List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Membery would be a great free hit.

In seasons he's played more than 12 games (8), in 7 of those he's kicked 30+.

He's also got a 65% goal accuracy rate from his 293 goals.

For nothing, what am I missing here?
Yep. Good player

Membery would be a great free hit.

In seasons he's played more than 12 games (8), in 7 of those he's kicked 30+.

He's also got a 65% goal accuracy rate from his 293 goals.

For nothing, what am I missing here?
Yeah I wouldn’t mind him on the cheap. Solid for his age, strong in the air, would be a good 2nd or 3rd tall option up forward. Will be depth to start of with, but handy depth knowing Mihocek and McStay are prone to injury.

I agree I do think Perryman and Houston will make us better in the short to medium term. It is not the Houston acquisition in isolation it is the multiple 1st we keep trading out. Pick 10 which we would have had which could have been used to trade players in or one of Alix Tauru, Bo Allan, Jobe Shanahan. If we kept pick 13 maybe we could have the best available mid and KPP.

Also agree that McGuane could do what the Campo twins have done and go from top 10-15 to borderline rookie draft which is something to consider which may leave us light in the talented youth department come 2026.
If you had seen Tom play then you would know how ridiculous predicting him going in the rookie draft is. Next years draft is bad so getting a talent like Tom is a Godsend, it's just the truth.

Should we snatch back Liam McMahon in the rookie draft ahead of Carlton now that he’s matured? I’d love to do that if our pick is ahead of Carrrrlton.
Pretty sure someone is going to nab him. Saw something about him the other day. Can't remember which club though.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Might have to have me a read then. By the way, can’t remember the controversy of him leaving Crom. Any pointers you can give me?
No idea. Didn't even know who he was until I saw his name yesterday mentioned in the 3 way trade!

Last edited:
How good is trade period?

Perryman - check
Houston - check

Let’s keep the roll going. I think the following would be astute pickups:

Tomlinson: After losing Murphy we’re light on KPB depth. I also think he’s an upgrade on Frampton and likely plays ahead of him. Cheap.

Membrey: Only 30 and playing strong footy. Good for 30+ goals a year. Need another marking forward as Checkers/McStay never seem to get on the park together. UFA so free to a good home.

Whether or not we need more inside mid depth probably depends on if Perryman can go through there. Heard we were looking at Robertson so it’s clearly on our radar as an area of need. Perhaps we just back in Allan? V hard to tell from the witches hat game alone whether he’s ready for a weekly role….

We’re not done yet, here’s hoping this is one of those off-seasons we look back on as premiership making.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back