List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Ruscoe’s been on fire for West Coast’s miserable WAFL side. Kicked 3 goals for multiple weeks. Think we’ll regret letting him go and he finds a spot on another list. I’ll never forget his sportsmanship and character.

The only way I see us getting up the draft is by trading picks for teams with F/S

Lions (Ashcroft) Carlton (Camporeale Twins)

Only problems is Richmond have boat loads of picks to work with so they might be the best candidates for Lions and Carltons 1st

GCS have three 1sts and might off load one most likely pick (20) for a mature best 22 player (Crisp or Noble) Don't @ me it's an example

Maybe NM might offer pick their second pick (21) for again more mature best 22
Haha. Wouldn't it be ironic if we nabbed some quality players by trading picks for teams with f/s, considering how much oppo teams have whined about our f/s.

Ruscoe’s been on fire for West Coast’s miserable WAFL side. Kicked 3 goals for multiple weeks. Think we’ll regret letting him go and he finds a spot on another list. I’ll never forget his sportsmanship and character.
Totally agree with this comment although not being in the inner sanctum we will never know what goes on. Ruscoe is a decent height for a third tall, a fantastic kick and a solid body. Shame he was delisted when Murphy’s career was in doubt

It won’t be Sofrinidis. Needs more exposure at AFL level.

Lachie Young is a gun for Carlton and can be deployed in the middle. If we wanted immediate impact, we’d choose him.
Question for the MSD is where on the field if anywhere we need immediate impact and is it necessarily in defence

Totally agree with this comment although not being in the inner sanctum we will never know what goes on. Ruscoe is a decent height for a third tall, a fantastic kick and a solid body. Shame he was delisted when Murphy’s career was in doubt
It might have been something about wanting to go home. He doesn’t seem like he was causing trouble but we’ll never actually know.

It might have been something about wanting to go home. He doesn’t seem like he was causing trouble but we’ll never actually know.
Some players are just delisted because they're not AFL quality or don't fit in with the game style.

It doesn't have to be any off field stuff. You do seem to like bringing up off field stuff though..

There was nothing wrong with Ruscoe off field. He was a popular kid, still is. Great family.
Some just get unlucky because you do have to delist players each year as per the quota.
Struggled for games, but most did, as it was a hard defence to crack into.

I trust the club on recruitment given their recent strike rate

… but Lachie Young as the MSD pick is not inspiring

from what I’ve noticed he’s probably more rebounding defender than Murphy like stopper… so not really a like for like pick up

There was nothing wrong with Ruscoe off field. He was a popular kid, still is. Great family.
Some just get unlucky because you do have to delist players each year as per the quota.
Struggled for games, but most did, as it was a hard defence to crack into.
I liked him and think he's a solid footballer. But not good enough in the air to play tall or quick enough to play as a small defender for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL clubs will be forced to pay a higher price for star academy and father-son players as part of an overhaul of the draft points system.
And the league is open to pick purchasing where clubs can effectively buy draft picks with salary cap space and trading more than one year in advance.

The league told all 18 clubs in a meeting of football general managers on Tuesday a revamp of the draft points system was in the works as part of a discussion about the trade and draft system.

It means clubs such as Gold Coast would not get as much of a discount on brilliant first-round academy prospects taken in the first round of the draft after securing four homegrown guns last year including Jed Walter.

But the northern-states clubs will strongly defend their ability to continue to develop and recruit local talents who could otherwise play other sports.

AFL football boss Laura Kane and operations assistant Josh Mahoney led the meeting and asked clubs to break off in small groups to have further talks on key topics.

Clubs want more flexibility to trade picks two years in advance, helping clubs have more capacity to make moves at trade period.

Clubs have been frustrated deals have stalled because of their inability to unlock picks more than one year ahead.

Free agency compensation and the controversial bands system was also discussed as clubs look for more clarity on the wages which trigger first-round compensation picks.

The AFL also provided an update on the ball-tracking technology which could help the AFL develop an enhanced goal review system.

A further update on the state league trial will be delivered in June.

I liked him and think he's a solid footballer. But not good enough in the air to play tall or quick enough to play as a small defender for us.
Yeah his skills prob didn't suit us, but reckon someone like eagles. I know some eagles fans that have been impressed. He's been playing forward in the wafl which was where he played n U18

And the league is open to pick purchasing where clubs can effectively buy draft picks with salary cap space and trading more than one year in advance.

This would be a positive change for us wouldn't it? Considering the talk about all our available $ in our salary cap..

Being able to trade out future draft picks is bad enough… could see clubs terribly over paying in draft picks AND salary cap space

A bad recruiting decision to set a club back years on end

Being able to trade out future draft picks is bad enough… could see clubs terribly over paying in draft picks AND salary cap space

A bad recruiting decision to set a club back years on end
I don't care if other clubs stuff it up.

I only hope it's an advantage for us considering our available salary cap.

I don't care if other clubs stuff it up.

I only hope it's an advantage for us considering our available salary cap.

This club has a history of fluffing it with multiple 1st round picks for a player… or offering a 1st round pick only to slide down the ladder a year later

and long overpaid contracts to players that are then moved on… so my caution is warranted… even if the new administration seems an improvement

Kicking 3 goals for a few weeks in the WAFL is nothing particularly special. He won’t find a new home and we won’t regret letting him go.

What makes you think he won’t find a new home?
Doesn’t play tall, not particularly fast, can be questionable defensively. WAFL is his level, he’ll look good there, but kicking some goals in the worst state league of the big 3 isn’t going to make recruiters come knocking at his door.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back