the list manager and GM of footy then no they wouldn’t because they liaise with and have relationships with the managers.

If you mean the board then yes because they can make these sorts of unilateral decisions on a whim without being held accountable for the ramifications.

How? We gave up 2 x 18-year-olds (13, 36) who’d be lucky to win one AA between them, Noble is borderline best 22, and Richards has played 9 games.

How on earth did we overpay?
Because we gave up too much. A half back flanker is not worth that much. Especially when our spine is so poor.

You need to balance your objectives. We have one of the worst groups of young players in the league. We missed finals this year and are relying on having a dream run with injury to be competitive again

Because we gave up too much. A half back flanker is not worth that much. Especially when our spine is so poor.

You need to balance your objectives. We have one of the worst groups of young players in the league. We missed finals this year and are relying on having a dream run with injury to be competitive again

How many flags that bottomed out and rebuilt have won a flag?

Melbourne and they had to receive help from the AFL as they were a proper basket case.

And we paid well overs

Reckon you might be underestimating how good Houston is and the impact he'll have on our side while also forgetting Hine is genuinely terrible with picks higher than 40

This is arguably as perfect as it could have gone

I would play Allan, he has shown signs of great talent. It is obvious being in the vfl will not allow him to flourish, I would put him ahead of Tom Mitchell for now. Mitchell needs to earn his spot to get back in the side.
Like I said earlier pretty pointless arguing about round one sides …. My ins are just the most experienced incumbents and the point was that there’s a lot of them

We have the worst group of young players because we keep drafting bloody duds. Every team needs a dream run with injuries to win the flag. And even if we’re hit with injuries a couple of 18 year olds are not going to save us.

We turned a couple of fringe players and mid picks into a dual AA in his prime while our window is open … from a direct competitor for the flag. That’s high way robbery. Port fans and the media are justifiably melting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are like a problem gambler putting our paycheque through the poker machines on pay day. The player we get in the 50’s would want to turn out like Josh Daicos or Dane Swan to get some balance in the deal
Your metaphors are so mixed up! Adding the best half back in the league is a gamble, but draft picks are not?

We intend to maximize our chances next year with pendles , sidebottom, Elliot,Howe, cox, checkers on their last legs, who all still have enough good footy in them to make effective contributions towards a successful campaign. We will have plenty of opportunity to address key position stocks in the years after they retire.

Connors Sports Management 👍

Depends what you mean by “Port”. If you mean the list manager and GM of footy then no they wouldn’t because they liaise with and have relationships with the managers.

If you mean the board then yes because they can make these sorts of unilateral decisions on a whim without being held accountable for the ramifications.
Thanks.

Port as a collective I guess. The Board and the Port brand. Hadn't thought too deeply. Your insights on CSM ring true to me.

So now that is done, after becoming all Australian last year, Houston asked to renegotiate his contract, he is on $600 a year. Power said no.

Then recruited Esava at $750, you can imagine how this went down with CSM and the Houston camp. So earlier this year they asked again, and were rejected again. So they did the deal to go to Melbourne, except Melbourne imploded.

Given Tracs manager is the same as Houstons, he bailed on the deal, having knowledge of what is going on at Melbourne. And then asked to be traded to Carlton or us, whoever could do the deal, which is why he didn't nominate. Carlton don't have the cap space, they need to sign TDK next year as everyone is after him as a free agent.

Now we have him for 6 years, and can front end him to make up what he feels he is worth, which is much more than what he was on at Port.

So they had their chance, twice, and didn't take it, and he is going to be our best acquisition in many years.

Unrelated to that, Butters is gettable next year, club/s are already into him, I am sure you can guess which club that might be, and I think he will leave, which should send Port supporters into total meltdown again.
This is great info.

Did you get it from elsewhere or you had the inside goss?

This is great info.

Did you get it from elsewhere or you had the inside goss?
I live in Adelaide and have a mutual friend who knows him. I knew all along he wasn't going back, as he was going to Melbourne, just wasn't sure if he could get to us, but I quickly found out with Weitering signing and TDK set to take up the rest of their cap, no way they could fit him in.

I didn't want to jinx it on here until it was done.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back