List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Keane is listed at 194cm. Amarty is 197cm which isn't even tall for a key forward these days.

Imo the 195 to 198cm KPF is still the best height as the agility and pace is much greater then your typical 200cm plus players.

200cm KPF are best for the dump ball contests imo.

Ideally you have both types.

I feel ill thinking about our first pick (top 10 now) in the hands of Fremantle.
…but we’re basically trading a second rounder…

Look, it may end up being pick 18, pick 32, IDFK, but this is why I was so against us trading a future first
There is no guarantee where you will finish ( ala 2nd last)
We should have told Lachie that we would offer our 2023 first + whatever else Freo might want, but as soon as future first became non negotiable to them, then we’d have to walk away

IMO you only trade future firsts for out-and-out jets
Particularly KPP and mids - which is exactly what trading our future first might just have cost us.

…but we’re basically trading a second rounder…

Look, it may end up being pick 18, pick 32, IDFK, but this is why I was so against us trading a future first
There is no guarantee where you will finish ( ala 2nd last)
We should have told Lachie that we would offer our 2023 first + whatever else Freo might want, but as soon as future first became non negotiable to them, then we’d have to walk away

IMO you only trade future firsts for out-and-out jets
Particularly KPP and mids - which is exactly what trading our future first might just have cost us.
Exactly. People harp on about how Schultz will immediately impact more than our first round pick this year but forget that if we still had that pick we could also trade it this year for someone that would actually be a more elite player in a position we need more like midfield/kpp.

Exactly. People harp on about how Schultz will immediately impact more than our first round pick this year but forget that if we still had that pick we could also trade it this year for someone that would actually be a more elite player in a position we need more like midfield/kpp.
Thing is though, it’s happened.
Harping on about it can’t change that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's done is done though IMO. But I think we should hopefully take it as an expensive lesson not to flippantly trade out future firsts again, and especially with McGuane on the radar next year I suspect we'll be a lot more cautious

Thing is though, it’s happened.
Harping on about it can’t change that.
Well you'd hope something changes cause it's not a once off. We keep making the same mistake with our first round pick trades. Our trades for "elite" players that we overpay for like Treloar, Beams, Schultz have all been thoroughly underwhelming. We're still yet to attract a genuine elite FA.

Our best trades have been from spotting unproven talents that we trade for with very little like Crisp, Cameron, Hill.

How about the Ginnivan trade? Swapping seconds as a sweetener now looks a disaster. How’s every chance of finishing higher than us hahah.
IN WRIGHT WE TRUST!!!

Wright helped win us a flag. Bobby Hill trade for starters.

If anything we need Wright back from holidays and get the ship back on course.

Wright helped win us a flag. Bobby Hill trade for starters.

If anything we need Wright back from holidays and get the ship back on course.
Didn’t Wright negotiate the Schultz trade?

I fear for life after Pendles , Sidey and co. I fear that Nick will be left carrying this side for years to come. Said it several times before that we need to build around Nick.
I think we all acknowledge & are aware we need strong midfielders around Nick. We can't expect him to do it all on his own.

Even last night, so many times when players were in a better position to have a shot on goal or pass it to someone else .. they inevitably gave it off to Nick who was already under pressure & in a worse position.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back