List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Finn and Reef dropped again, is the experiment over for these two and is it worth trading them?
Reef 18 games in 4 seasons.
Macrae 20 games in 4 seasons.
Can't be good when Sullivan is starting to take over. No disrespect to Lachie.

Finn and Reef dropped again, is the experiment over for these two and is it worth trading them?
I think Fins time might be up. He’ll probably ask for a trade to try and get more senior time. Reef I think we’ll try to retain. He’s showed steady improvement year on year and with a few of our forwards and mids on the wrong side of 30 I think the club will be keen to develop him in to a forward/mid hybrid. There’s definitely a future for him at the pies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good on him. That is the definition of loyalty. Playing for a team that has been largely irrelevant over the past 20+ years to play with his mates when he could achieve success & possible more $$$ elsewhere. We were unlikely to get him anyway. We seem to only get the NQR's.

Two mids came in, so one had to drop out. That's just the reality of the situation.
He would understand where he is at. He is willing to be patient. And they are happy with his development.

Reef on the other hand could leave. Tried to leave last year but we didn't let him. I think we want to retain him, just depends what he wants.

If the Logan McDonald speculation is true, we have to go for it.
I want the club to find a way of doing it with only 1 future 1st though. Preferably 2025 1st round if McGaunes kid could get to us.
This might mean we have to trade package a Reef and Fin and a 2nd or something like that.
I love Shultz, but the trade has really hurt us.

If the Logan McDonald speculation is true, we have to go for it.
I want the club to find a way of doing it with only 1 future 1st though. Preferably 2025 1st round if McGaunes kid could get to us.
This might mean we have to trade package a Reef and Fin and a 2nd or something like that.
I love Shultz, but the trade has really hurt us.
Shultz has hurt us. Oh please..
What a load.

Reef is a weird one because i dont think we have scratched the surface on him as a player as both a mid and a fwd. It could be worth his long term development to play as a mid in VFL.
Macrae needs another 15-20 games of consistent AFL. I dont think we can give it to him.

Two mids came in, so one had to drop out. That's just the reality of the situation.
He would understand where he is at. He is willing to be patient. And they are happy with his development.

Reef on the other hand could leave. Tried to leave last year but we didn't let him. I think we want to retain him, just depends what he wants.
Where did Reef try leave to?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being in the window future picks have less value for us.

The huge value is getting in younger players who can play now. Schultz last year was a good get.

McDonald is the perfect age and position. We need a quality young KPF. A young tall ready to play is far better than a first round pick or even two, it would be our number 1 need for sustainability.

This is how we'll extend our window. Gambling on draft picks, especially talls, is a much riskier and slower path.

McDonald's ceiling is hard to judge, but he's already pretty good and will make it as a quality AFL player. This is definitely the right type of target though.

Is it realistic? I think so. All depends on whether LM wants to come. Sydney would be desperate to keep him, but he's out of contract and like us with Henry there won't be much they can do if he's determined.

That is what ive been told. Would he get more opportunities there than with us?
Well it depends what position he's after? Does he want to be a forward? Or is he more a mid?

I would hope he wasn't interested in anything about Melbourne Football Club, tbh.

I really hoped he'd get more opportunity after Henry left, but for one reason or another, he doesn't get a good run at it.

Considering he's such good friends with Fin, I'm starting to fear we could lose both of them.

Yes because they have no forward line. What was on the table?
That i'm not sure. Just know of he interest last year. Whether it still holds now I can't say.
But if he is determined, he should focus on his tank and lock down on improving to be best 23 in 2025. Hopefully stays and a new contract can be sorted once wright comes back. He doesn't look unhappy so fingers crossed.

Well it depends what position he's after? Does he want to be a forward? Or is he more a mid?

I would hope he wasn't interested in anything about Melbourne Football Club, tbh.

I really hoped he'd get more opportunity after Henry left, but for one reason or another, he doesn't get a good run at it.

Considering he's such good friends with Fin, I'm starting to fear we could lose both of them.
They think they could build his tank up.. I guess to be more of a mid? I don't know all the details. But the fact he didn't sign a new contract at the start of the year when Fin did, whether thats concerning or not I'm not sure.

But suppose hard to get a contract atm when wright is out of the country.

So lets fingers crossed and hope he wants to stay and a contract can be sorted later in the year.

He wants more opportunity, and have mcstay, schultz, elliott ahead of him up forward.
As a mid, doesn't have the tank yet. But if thats something he wants, he should focus on building up in the pre-season to play more midfield, given our aging midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back