List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Not the most exciting name I know, but Patrick Voss just kicked 6 in WAFL and has been playing well at that level for freo this year. Looked solid at AFL level and at 195cm and still only 21 (OOC and an UFA I believe) might be an astute pickup?

Not the most exciting name I know, but Patrick Voss just kicked 6 in WAFL and has been playing well at that level for freo this year. Looked solid at AFL level and at 195cm and still only 21 (OOC and an UFA I believe) might be an astute pickup?
yeah cant get a game for freo after being selected as a SSP

It would be dammed hard saying 'Go Vossy!!"

I’ve mentioned him on here a couple of times. Still young. Cheap. Worth a look perhaps

Other than Nick, we don’t have a single other developing young player on our list in a key position or midfield spot that projects as elite.

That’s pretty dire straights right there.

Particularly when at the start of next year we’ve got guys like Pendles (37yrs old), Mitchell (31), Mihochek (32), McStay (29), Moore (29), DeGoey (29).

Other than Nick, we don’t have a single other developing young player on our list in a key position or midfield spot that projects as elite.

Particularly when at the start of next year we’ve got guys like Pendles (37yrs old), Mitchell (31), Mihochek (32), McStay (29), Moore (29).
Come on mate. Carlton just lost. Get on the ride. You've got to enjoy the moments.

Particularly when at the start of next year we’ve got guys like Pendles (37yrs old), Mitchell (31), Mihochek (32), McStay (29), Moore (29), DeGoey (29).
What is a “young player”?

I can’t fathom for a minute someone like you is advocating that we haven’t banked a range of picks 10-20 in hope they become “elite”.

I love the irony that 3/5 players you mentioned were top 10 picks.

Let’s not take those that’s don’t understand into the void of “draft is the win”…..

Not having access to top talent is a repercussion of being up there for a few years and winning a flag. Can’t do much about it without FA. You have rises and falls.

Not having access to top talent is a repercussion of being up there for a few years and winning a flag. Can’t do much about it without FA. You have rises and falls.
Draft will be no where in 5 years.

No one wants to take 18 year olds. Fools gold.
Taking someone at 24-25 that gives 6+ years of play immediately is the future.

Drafting 18 year olds is so bad a strategy I just can’t compute!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harley Reid says hi

Harley Reid says hi
Also Colby McKercher

Nate Caddy looked alright on Friday. Not to mention Sheezel

Maybe we should have left Nick playing vfl until he was 24?

If nobody uses the draft, no players come through the system.
Some make instant impact if they are ready. Others you give a little time, but draft is where you start your list from. All other avenues are to build around your talent.

Omg did you really respond to my post with a Number 1 draft pick that is categorised as a “once in a generation pick” ?

Wondering when you’ll provide some level of substance for building a list…..
What pick was Dane Swan?

Which other clubs have many 21 year olds that project as elite midfielders/kpps? We're already well ahead for a recent premiership side to have a generational young talent in Nick.

Would still take our list over other recent premiers in Geelong, Richmond, Melbourne, WC. None of them have any young midfielders/kpp that projects as elite except for Reid and potentially Holmes and Nick is still in a different league.

Also Colby McKercher

Nate Caddy looked alright on Friday. Not to mention Sheezel

Maybe we should have left Nick playing vfl until he was 24?

If nobody uses the draft, no players come through the system.
Some make instant impact if they are ready. Others you give a little time, but draft is where you start your list from. All other avenues are to build around your talent.
How is Colby going? Is he top 22 this year in a top 5 team? When do you think he will be?

You are being silly with the draft comments.

So answer this….how many 1st or 2nd year players (18-19) make a difference for a top 8 team?

So stop quoting players in bottom 6.
And stop quoting players that are top 10.

It’s a rubbish argument.

It's probably the present more so than the future. Well for us it is. Getting good draft picks requires a few years of being crap. The other option is to trade a quality player just to get a high draft pick. I think we need to take at least two 18yo players each year, you have to have youth coming through

How is Colby going? Is he top 22 this year in a top 5 team? When do you think he will be?

You are being silly with the draft comments.

So answer this….how many 1st or 2nd year players (18-19) make a difference for a top 8 team?

So stop quoting players in bottom 6.
And stop quoting players that are top 10.

It’s a rubbish argument.
How many of those players signed contract extensions and went on to become good players?

It's probably the present more so than the future. Well for us it is. Getting good draft picks requires a few years of being crap. The other option is to trade a quality player just to get a high draft pick. I think we need to take at least two 18yo players each year, you have to have youth coming through
Correct.
If you don’t t bleed players….you don’t get good picks.

We are very unlikely to bleed players.
So it’s down to finishing crap. Which we’ve proven over the past 15 years is unlikely.

So it comes down to trading and FA.
Find the 24+ that can impact.

18-19 year old is largely irrelevant and a waste of a spot. So why bother?

Holy fck.

Are you legit quoting 1 pick at 50+ as a reason?

Please. Stop it.
For every single Dane swan there are 6+ that don’t.

So fed up with the outlier being the reason.
This is what you said,
“Draft will be no where in 5 years.

Taking someone at 24-25 that gives 6+ years of play immediately is the future.”

Clearly that is wrong.The draft will remain an important part of club recruitment.

Is it the only part?

No,
Of course not. Your initial post was pretty silly.

How many of those players signed contract extensions and went on to become good players?
You tell me?
You’re the one using it as an argument.
Which I don’t actually understand what your argument is?!?

Mate, don’t mean to be rude….but you’re not winning this argument (whatever you’re argument is?!?).

So either provide evidence, or back away.

Up to you as to what you do….

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back