List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Pies are set very well and this year we just need to go after Free Agents this year and I still think Shoota will be a great addition for us.
Play Eyre for the rest of the season as well as Long who made an immediate impact when brought on.

The biggest problems we have had this year I see are:
1. No McStay,
2. Not having enough of the top 20 players in the side for a 6 week stretch,
3. Mitchell missing.

Our game plan works when we have enough players on the ground that know and go to where they should be - if you have 1 or 2 that don't it all breaks down.

Next preseason we need to get the top 30 players to all know the game plan well enough to execute it and have players that can step in immediately and know their role and do it.

It is a rough patch but we will get through it stronger in 2025.

I fear for life after Pendles , Sidey and co. I fear that Nick will be left carrying this side for years to come. Said it several times before that we need to build around Nick.
This isn’t new. We’ve known about this and hoped to snag a flag and we have. We’ve all known there’s a drop coming, we’ve weathered the storm well.

We started this season without our KPD and KPF. And it’s only gotten worse. Not ideal.

Hard to stay up the top, not many teams do. We’ve been up there for awhile (21) aside. That leaves a lack of genuine high end picks.

4 grand finals, 2 flags in 13 years who are we to complain.

The competition is designed to have falls and rises

Pies are set very well and this year we just need to go after Free Agents this year and I still think Shoota will be a great addition for us.
Play Eyre for the rest of the season as well as Long who made an immediate impact when brought on.

The biggest problems we have had this year I see are:
1. No McStay,
2. Not having enough of the top 20 players in the side for a 6 week stretch,
3. Mitchell missing.

Our game plan works when we have enough players on the ground that know and go to where they should be - if you have 1 or 2 that don't it all breaks down.

Next preseason we need to get the top 30 players to all know the game plan well enough to execute it and have players that can step in immediately and know their role and do it.

It is a rough patch but we will get through it stronger in 2025.
If it was a loss in the GF this season would have been a lot more painful.

We’ve just had no sort of consistency at all this season despite the wins we’ve had. So much chopping and changing (mostly forced) is gonna prevent that

James Peatling should be a target of ours. Will Phillips and Alex Davies should be of interest too.

And please can we get Battle as a free agent
Wil Phil has risen from the ashes at North as a tagger so less likely he leaves now.

The other two, very gettable IMO. Davies in particular has played pretty well when he’s been in the Suns side this season

Suns vfl right now playing Willy

13e2d235a78fe23db413956319cf8964.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazing how Sam Day might be the best big forward available

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still wish we'd drafted Teakle instead of Bytel.
That's the first thing I heard as Mr Apples walked through the door at 11pm last night! He doesn't let up about Teakle, but he wouldn't help us much at present as far as I can see.

That's the first thing I heard as Mr Apples walked through the door at 11pm last night! He doesn't let up about Teakle, but he wouldn't help us much at present as far as I can see.
I'm not suggesting he'd necessarily be the difference between winning or losing or increase our obvious lack of intensity...but he'd be the ruck/forward we desperately need which would mean we aren't robbing our defence to play forward each week...which in turn means our defence could have remained somewhat settled & built confidence & connection..which it's clearly been lacking.

Mr. Apples is incorrect. Teakle is a spud
Yep. Would have been a short term fix only and likely surplus to requirements before the end of the year.

Positive from this year is our senior list have all been given an AFL opportunity with roles and senior exposure. We have seen who may develop and who may not be part of our plans. Its been a rare opportunity to KNOW our deficencies rather than guess who may step up.

It will be an interesting off season to see who the club values now as part of our future.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back