List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be interesting to see what the Swans do when Luke Parker is available again.

There's a distinct possibility that Tay could be the first player in history to play all year at one club only to tragically miss the GF, then moves to another club the next year only for the same scenario to play out. That would suck!
James Jordan a big chance to start sub for two different clubs in a Grand Final. Parker and Mills would both want to squeeze past him.
This is the guts of it, but my point is more to suggest that if he wants us it’ll happen.

I’m not to fussed re McGuane again if we don’t have the picks we’ll find them. LDU is next year as a FA or we don’t get him so from my perspective largely irrelevant to a trade collateral discussion.

I probably lean toward an established KPD myself like Barrass, but I’m under no illusion that it presents the same “issues” as Smith. For all the amazing work we’ve done behind the ball since 2022 we remain susceptible to teams with tall forwards when it’s not coming in on our terms. Barrass or someone like him wouldn’t necessarily solve that issue, but would make life much easier, IMO.
I still think a backline of Frampton, Howe and Moore is elite. Add in Maynard, Quaynor and any of Noble, WHE, Markov and we are hard to score against.
We have hardly played that mix together because of injury. Hoping Howe has another season or two in him. I’d love to see that combination get a good run of playing together.

Who said we are interested in talls? I hope we are but haven't heard that we are after talls.
Its been long said we are interested in one of the Whitlong twins

Also from the HS article

"Pies are known to be keen on key talls including Victoria’s Whitlock twins in the draft."

Sorry L24 but I don’t see
- Reef is completely diff Jamie. Hopefully (maybe, hopefully!) he can take the Checkers role
We really have had a number of opportunities to draft a Checkers replacement in last few drafts but haven’t pulled the trigger - it’s a shame if we have to use more draft collateral to grab a player that should already be on the list
- Sidey / Richards
Apart from being the same size
I think Joe could be a fantastic small forward for us but I can’t see Sidey comparison

IMO, We need another elite young mid (Callahan type or a runner like Rozee) to complement Nick / replace (to a degree) Pendles
Another FA mid as well!
Reef will never be able to take brutal hits week on week like Checkers. Reef isn't a key forward, and never will be. Not tall enough, or strong enough, he's a running type who seemingly doesn't really have a spot - yet. Maybe as a part time 3rd forward, but he'll never be able to replace Checkers.

Reef will never be able to take brutal hits week on week like Checkers. Reef isn't a key forward, and never will be. Not tall enough, or strong enough, he's a running type who seemingly doesn't really have a spot - yet. Maybe as a part time 3rd forward, but he'll never be able to replace Checkers.
He's taller than checkers, Darling, 1cm shorter than Mcstay. I don't think height is the issue.
He doesn't play like a key forward is more the issue. Which is prob understandable given he grew up playing as a mid. Or at most a third tall.

He's taller than checkers, Darling, 1cm shorter than Mcstay. I don't think height is the issue.
He doesn't play like a key forward is more the issue. Which is prob understandable given he grew up playing as a mid. Or at most a third tall.
Could not agree more, he is a midfielder without the tank but I would definitely persist with Reef he is still a baby and playing against bigger bodies.

I still think he has the pace to be a hard leading forward. He should be able to get some separation from tall or mid size backs often. He just needs to get the hands sticking a bit more consistently when he does find space with his hands out front. I haven't given up on the kid yet.

I still think he has the pace to be a hard leading forward. He should be able to get some separation from tall or mid size backs often. He just needs to get the hands sticking a bit more consistently when he does find space with his hands out front. I haven't given up on the kid yet.
He does have the real pace off the mark for a leading forward.

James Jordan a big chance to start sub for two different clubs in a Grand Final. Parker and Mills would both want to squeeze past him.

I still think a backline of Frampton, Howe and Moore is elite. Add in Maynard, Quaynor and any of Noble, WHE, Markov and we are hard to score against.
We have hardly played that mix together because of injury. Hoping Howe has another season or two in him. I’d love to see that combination get a good run of playing together.
Elite? I’m not so sure. Frampton is having a solid year, but always seems to be the one they move to plug a leak elsewhere, Howe is nearing the end and Moore is gettable as we saw with Larkey before Frampton went back. Don’t get me wrong it’s a good mix, but against say Carlton it’s a mix that could leak a bag to one or both of their KPF’s with even supply.

COLLINGWOOD

Current Draft Hand: 26, 44, 53

The Magpies won’t enter the draft until the second night, where they will select at Hawthorn’s pick. Collingwood swapped second rounders with the Hawks, due to the deal for Jack Ginnivan, while also adding an extra third-round pick to their board. But their fourth-round pick belongs to Essendon, having been on-traded by the Hawks in the Massimo D’Ambrosio deal.

What's the bolded in reference to?
I recall a weird response to a question last year from Adams about Daicos playing through tags (which I naturally cannot find now). I can't remember the precise wording, but the way he came across bothered me a bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I recall a weird response to a question last year from Adams about Daicos playing through tags (which I naturally cannot find now). I can't remember the precise wording, but the way he came across bothered me a bit.

is it this?

To Maginness’s credit he has turned himself into the new Cameron Ling, and was brilliant at limiting Daicos to just three possessions at halftime.

“He’s going to have another 12 or 15 years of this, so he has to get used to it,” said teammate Taylor Adams, when asked about the Daicos situation as he walked off at the main break.

Lmao he’ll never be a key forward like checkers because he’s not tall enough. Only 2cm taller than the bloke you’re comparing him to 😂

Reef will never be able to take brutal hits week on week like Checkers. Reef isn't a key forward, and never will be. Not BIG enough, or strong enough, he's a running type who seemingly doesn't really have a spot - yet. Maybe as a part time 3rd forward, but he'll never be able to replace Checkers.
Fixed.

Any interest in Grainger-Barras from the Hawks? Can be swung forward and back which could solve issues on gameday. Being traded or even delisted may be the kick up the backside he needs.
22, 195cm but only 81kgs. Hit the gym and give him a solid run. He's Edward Allan without the 'midfielder' tag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back